Washington DC Message Boards

Mikulski vs. Wargotz Debate

Guest Simone Ward

Guest Simone Ward

On Wednesday, October 20, the Mikulski Campaign agreed to debate the issues with Commissioner Wargotz on Monday, October 25th. Mikulski for Senate is still waiting a response from the Wargotz campaign. Maryland Public Television offered to provide the forum. Senator Mikulski agreed to a conversation on the issues that face Maryland voters on their public affair show. Therefore we were surprised to see their press release today. The Senator has confirmed her appearance on the show whether Mr. Wargotz participates or not.

The Wash Post reports it the other way around. Frankly, I don't trust you story. It seems that the Wargotz campaign has been pursuing a debate for weeks and all Mikulski has agreed to is a :joint interview". Quite disturbing. Still plenty of time for a formal debate arrangement. Afterall, all the Seanator has to do is ask a media outlet to do it and they will jump. The opposite is true for her challenger - they will ignore his requests. No doubt Wargotz will participate in whatever is set up but I for one am disappointed in the Senator for dodging participation in an actual debate with him. She may have lost my vote.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.