Washington DC Message Boards

Federal Reserve Board of Governors Report to Congress

Guest 67PumpkinHead

Guest 67PumpkinHead

Release just came from the Federal Reserve Central Bank. I have made changes with brackets [i.e]

Dear [united States Citizens]:

Strengthening our financial regulatory system in ways that take the appropriate lessons from the crisis is essential for the long-term economic stability of our country. To this end, as you know, the Banking Committee has compiled an extensive hearing record and has begun considering specific reform proposals.

A number of [Americans] have recently asked for the Board's views on the importance of the Federal Reserve's continued role in bank supervision and regulation.

In response to these requests, I am enclosing for you and your colleagues a document that discusses

(1) how the expertise and information that the Federal Reserve develops in the making of monetary policy enable it to make a unique contribution to an effective regulatory regime, especially in the context of a more systemic approach to consolidated oversight; and

(2) how active involvement in supervising the nation's banking system allows the Federal Reserve to better perform its critical functions as a central bank.

Read the actual document.

supervision_report.pdf

or follow hyperlink

http://www.federalreserve.gov/BoardDocs/RptCongress/supervision/supervision_report.pdf

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.