Washington DC Message Boards

Zombieland

mrbinky3000

Just saw Zombieland. I have to say, it lived up to the hype. It was both hilarious and very suspenseful. It also has the best cameo appearance in a movie that I've seen in a long time. I can't tell you anything more about it without spoiling the film.

My only critique is that they hired these movie actor clones to play leading roles. Here is what I mean.

Lead actor Jessie Eisenberg looks and acts like neurotic indie actor Michael Cera.

MV5BMjIwOTc0MDk0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYyMDY4Mg@@._V1._SX267_SY400_.jpgMV5BMTgyMTMwMDcyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTU1OTQ2Mg@@._V1._SX303_SY400_.jpg

And lead actress Emma Stone looks (but thankfully acts better than) Lindsey Lohan.

MV5BMTk1NTY5MTgxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQyNzMyMg@@._V1._SX309_SY400_.jpgMV5BMjAzODY4NDgyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzk0NDUz._V1._SX277_SY400_.jpg

It is painfully obvious that these people were hired because of their similarity to their more famous counterparts.

Anyhow, go see the movie. I liked it. It has some serious gore, and some serious laughs. Its a great date movie.

Regarding cameos, so to speak, while I don't care for Tom Cruise as a person (I think he's a jackass in fact) I can't dispute he was good in Tropic Thunderwhich was an incredibly, surprisingly, fantastic movie and this, coming from me, an admitted movie snob.

Seriously.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.