Washington DC Message Boards

Democrats United in Saying No to Virginia Jobs

Guest MCDONNELL FOR GOVERNOR

Guest MCDONNELL FOR GOVERNOR

On Friday, I asked the Democratic candidates for Governor a simple question: Would they join me in supporting the creation of thousands of new jobs for Virginians, the addition of hundreds of millions in new revenue for healthcare, transportation and education, and a move towards energy independence?

They all said no.

The issue is simple. Virginia has the opportunity to be the first state on the Eastern Seaboard to lease exploration and development rights for natural gas and oil off of our shores. Exploration would take place in a safe, environmentally-friendly manner, 50 miles off our coastline, far out of sight from our beaches.

Unfortunately, the Governor is working to delay this action and all three Democratic candidates for Governor put their special interests ahead of job-creation and economic development, by saying no to offshore exploration and development.

Offshore energy development is one part of an overall solution to our economic and energy challenges. We need to develop and bring to market renewable energy sources like wind, solar, geothermal, and biodiesel. But during this process, we are still going to need traditional energy sources to keep our economy moving, our houses warm, and our cars on the road.

According to one estimate, there are 130 million barrels of oil and 1.14 trillion cubic feet of natural gas off Virginia's coast. A study by a professor at Old Dominion University, forecasts that natural gas production alone off Virginia’s coast would create 2,578 new jobs, and produce $271 million in state and local revenue. Unfortunately, the Democratic candidates said no to Virginia jobs and yes to the special interests.

If you believe we should say yes to Virginia jobs and economic development, click here to contribute or visit www.BobMcDonnell.com to get involved in my campaign.

Bob McDonnell

Guest Human_*

The ENTIRE Stock Market knows that the Democrats are against oil drilling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday, I asked the Democratic candidates for Governor a simple question: Would they join me in supporting the creation of thousands of new jobs for Virginians, the addition of hundreds of millions in new revenue for healthcare, transportation and education, and a move towards energy independence?

They all said no.

The issue is simple. Virginia has the opportunity to be the first state on the Eastern Seaboard to lease exploration and development rights for natural gas and oil off of our shores. Exploration would take place in a safe, environmentally-friendly manner, 50 miles off our coastline, far out of sight from our beaches.

Unfortunately, the Governor is working to delay this action and all three Democratic candidates for Governor put their special interests ahead of job-creation and economic development, by saying no to offshore exploration and development.

Offshore energy development is one part of an overall solution to our economic and energy challenges. We need to develop and bring to market renewable energy sources like wind, solar, geothermal, and biodiesel. But during this process, we are still going to need traditional energy sources to keep our economy moving, our houses warm, and our cars on the road.

According to one estimate, there are 130 million barrels of oil and 1.14 trillion cubic feet of natural gas off Virginia's coast. A study by a professor at Old Dominion University, forecasts that natural gas production alone off Virginia’s coast would create 2,578 new jobs, and produce $271 million in state and local revenue. Unfortunately, the Democratic candidates said no to Virginia jobs and yes to the special interests.

If you believe we should say yes to Virginia jobs and economic development, click here to contribute or visit www.BobMcDonnell.com to get involved in my campaign.

Bob McDonnell

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.