Washington DC Message Boards

Where Does Senator Obama Stand on the 2nd Amendment?

Guest ELECT JOHN MCCAIN

Guest ELECT JOHN MCCAIN

For the first time in our history, the Supreme Court affirmed that the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms was and is an individual's right as intended by our Founding Fathers. I applaud their decision. I have always believed the clear intent of our Founding Fathers was that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.

I believe that the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is a fundamental, individual Constitutional right that we have a sacred duty to protect. Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals - criminals who ignore gun control laws anyway.

Unfortunately my opponent, Senator Barack Obama, does not share our support for this fundamental right. Senator Obama has never been a friend to Second Amendment supporters. He has also said outright, that he "does not believe people should be able to own guns."

My friends, we cannot risk jeopardizing this fundamental right - a right that is just as sacred as our right to free speech and assembly. Will you support my campaign for president today by making an immediate donation of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or more? Your financial support is urgently needed. Senator Obama's campaign has shown the capacity to raise and spend over $500 million against me. This is money that will be spent attacking me and my defense of your basic rights.

And as important as the Supreme Court ruling is, it does not mark the end of our struggle against those who seek to limit the rights of law-abiding citizens, like Senator Barack Obama. That's why we must always remain vigilant in defense of our freedoms.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.