Washington DC Message Boards

Obama Sister Cities: reach voters in Virginia

Guest Anuj Gupta

Guest Anuj Gupta

My name is Anuj Gupta, and I'm the Border State Director for Barack Obama's Campaign for Change in Virginia.

The next phase of our Campaign is up and running in Virginia, and supporters like you are busy building the movement that will carry Barack Obama to victory in November.

But we need your help.

Supporters right across the border in Virginia delivered a crucial primary victory for Barack Obama this winter that helped secure the Democratic presidential nomination. But now the general election is fast approaching, and Virginia is an important battleground state.

That's why we're asking you to be part of the Virginia Sister City program and join fellow supporters from your area in adopting a community right across the border in Virginia.

Get started this Saturday, July 26th, by taking a trip to Virginia to help build Barack Obama's Campaign for Change.

Sign up to volunteer this weekend and make a difference in a crucial battleground state:

http://my.barackobama.com/VAsistercity

The general election is coming up sooner than you may think. After this Saturday, July 26th, there will be just 100 days until November 4th.

Time flies when you're building the largest grassroots campaign in the history of presidential politics. That's why it's so important to get involved today.

Supporters like you who adopt a sister city in Virginia will return there over the next 100 days to get to know local residents, help bring people into the political process, and get the word out about our Campaign for Change.

Here's how the Virginia Sister City program works:

Campaign for Change staff will help match you with other folks from your area. Then we'll help you all find one area in Virginia to reach out to this Saturday -- and to keep returning to as the election approaches.

By adopting a sister city in Virginia, it will be easy to coordinate rides from your community. And by returning there over the next 100 days, you'll be able to build a lasting connection and see your impact grow.

No previous experience is required. Our staff will give you everything you need to succeed. All you have to bring is a hunger for change and a willingness to turn your enthusiasm into action.

Sign up now to adopt a sister city in Virginia, and Campaign for Change staff will be in touch soon:

http://my.barackobama.com/VAsistercity

We can't do this without you.

Thanks,

Anuj

Anuj Gupta

Border State Director

Virginia Campaign for Change

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.