Washington DC Message Boards

DC NOT GEARED FOR FAMILIES

DC NOT GEARED FOR FAMILIES

City_Place.jpg

If you live in the District of Columbia and have a family, then more times than not, you have to leave DC for the suburbs of Maryland or Virginia to afford your family a nice time without the fear of violence, pick-pockets, seedy establishments and more.

The sad fact is, DC is not family oriented but geared more for the single and homosexual populations.

A close examination will show that DC has more businesses catering overtly or covertly to singles and homosexuals than they do to heterosexuals and their family members who are the majority.

The foregoing is due to the fact that our mayor and ten (10) of our city council members are gay, lesbian or bisexual and they have best interest of the gay, lesbians and bisexual population at heart and not that of the traditional family.

All you have to due is visit the few shopping malls of DC and you will see that they are scarcely populated with shoppers, the restaurants are 1/3 full and then go out to the same type of establishments in Maryland and Virginia and you will see the opposite with half of their patrons being residents of DC who cannot obtain clean and wholesome services in DC.

Guest Mason420

I do not agree with your opinion at all. The picture you have of the Verizon Center is jammed packed with people every friday night. The only problem I see are the shopping stores are the same as Georgetown. As for nightlife the Irish Channel Pub and Fado are really great bars to meet women if you are a single guy. I think you are looking at the wrong places. As for the Verizon Center Sports Complex there is straight male testosterone screaming at all the Wizards and Caps games. Where do you hang out?

The picture above is not of the Verizon Center but City Place in Silver Spring.

I am both a father and a grandfather and I normally hang up in places that are clean and with people who adhere to traditional values.

I do not agree with your opinion at all. The picture you have of the Verizon Center is jammed packed with people every friday night. The only problem I see are the shopping stores are the same as Georgetown. As for nightlife the Irish Channel Pub and Fado are really great bars to meet women if you are a single guy. I think you are looking at the wrong places. As for the Verizon Center Sports Complex there is straight male testosterone screaming at all the Wizards and Caps games. Where do you hang out?

Guest Mason420

I think the MCI Center is good clean fun. You must be thinking about Dupont and Logan Circle. Because, I think that the District is one of the best places to go out with your friends and have fun. In the Summertime we young men have interns coming from all parts of the country. Then in the Fall all the AU, GWU, GT, CU, GU freshmen come into town. What more can a guy ask for.

DC is great for single people but has nowhere near the things that families look for.

I think the MCI Center is good clean fun. You must be thinking about Dupont and Logan Circle. Because, I think that the District is one of the best places to go out with your friends and have fun. In the Summertime we young men have interns coming from all parts of the country. Then in the Fall all the AU, GWU, GT, CU, GU freshmen come into town. What more can a guy ask for.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ILOVEDC_*

Have you gone to any of the festivals? They are so much fun for everyone. I especially like the Smithsonian Kite Festival and the Folklife Festival.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.