Washington DC Message Boards

Music recommendations for July 4th w'end?

Guest alsuli

• 2 weeks later...

Jo De La Rosa is not just another pretty face. The summer release of her debut album "Unscripted" will be the realization of her wildest dreams and will open up all of your eyes to what a great artist she is. If you don't believe me check her out but "Letting Go" is my favorite song she has posted so far and if its any indication I think she's gonna be the next big pop star.

Rose's voice is reminiscent of No Doubt frontwoman Gwen Stefani, but BETTER! Her influences are all over the place from African politics to everyday situations she faces and that gives her the opportunity to come up with some really original lyrics. My favorite song of hers is "Hello to You" the title track off of her album with the same name. Check her out though she's awesome.

Hey if you haven't heard of Keaton Simons yet you need to check him out. He's opening for Sister Hazel in St. Petersburg, Florida tomorrow and his cd "Can You Hear Me" is out. I know you are in DC but check out his dates he may be there soon. Take a listen and tell me what you think…

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.