Washington DC Message Boards

Fitna - film by Geert Wilders

Guest LAW_*

Guest LAW_*

Fitna is a 2008 short film by Dutch parliamentarian Geert Wilders. The film explores Qur'anic motivations for terrorism, Islamic universalism, and Islam in the Netherlands. The film's title comes from the Arabic word fitna which is used to describe "disagreement and division among people", or a "test of faith in times of trial". The movie contains "very shocking images". I do not recommend this movie to children. But, this should not be ignored.

Suras are juxtaposed to video clips of Imams stating Islamic teaching, and videos of violent atrocities committed in the name of Islam, including major terrorist attacks.

The first Sura of the film, Al-Anfal verse 60[8:60], is translated as:

"Prepare for them whatever force and cavalry ye are able of gathering, to strike terror, to strike terror into the hearts of the enemies, of Allah and your enemies."

Footage of the September 11 attacks are shown, followed by the Madrid train bombings. An unidentified Imam rises above the smoke and declares "Allah is happy when non-muslims get killed." Stills taken from the 7 July 2005 London bombings show an exploded bus and the underground train.

The next Sura, An-Nisa verse 56[4:56], is shown as a justification for Islamic antisemitism. Sheikh Bakr Al-Samarai is shown raising a sword while declaring: "A Jew is hiding behind me, come and cut off his head. And we shall cut off his head! By Allah, we shall cut it off! Oh Jews! Allahu Akbar! Jihad for the sake of Allah!"[34] An auditorium of several hundred people respond with approving chants and fist shaking.

Following this, a three year old Muslim girl, says that Jews are "apes and pigs"[36] because "Allah" said so "in the Qur'an" in an interview on Iqraa TV. More antisemitism is shown by an unidentified Imam, who says: "The Jews are Jews. They are the ones who must be butchered and killed." Child soldiers are shown holding guns in uniform.

Sura 47, verse 4[47:4] is shown in relation to the murder of Dutch film director Theo Van Gogh, committed by Mohammed Bouyeri. Bouyeri is reported as saying: "If I had the opportunity to get out of prison, and I had the opportunity to do it again, what I did on November 2nd, Allah I would have done exactly the same."[40] Protesters are shown supporting Van Gogh's murder, warning others to heed the lesson or "pay with your blood".

Dutch newspaper headlines are reproduced, outlining intimidating threats of murder to prominent critics of Islam, followed by footage of Eugene Armstrong's beheading. Armstrong's decapitated head is shown held up by Al-Qaeda terrorists.

By their very nature, most religions evangelize and seek converts. However, this conversion fiat must be of ones own free will, not at the edge of a sword or down the barrel of a gun.

Guest Jamie@GW

The God Bless Hitler signs were really freaky. Where did you find this movie? I was against the war against Iraq, but this really scares me. I thought the whole take over USA was propaganda, but apparently not. I cannot believe I have not heard about this on CNN or Fox news. I did not realize there were 54 million muslims in Europe.

Guest Defend our Freedom

Islamist want to take over the Netherlands. Hamas is in Rotterdam. The Quran gives a license to kill. Thank you for posting this video. I am going to tell me friends before it gets taken down.

Guest Sick & Disgusting behavior

Seeing young children raised solely to hate another race is scary and disgusting. No 3-year-old should ever be spitting out violent, threatening words. It goes to show how this religion can turn even innocent children into killers with no conscience.

How Muslins and are moving in on Europe and setting up purely hateful mosques is frightening. Their stance on gays and women should NOT be tolerated ANYWHERE! The Netherlands needs to keep a close eye on these developments to protect their own people.

Please send this video to as many people as you can. This information needs to get out to the public!

Guest Aurang

This movie is a mock documentary-style exposé of American trash-journalist Bill O'Reilly's militant calls for violent demonstrations and reprisals against "unbelievers" who dare to oppose his dogma.

Australia has condemned this Dutch lawmaker's anti-Quran film, with the foreign minister calling it "highly offensive."

Foreign Minister Stephen Smith rejected the film's premise of equating Islam with acts of terror and violence.

"It is an obvious attempt to generate discord between faith communities," Smith said. "I strongly reject the ideas contained in the film and deplore its release."

Muslim nations, the European Union and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon have all expressed outrage over the film, which has sparked noisy street protests in many Islamic nations.

The Dutch government has distanced itself from Wilders and tried to prevent the kind of backlash Denmark suffered over Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) cartoons.

Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende said in a televised speech he rejected Wilders' views and was pleased by the initial restrained reactions of Dutch Muslim organizations.

Thousands of Dutch people demonstrated Saturday in Amsterdam to show that Wilders does not represent the whole country.

Dutch exporters have expressed fears of a possible boycott.

The European Union supports the Dutch government's approach and believes the film serves no purpose other than "inflaming hatred," the Slovenian EU presidency said in a statement.

"The European Union and its member states apply the principle of the freedom of speech which is part of our values and traditions. However, it should be exercised in a spirit of respect for religious and other beliefs and convictions."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.