Washington DC Message Boards

Transitional housing facility to be built in Eckington

Guest Eckington District Resident

Guest Eckington District Resident

I am very concerned about the plans for yet another transitional housing facility in Eckington. The 100 plus unit building located at the corner of 3rd and T Street has been sold to a non-profit organizaiton with plans to create a transitional housing facility for homeless and battered women.

As homeowners with a family, we am extremely worried about what this means for the saftey, well being and value of our home.

In a neighbordhood that has an over abundance of these types of facilities and an obivous lack of policing, are we left to fend for ourselves. Was this plan laid out in a public hearing that we failed to attend? We are clearly seeking answers.

We moved to Eckington 3 years ago with the hopes of building a life for our family in a neighborhood that was still affordable and on the rise. Now we are considering moving.

I would like to get feedback from other concerned residence of Eckington.

Is Harry Thomas even listening?

To get Harry Thomas to hear you, you will have to yell into his "Shot Glass".

I am very concerned about the plans for yet another transitional housing facility in Eckington. The 100 plus unit building located at the corner of 3rd and T Street has been sold to a non-profit organizaiton with plans to create a transitional housing facility for homeless and battered women.

As homeowners with a family, we am extremely worried about what this means for the saftey, well being and value of our home.

In a neighbordhood that has an over abundance of these types of facilities and an obivous lack of policing, are we left to fend for ourselves. Was this plan laid out in a public hearing that we failed to attend? We are clearly seeking answers.

We moved to Eckington 3 years ago with the hopes of building a life for our family in a neighborhood that was still affordable and on the rise. Now we are considering moving.

I would like to get feedback from other concerned residence of Eckington.

Is Harry Thomas even listening?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.