Washington DC Message Boards

WASH POST, CITY PAPER & OTHERS REPORT LOSSES

Psycho

WASH POST, CITY PAPER & OTHERS REPORT LOSSES

2932498493.jpg

The Washington Post has reported a 13 percent drop in fourth-quarter earnings and a continued loss in readership.

As a matter of fact, the Washington City Paper suffered a loss of earnings resulting in it being bought out last year as well as a 40% loss in readership.

On the same note, many local blogs like DCist has seen half of its readership drop because of poor stories written by one of its former editors Martin Austermuhle A/k/a BfranK_DC.

Why?

These publications have spent too much of their efforts trying to create the news and not just report it, and that has cost them advertisers and readers. Plus, these publications have become extremely cowardly in their reporting and have purposely sat on hot news stories so as not to embarass themselves over people they had once endorsed and praised.

I just tend to flow around. This is the second time I have come here since I have found it. This is the first time I have posted. Reading a newspaper is so yesterday. I wonder how many trees we could save if people just did not buy newspapers.

A lot of trees would be saved.

I just tend to flow around. This is the second time I have come here since I have found it. This is the first time I have posted. Reading a newspaper is so yesterday. I wonder how many trees we could save if people just did not buy newspapers.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.