Washington DC Message Boards

Obama and McCain Win The Potomac Primary

BlingBling

I just watched both winning candidates speeches tonight.

Obama came on first and was charismatic to a cheering crowd. His statement that he will not be the President that listens to Wall Street, rather he will listen to Main Street USA. That is people like you and me. He has perspective, judgement and a rare ability to challenge the status quo and bring a new light to the darkness of old divisive issues. Obama's neatest trick is to praise McCain, and then bury him. An American hero - but the wheels fell off the Straight Talk Express.

"I admired Senator McCain when he stood up and said that it offended his ‘conscience’ to support the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy in a time of war; that he couldn't support a tax cut where ‘so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate,’“ Obama said. “But somewhere along the road to the Republican nomination, the Straight Talk Express lost its wheels, because now he's all for them.”"

John McCain said the same old tired message to dazed-looking crowd of seniors. I thought his teleprompter was reflecting on his head too much. Maybe he should learn to communicate his speeches like Barack Obama. Or maybe he does not have the memory any more.

“They will promise a new approach to governing, but offer only the policies of a political orthodoxy that insists the solution to government’s failures is to simply make it bigger,” McCain said.

With all do respect I thought it was the Republicans that created a new Department of Homeland Security to make sure us Americans are on the straight and narrow path.

There was a reason why the networks put Obama on first. Given how far right the county has moved under Bush, we need someone who can return the country to a more reasonable course. The only way republicans have a chance to win is the hope that racism runs very, very deep throughout the heartland.

OBAMA 2008

Guest Chemicalkinetics

I must say I like the Obama stage. Not necessary the speech, but he spoke in the middle of a crowd surrounded by people 360 degree. You can see tons of supporters. McCain gave his speech on a one-side stage with a podium and he seems more confined and you do not get to see all the common McCain supporters. You only get to see those politicians like George Allens and John Warner in his stage, but I prefer a 360 degree stage.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.