Washington DC Message Boards

Ron Paul Carries the Reagan Mantle

Guest Pop

Ron Paul’s stance on the issues are what drew me to his cause. He is well read to which we have heard clearly in the debates. Being well educated, intelligent, experienced, and having a strong economic understanding is paramount; and he is the man. This country cannot stand with a deficit that we now have. We need to get this country running in the black moving back to a strict constitutional base.

In 1976, Ron Paul was one of only four Republican Congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for President. In tonight’s debate at the Ronald Reagan Library, Congressman Paul once again showed that he is the candidate that stands for the conservative principles of Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan.

Asked if Ronald Reagan would endorse him for President today, Ron Paul responded that he couldn't know that for certain. But Dr. Paul went on to say that he had been an early leader in supporting Ronald Reagan's election in 1976, and that Reagan had in fact endorsed him and campaigned for his election to Congress in the past.

Of Dr. Paul, Ronald Reagan once said: “Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country.”

No other presidential candidate can claim a conservative record that matches Dr. Paul’s:

Congressman Paul has never voted to raise taxes.

Congressman Paul has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

Congressman Paul has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.

Congressman Paul has never voted to raise congressional pay.

Congressman Paul has never taken a government-paid junket.

Congressman Paul supported Ronald Reagan against Gerald Ford in 1976.

In 1978 and subsequent elections, Ronald Reagan endorsed Ron Paul and supported his reelection to Congress.

• 2 months later...
Guest Natasha Altamirano

Congressman Ron Paul deserves applause for a pro-taxpayer voting record last year, according to the 362,000-member National Taxpayers Union (NTU). The nonpartisan citizen group announced that Congressman Paul was one of only a few dozen lawmakers in the House and Senate to win the 2007 “Taxpayers’ Friend Award.”

“While many Members of Congress talked about reducing the size of government last year, Congressman Ron Paul backed up those words with votes,” NTU President Duane Parde said. “This award proves that Congressman Paul is a staunch ally we can count on in our battle to restore fiscal responsibility to Washington .”

The award is presented to those Members who achieve an “A” grade in NTU’s annual Rating of Congress. The Rating, which is based on every roll call vote affecting fiscal policy, assigns a “Taxpayer Score” to each Member of Congress that indicates his or her support for reducing or controlling federal spending, taxes, debt, and regulation.

“If every Member of Congress had voted as responsibly as Congressman Paul did in 2007, Americans could have enjoyed much lower taxes and less waste in government,” Parde concluded. “Overburdened taxpayers in Texas and across the nation owe him a debt of gratitude for his hard work on their behalf. He has truly earned the title ‘Taxpayers’ Friend.’”

• 3 years later...
Guest Harley

I think Ron Paul won the debate hands down last night. He is a straight talker and is passionate about the issues. The crowd was definitely cheering him the most. Whether the media will give him air time is another story. But, I am proud of him and see he the only real chance we have against Obama.

Anyone that understands history supports Ron Paul. He is right about the true costs of war and defending borders on the other side of the globe when we should be fighting the war going on our own border.

Guest Ohio4RonPaul

Don't give up Ron. More and more people are getting your message. The rest of the pack have no idea of what is happening to this country or just do not plain care. We know you speak from the heart.

Guest Amanda

Great Clip from Jon Stewart. It really is pathetic how the media acts as if Ron Paul doesn't exist. Almost as if people prefer to pretend to ACT concerned and worried about the US. They bellow Tea Party values, but do not support someone who actually represents those values to a T.

Pathetic...

Indecision 2012 - Corn Polled Edition - Ron Paul & the Top TierEven when the media does remember Ron Paul, it's only to reassure themselves that there's no need to remember Ron Paul.

• 4 weeks later...

Ron Paul has gone too far. He states he would let a man die if he had no insurance.

No doctor I know believes this. Most I know preach the Hippocratic Oath to save lives.

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given to me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

• 4 months later...
Guest Troglodite

I cannot accept the wisdom of what would amount to a retreat to our borders and to the creation of power vacuums that would enable the expansion Russian, Chinese, and Iranian power. Such development would not be in our national interest. Furthermore, the reduction of our military to no more than is needed to defend our borders against non-existent threats of invasion (by Canada and Mexico, our only immediate neighbours) would not give us the capability to intervene abroad, if or when necessary, in defense of our interests.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.