Washington DC Message Boards

NFL STOPS HOMELESS SHELTERS AND CHURCHES FROM SHOWING SUPERBOWL

Guest LESTER

MANY PEOPLE ACCROSS THIS NATION ARE NOT GOING TO WATCH THE SUPERBOWL THIS SUNDAY. THE NFL IS NOT ALLOWING PEOPLE WITH NO TVS TO WATCH THE GAME. I THINK IT IS A DISGRACE THAT THESE OWNERS ARE ONLY ALLOWING BARS TO HAVE LARGE GROUPS OF PEOPLE WATCH THE GAME. IT IS BECAUSE THEIR ADVERTISERS CANNOT GUAGE HOW MANY VIEWERS ARE WATCHING THEIR HIGH DOLLAR COMMERCIALS. A FORMAL PROTEST IS RACING ACCROSS THE LAND. I WILL BE PART OF MANY WHO WILL NOT SUPPORT A LEAGUE OF ECONOMIC SEGREGATIONIST. THE HIGH FLUTING OWNERS CAN HAVE THEIR SUPERBOWL.

Guest BlingBling_*

How fitting is it that on February 1, 1960, four African American students sat down at this counter and tried to order lunch at the F. W. Woolworth store in Greensboro, North Carolina. In 1960, if you were an African American, you were not allowed to sit at the lunch counter. Racial inequality pervaded American life. And throughout the South, a racist legal system known as "Jim Crow" segregated people by race in restrooms, hotels, restaurants, and most other public accommodations. The NFL "No Watch" laws are basically doing the same thing. I am with you on this one. Thanks for sharing.