Washington DC Message Boards

Rudy Giuliani is Not Presidential Material

Guest Anon

Former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, the leader in national polls, has slid to 13 percent in the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. The national numbers, look at that. Rudy Giuliani is now at 20. Giuliani states he is a big believer in alternative fuels and has suggested that the U.S. take on global warming with a research drive comparable to the Apollo moon program, yet he rejects mandatory limits on emissions. Rudy has recently touted more renewable and nuclear power, but he offers no specifics.

Recently, the news media has been investigating Rudolph Giuliani's law firm's lobbying activities against the energy bill. On March 31, 2005, Giuliani joined Bracewell & Patterson as a named partner. The firm is now called Bracewell & Giuliani LLP. The firm has more than two decades of experience in government relations, media relations and policy-making.

According to Bloomberg news, Bracewell & Giuliani LLP was hired by energy giant Southern Co. to defeat the bill. Southern Co. has spent $7.26 million this year lobbying Congress, more than Exxon Mobil Corp. or General Motors Corp., according to the Washington-based Center for Responsive Politics. It hired such firms as Bracewell & Giuliani LLP, where Republican presidential front-runner Giuliani is a partner.

Wall Street Journal revealed that Giuliani Partners' (founded by Rudolph Giuliani in January 2002) contracts with the government of Qatar, Ministry of the Interior, for security advice and consulting services. Qatar U.S. ally that has a questionable track record in dealing with Al Qaeda. Giuliani Partners' contracts were overseen by Minister Abdullah bin Khalifah Al Thani, a member of Qatar's royal family. Al Thani has numerous ties to terrorist organizations, including providing safe haven to Al Qaeda leaders in the 1990s, and helping Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (who later went on to mastermind the September 11, 2001 attacks) elude capture by the FBI in 1996.

Forbes reported in November 2006 that Giuliani Partners accepted fees from penny stock firms, made alliances that have gone nowhere and formed pacts with businesses and individuals that have come under scrutiny by regulators and law enforcement officers. For instance, Giuliani Capital Advisors accepted 1.6 million warrants from Lighting Science Group at 60 cents, a fee of $150,000 and a promise to raise cash. The company went bankrupt, losing $412,000 on sales of $137,000 in the first part of 2006. Another venture CamelBak, started out under Giuliani's consulting arrangement with $31 million in sales, but was run into the ground with various missteps, including having the disgraced Bernard Kerik sit on its board. Forbes said Giuliani's most controversial deal was throwing in with a 2004 project with Applied DNA Sciences. Its backer, Richard Langley Jr. had previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud and commercial bribery in another penny stock scam.

It appears that the Americans are now taking notice that Rudolph W. Giuliani is really nothing more than a spokesman for corporate lobbyists. The red, white, and blue smokescreen is not working anymore.

While in general I find myself more a democrat, I do not believe in voting by party. Instead, I believe in voting on the issues and convictions. That is why I will cast my very first ballot for Rudolph Giuliani. While of course there are some things I do not agree with, which there will always be with a candidate, I admire Giuliani’s stand on certain issues. He voices his opinion and holds strong, making him someone that I, as an American, can trust. For my coming generation we need a strong leader who can hold the country together through conflict, which he has proven that he can do. Rudy Giuliani took a city that was in decline and considered ungovernable and reduced its violent crime, revitalized its core, dramatically lowered its taxes, cut through a welter of bureaucratic regulations, and did so in the spirit of bipartisanship which is so urgently needed in Washington today. Giuliani is the only Republican candidate for President that had the honor of working under President Reagan.

We are on the verge of transitioning generations. The baby boomers are passing the baton to those they have raised. Our values have remained, but our viewpoint has caught up to the times. Rudy gets this. The others on the Republican side don’t. Our nations problems can’t be solved by more government. Raising taxes to spend more money on failing programs does not make business sense. Problems are solved by competition. Weak systems fail and the most beneficial survive. Rudy is very clear on His positions.He is not afraid to admit a mistake and does not “dance” around answers. Giuliani has stepped down as head of his consulting firm knowing that our county needs to move forward as a leader of freedom in the world. I would be proud and honored to call him our president.

A recent quote from Rudy.

If you are looking for perfection, you are not going to find it. Not in me and not in any candidate. But if you are looking for a leader who has been tested in times of crisis. … A leader who is ready to lead right now. … A leader who has achieved results – results that some people thought were impossible – a leader who believes that there is no problem too serious for American solutions and a free, American spirit … I believe I am that leader.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.