Washington DC Message Boards

Polluted Potomac River is in Poor Shape

Guest Wes

In a report due out Tuesday, the Silver Spring-based Potomac Conservancy gives the river a grade of D+. The group's "State of the Nation's River" report reports that the Potomac is seriously polluted by contaminants that wash down from farms and fast-expanding Washington suburbs. It concludes that pollution and the discovery of more "intersex" fish - those showing elements of both genders - show that the river's recovery from pollution over the past few decades is now reversing.

• 2 months later...
Guest fisher woman

:o

In a report due out Tuesday, the Silver Spring-based Potomac Conservancy gives the river a grade of D+. The group's "State of the Nation's River" report reports that the Potomac is seriously polluted by contaminants that wash down from farms and fast-expanding Washington suburbs. It concludes that pollution and the discovery of more "intersex" fish - those showing elements of both genders - show that the river's recovery from pollution over the past few decades is now reversing.

I am quite upset on how the Potomac River has gotten so polluted.

I have heard also that there are reports that the male fish now have female reproducive organs because of birth conrol that is flushed down toilets and goes right into the Potomac. That is crazy!

It is very dissapointing to go fishing and see trash and dirty dipers, beer cans, and worm containers on the banks and rocks of the river. I hate to say it but it seems that the Spanish people think it's Mexico and can just litter and it's ok.. Well it's not ok! That is more of a reason to put someone in jail then alot of other things citizens go to jail for.

It is was a beautiful place to visit and now I find myself bringing trash bags with me to pick up everyone elses trash.

There is a reason there is no trash cans.. Duuuu!! PICK UP YOUR TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Responsible people and Keep our Country Clean...

Just do your part!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.