Washington DC Message Boards

Barrack Obama - RE: Hillary's money

Guest Sidney

Did anyone receive this email message? What does it mean? Is he really a cousin of Vice President Cheney?

Hi,

They asked me to send this note to you because I just made my first donation to the Obama campaign.

I read Barack's message about closing the gap and made up my mind to give because I believe we have to participate in the political process again. That's what this campaign is about -- regular people getting involved.

I want to see a change in politics. Barack's refusal to accept money from Washington lobbyist bigwigs appeals to me. It shows that he wants to make decisions with ordinary people in mind.

But it also means he is relying on people like us to close the gap with Hillary Clinton.

Please make a $25 donation now:

https://donate.barackobama.com/closethegap

Thank you,

Kristina Whitaker

Leawood, Kansas

----------Original message----------

Subject: Hillary's money

Hey --

Last night each of the presidential campaigns reported their third-quarter fundraising numbers.

The results are clear. We continue to build the largest grassroots movement in history, but Washington lobbyists and special interests rallied to help Hillary Clinton out-raise us for the first time.

If we want real change in this country, then we need to prove that together we are stronger than the lobbyist-driven money machine that has dominated Washington for too long.

The situation here is simple. We are $2.1 million behind. We must close that gap right now. I need you to make a donation of $25:

Hillary Clinton aggressively seeks money from Washington lobbyists and special interest PACs. She's even said that these lobbyists represent real Americans.

She's wrong.

I think it's time to turn the page on that kind of politics, and that's why I have not accepted a dime from Washington lobbyists and special interest PACs in this race. We rely on a network of more than 350,000 ordinary people to make us competitive -- more supporters than all the other Democratic candidates combined.

Washington lobbyists have chosen their candidate and are determined to provide her with an overwhelming advantage. But you can even up this contest.

In the face of the most entrenched political machine in Democratic politics, I believe a movement of ordinary Americans can change our country. And you can prove that right now.

I need you to make a donation to close the gap:

Barack

Guest human_*

Yeap! They are cousins "8th related". Which just goes to show you how diverse the Republican Party really is?

Anyhow I have already contributed to his campaign by giving him the Latino directory for the Latino vote, and this is before he voted for the illegal immigration reform bill.

Ya know him running for president was really icing on top of the cake. He IS a politician, and this is a political town.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone receive this email message? What does it mean? Is he really a cousin of Vice President Cheney?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.