Washington DC Message Boards

DC WATCH LAMBAST CHEH OPERATIVES AGAIN

DC WATCH LAMBAST

CHEH OPERATIVES AGAIN

Logotagn.gif

Gary Imhoff, publisher of DC Watch lambastes DC Councilwoman Mary M. Cheh’s operatives for bombarding him with emails insulting Jonathan R. Rees’ person but not arguing anything of merit or offering anything of substance.

This was typical of Cheh’s campaign when she attacked all of her rivals with personal insults but never attacking the merits of her opponents’ positions.

Imhoff writes:

The controversy over Jonathan Rees’ complaint about Councilmember Mary Cheh’s campaign continues in this issue, below.

I received other messages that were not for publication that castigated me for printing anything by Rees, but all of those messages were dedicated to denigrating Rees himself.

None of them said or attempted to prove that the specific charges he made were unbelievable, incredible, baseless, or frivolous; instead, they simply said I should ignore anything Rees says.

It should be obvious by now that that argument doesn’t work with me. I’m open to being convinced that Rees’ charges are wrong, that the Ward 3 Action group was nothing like a political action committee and that the Cheh campaign occupied only a part of its headquarters space, and for no longer than two months.

But convince me with the facts, not personal attacks.

Gary Imhoff

July 29th, 2007

themail@dcwatch.com

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.