Washington DC Message Boards

YES, DC COUNCILWOMAN MARY CHEH IS A RACIST

Sorry BFrank, but all of Cheh's staffers are white.

I would guess the non-white members of Cheh's staff would be rather surprised at yet another baseless claim.

B. Frank

The constituent services person doesn't seem like a caucasian woman to me.

I don't know the guy at the front reception desk, but he doesn't seem like a caucasian male.

You can't even stand up to these simple truths. How can you expect anyone to believe your tales of Dan Tangherlini wanting to hire you? I snorted my soda all over the keyboard on that one.

B. Frank

Sorry BFrank, but all of Cheh's staffers are white.

Unless there has been a change in the last two weeks, everyone found at her office was White then.

Cheh has only six staffers and help from committee staffers that other council members share and those people are not white.

Maybe you are confusing the committee staffers with her's!

The constituent services person doesn't seem like a caucasian woman to me.

I don't know the guy at the front reception desk, but he doesn't seem like a caucasian male.

You can't even stand up to these simple truths. How can you expect anyone to believe your tales of Dan Tangherlini wanting to hire you? I snorted my soda all over the keyboard on that one.

B. Frank

I think you are confusing things. Dee Williams is the Constituent Services Director for Councilmember Cheh. I knew her when she was working for Vincent Orange. Last time I saw her, she was an African American.

She has been on Cheh's staff since day 1.

B. Frank.

Unless there has been a change in the last two weeks, everyone found at her office was White then.

Cheh has only six staffers and help from committee staffers that other council members share and those people are not white.

Maybe you are confusing the committee staffers with her's!

Dee Smith is one of the "Committee Staffers" loaned to Cheh's office.

I was corrected last night.

CHEH's STAFF:

Susan Banta Chief of Staff

Bijan Bayne Special Assistant - Intern

Jeremy Faust Legislative Counsel

Talia Primor Legislative Assistant - Intern

COMMITTE STAFFERS:

Jason Juffras Committee Director

Patrick Leibach

STAFFERS ON LOAN

Dee Smith

Bfrank, Dee Smith floats around from councilmember to councilmember.

All of Cheh's paid staffers are white.

I think you are confusing things. Dee Williams is the Constituent Services Director for Councilmember Cheh. I knew her when she was working for Vincent Orange. Last time I saw her, she was an African American.

She has been on Cheh's staff since day 1.

B. Frank.

You are wrong again. I challenge anyone to simply call Cheh's office to verify, as I have this morning.

Who would she be on loan from? She used to work in Council Member Orange's office. He did not run for re-election, so she got a job with Cheh.

B. Frank

Dee Smith is one of the "Committee Staffers" loaned to Cheh's office.

I was corrected last night.

CHEH's STAFF:

Susan Banta Chief of Staff

Bijan Bayne Special Assistant - Intern

Jeremy Faust Legislative Counsel

Talia Primor Legislative Assistant - Intern

COMMITTE STAFFERS:

Jason Juffras Committee Director

Patrick Leibach

STAFFERS ON LOAN

Dee Smith

Bfrank, Dee Smith floats around from councilmember to councilmember.

All of Cheh's paid staffers are white.

Dee Williams is listed as floater and not a part of any one council members' staff.

You are wrong again. I challenge anyone to simply call Cheh's office to verify, as I have this morning.

Who would she be on loan from? She used to work in Council Member Orange's office. He did not run for re-election, so she got a job with Cheh.

B. Frank

I just spoke to the DC City Council, Personnel Office and they said that Dee Williams is not a permanent member of Mary Cheh's staff but assigned to her office temporarily

Who would she be assigned from temporarily? It is not like the Council keeps a stable of employees from which new councilmembers can choose.

You are so far off base on this, just like most of your other wild allegations.

B. Frank

I just spoke to the DC City Council, Personnel Office and they said that Dee Williams is not a permanent member of Mary Cheh's staff but assigned to her office temporarily

Bfrankdc, I don't have the foggiest idea on from whom she is being loanded out by as that concept also seems a bit weird.

Who would she be assigned from temporarily? It is not like the Council keeps a stable of employees from which new councilmembers can choose.

You are so far off base on this, just like most of your other wild allegations.

B. Frank

That, along with the fact that Ms. Smith was hired by Councilmember Cheh at the beginning of Cheh's term make your allegation of a white only staff erroneous, and the follow-on assumption of racisim offensive.

A wild goose chase, just as all of your other claims and allegations.

B. Frank

Bfrankdc, I don't have the foggiest idea on from whom she is being loanded out by as that concept also seems a bit weird.

Sorry Bfrankdc but you are in the wrong.

Cheh has four assigned, full-time staffers all whom are white just as all other council members have four staffers. All other staffers belong to set committees and float between the members of the committee.

My assertions my be a matter of technicality but as long as the DC City Council has its internal operations structured as it does, then until these staffers are listed as being employed by a set member, then they are not.

Also, many other people have come out and accused Cheh of racism is you keep up with the Post, Times nd others.

Respectfully Bfrankdc, I don't like arguing with your fat self as I do not want to be accused of giving Sidney Bfrank Greenstreet a heart attack.

That, along with the fact that Ms. Smith was hired by Councilmember Cheh at the beginning of Cheh's term make your allegation of a white only staff erroneous, and the follow-on assumption of racisim offensive.

A wild goose chase, just as all of your other claims and allegations.

B. Frank

I am tired of affirming this, but your assertion that the classification of one person on Cheh's staff as being distinct from others is simply incorrect.

Once again, and as usual, you have provided no tangible proof of your baseless allegations.

B. Frank

Sorry Bfrankdc but you are in the wrong.

Cheh has four assigned, full-time staffers all whom are white just as all other council members have four staffers. All other staffers belong to set committees and float between the members of the committee.

My assertions my be a matter of technicality but as long as the DC City Council has its internal operations structured as it does, then until these staffers are listed as being employed by a set member, then they are not.

Also, many other people have come out and accused Cheh of racism is you keep up with the Post, Times nd others.

Respectfully Bfrankdc, I don't like arguing with your fat self as I do not want to be accused of giving Sidney Bfrank Greenstreet a heart attack.

Edited by bfrankdc

Let's agree to disagree Bfrank but I did get someone in Councilman Gray's office to confirm that Cheh only has four staffers and others are committee staffers not assigned to her per se.

I am tired of affirming this, but your assertion that the classification of one person on Cheh's staff as being distinct from others is simply incorrect.

Once again, and as usual, you have provided no tangible proof of your baseless allegations.

B. Frank

Is that the same way that Dan Tangherlini hired you as well?

I go away for a few months, and return to find that you have been talking to yourself here, and spreading the same falsehoods.

B. Frank

Let's agree to disagree Bfrank but I did get someone in Councilman Gray's office to confirm that Cheh only has four staffers and others are committee staffers not assigned to her per se.

Dan Tangherlini did not hire me. The fact you think I said such shows that you don't read things thoroughly.

It seems you only come here Bfrank just to argue with me as I fail to see you post anything of benefit to readers.

Is that the same way that Dan Tangherlini hired you as well?

I go away for a few months, and return to find that you have been talking to yourself here, and spreading the same falsehoods.

B. Frank