Washington DC Message Boards

WHEN YOU DID IT TO THE LEAST OF MY BRETEHEN, YOU DID IT UNTO ME

WHEN YOU DID IT TO THE LEAST OF MY BRETEHEN, YOU DID IT UNTO ME

It is reported that out of the 560,000 residents of the District of Columbia, 86,872 require the need of food stamps to subsist. That means that 1 of every 6 District of Columbia resident needs food stamps to survive.

The Washington Post has pointed out that US Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes-Norton and DC City Council Chairman Vincent Gray are currently living on $21.00 a week food stamp allowance to see how it feels to be on food stamps.

While what they are doing sounds noble, do not expect to see any changes in the amount of food stamps anybody gets.

The number one culprit that takes food out of the mouths of our children, elderly and so on is the greedy landlords and developers who charge twice as much in rent than they need, to turn a hefty profit. It is time for a Rent Freeze or a Windfall Profit Tax on developers and landlords but with Mayor Fenty and all of the city council members having been financed in their last campaigns by developers and landlords, you cannot expect them to bite the hands that feeds them even if you cannot afford to feed your own family.

It is sort of ironic how the DC Democrats claim to care about our children, elderly and poor but they are first in line when the money is being passed around by those who are responsible in great part for the hunger and poverty that afflicts 1 of every 6 people in DC.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.