Washington DC Message Boards

Why human incarnation generally hesitant to perform miracles?

dattaswami

Why human incarnation generally hesitant to perform miracles?

It is very difficult to accept the human incarnation while alive. Only very few blessed souls who are already liberated and accompanied the Lord to help Him in His mission can recognize and serve the living human form of God. The repulsion to accept a co-human being even as a greater person is very difficult. Then you can never imagine any human being to accept another human being as greatest God. The human form of God is just similar to any human being.

If any specialty is exhibited, people fear and run away. To become close to the human beings, no specialty should be exhibited. If the closeness is achieved, the recognition is lost. To get recognition if some super natural aspect is exhibited, the closeness is lost. Between closeness and recognition, which is better to be retained at the cost of the other? The recognition destroys the freedom to discuss with the Lord and clarify the doubts.

When Krishna was looking as an ordinary human being, Arjuna bombarded Him with all questions and clarified His doubts. However, when Krishna was in the state of cosmic form (Viswarupam), Arjuna shivered with fear and no question could come out. The brain was blocked with shock and even the doubts did not arise. When the doubts remain un-cleared, the ignorance continues. Therefore closeness is better than recognition.

The husband hears the advices from the wife in close association. Therefore through closeness, even if the identification is not there, the soul can be guided into the right path through convincing the soul by preaching. Instead of convincing the soul by exhibiting the super power, which induces the conviction though fear, it is better to induce the conviction through the super talent exhibited in preaching. Even if you think of the human incarnation as a preacher (Guru), there is nothing wrong. If you do not recognize Him as God, His crown has not fallen on the ground.

I will just give an example. One woman was a very close devotee. She even used to argue and fight with Me on the points of the spiritual knowledge. One day, she quarreled with Me for not showing any divine vision. The Lord in Me gave a shocking vision of God Dattatreya. She became unconscious for one hour and even got a mild heart attack. From that day onwards, whenever she comes to Me, she is always with terrible fear. She simply accepts whatever I preach. The recognition has come but the closeness is lost.

Therefore Jesus said, “Those who believed Me without proof are really blessed”. This means that the devotees who recognized the Lord through the knowledge always have close freedom and clarify all their doubts and hence they are blessed. They gain the complete devotion. If the proof is shown, the closeness is lost and the gap appears. The doubts are not cleared due to fear. Neither the devotee nor the God enjoys the close association.

The realization will never come because the ignorance remains due to un-cleared doubts. Therefore the theoretical recognition arrived through the knowledge is always the best. The practical proof develops not only fear but also the attitude to fulfill the desires and solve the problems using the divine power. The attention is diverted from the path of realization. The real bond of love can never be formed. If the power is recognized, the whole situation is diverted. The mentality is always towards tapping the powers towards personal solutions.

The commercial bond grows. The friendship becomes more and more intensive if the qualities of the human form of God become more and more similar. I heard some people telling that Sri Satya Sai was printing notes and smuggling the foreign goods! I told them that this allegation is false in the case of Sri Satya Sai, but I told them that in future God has to come in human form with such talents also so that the smugglers approach Him closely and slowly get salvation.

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org

Universal Spirituality for World Peace

antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.