Washington DC Message Boards

DOUBLE DUTCH

DOUBLE DUTCH QUEEN

Hey there,

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that loves double dutch the way I love double dutch, even as an adult? I'm looked at myself one day and saw how much weight I've gained. I've dieted, exercised, tried to eat right but couldn't find something that worked and something that I could stick to. I loved double dutch as a kid and would like to start an ADULT work out team (25+). I actually went to a practice earlier in the year with another team located in Greenbelt, MD. There were the pros and the cons of course.

The Pros:

I jumped again; something that I hadn't done in YEARS

It's still fun no matter what age you are

I see that I CAN STILL DO THE DARN THANG

and

I know it's a great way to loose the weight

THE CONS:

ALL THE GIRLS WERE 1/2 MY AGE OR MORE AND I'M ONLY 29

I FELT OUT OF PLACE

I WAS OUT OF SHAPE

I FELT EMBARRASSED BECAUSE I WAS ONE OF TWO FEMALES BUT I WAS THE NEWEST ADULT (OUT OF 2)

NEED I SAY MORE.....

If you are interested, I would love to hear from you. Email me and let me know your thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Monica from DC

• 4 months later...
Hey there,

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that loves double dutch the way I love double dutch, even as an adult? I'm looked at myself one day and saw how much weight I've gained. I've dieted, exercised, tried to eat right but couldn't find something that worked and something that I could stick to. I loved double dutch as a kid and would like to start an ADULT work out team (25+). I actually went to a practice earlier in the year with another team located in Greenbelt, MD. There were the pros and the cons of course.

The Pros:

I jumped again; something that I hadn't done in YEARS

It's still fun no matter what age you are

I see that I CAN STILL DO THE DARN THANG

and

I know it's a great way to loose the weight

THE CONS:

ALL THE GIRLS WERE 1/2 MY AGE OR MORE AND I'M ONLY 29

I FELT OUT OF PLACE

I WAS OUT OF SHAPE

I FELT EMBARRASSED BECAUSE I WAS ONE OF TWO FEMALES BUT I WAS THE NEWEST ADULT (OUT OF 2)

NEED I SAY MORE.....

If you are interested, I would love to hear from you. Email me and let me know your thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Monica from DC

Hi Monica

Dont feel embrassed I am 31 years old and i coach a team and jump myself it fun and i still do enjoy it

peace

• 4 years later...
Guest Stephanie

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a local (DC, MC & VA) double dutch team that would like to come to my school and do a performance for our students. I have contacted the National Double Dutch League in NY but wanted to try and find a local team that maybe competes locally and nationally.

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

You can contact me at heelyeah@hotmail.com

Thanks

Stephanie

Guest DCpages Staff

Turkey Thicket Recreation Center, 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20017, near the Brookland-CUA Metro on the red line. Call (202) 576 - 9238. See if they are still having adult classes. Let us know what you find out.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Brittany

I am interested also; however I am 24 (hopes that not a problem) I reside in DC and my experience is similiar to yours; I've gained alot of weight. I love love love double dutch and was great at it as a little girl; looking to get back into it! btjones4@yahoo.com