Washington DC Message Boards

Neverwinter Nights

thearchgu

I tried out Never Winter Nights.

I played about half of the Official Campaign with mixed feelings. For starters, any time I came into an area with either NPCs or torch light, my framerate did the old Dance N Stutter, all this with all of the settings on the lowest possible; and I have a reasonably powerful PC…tons of ram, high end video card, etc. Oddly, both EverQuest and DAOC ran fine on the same machine.

I also tried out a few of the downloadable adventures. After having played on live servers, gaming along pales by comparison. Being able to interact with others is half the fun.

I was a bit disappointed with the on-line version of NWN. Most servers are either loaded with “cool dudes” or nearly empty. If you do manage to find a good server, you may find that there are very few on the server. Also, every server has its own interpretation of the rules.

NWN would probably have been much, much better as a Massively Multiple On Line Role Playing Game such as EverQuest: servers with 2000+ players on it.

• 3 months later...

NWN has released two additional expansions, Hordes of the Underdark and Shadows of Unrentide.

Both provide new feats, skills, and raise the level cap.

I feel that EverQuest2, due to be released some time during 2004's 1st quarter, will have many of NWN's features, in addition to the fact that it will be open to the general public.

I'll keep an eye on it.

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.