Washington DC Message Boards

DC City Council and 10 Committees =0

Mr. Catania, At Large

DC City Council

I tried to make contact with you via the computer data that you designed and provided to DC residents.

It came back.

I have now called your office and asked for your email address. Let me see how far I can get in contacting one of the three At Large DC City Council members.

Will your office be kind enough to keep me up to date on your activities? I ask as a concerned DC resident who is getting tired of having the news media reliably giving the general public a daily update on Anna Nicole's child, drug overdose, sexual activities etc. meanwhile the fact that every school in DC has an Honor Roll of students is being ignored while we are quickly brought up to date on the most recent shooting, stabbing and vicious fights among DC youth.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate !"

My Initial Address To You via your Computer Connection- (Rather than delivered, it came back!)

Karl Rudder

krudder222@aol.com

As an At-Large DC City Council member I refer you to google.com research service. Indicate your interest to review "Karl Rudder's History Lesson on the DC Taxicab Zone System" and have one of your staff share with me just how you will employ any of your staff or even yourself at responsibly researching and addressing the historical, social, economic or even legal facts of the very unique DC Taxicab Zone System.

Allow me to share that the extreme indifference that you and other DC City Council members have expressed towards this and other issues brings to question just why are we are wasting so much money for the operation of the DC City Council. To have the DC Public Schools receive half of the budget required to operate 5 rather than 10 DC City Council "committees" will show some responsible initiative of DC politicians.

Do you have any initiative as a DC City Council member to propose that the DC City Council start expressing an extreme sacrifice and better invest in serving the needs of the community or are you still going to remain to be one of the three very costly yet inactive At Large members of the DC City Council?

I would like to be far more aware of your address to the committee that you Chair. Your "send to" services allows me only relate to one of your listed departments.

Is it possible for a DC resident to have an exchange with you rather than merely to you? Contact me - My email address should already be available to you and my phone number is listed.

Karl Rudder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what's free at AOL.com.

-----------------

Forwarded Message:

Subj: Fwd: Committe of the Whole and 10 Committees = 0

Date: 4/10/2007 4:27:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time

To: MCheh@DCCOUNCIL.US

Dear Mary Cheh,

Your mission, should you decided to accept it, will be to impress DC residents, taxicab drivers and the many tourists to DC to be the first DC City Council member since John Wilson in 1975 who will sincerely employ themselves at trying to expose the basic, undeniable facts relating to the Congressional corruption of the DC Taxicab Industry. Mayor Fenty, Vincent Gray, Jim Graham, and all other DC City Council members will most likely continue to be deaf, dumb and blind about the undeniable legal facts of this issue and will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?a...g&blogid=12

Karl Rudder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------

Forwarded Message:

Date: 4/9/2007 8:55:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

To: vgray@dccouncil.us

"Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?"

Malcolm X

-----------------

Forwarded Message:

Date: 4/9/2007 8:53:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

To: mbarry@dccouncil.us

Mr. Barry,

The refusal on the part of Congress to fund the legislation that the DC City Council had approved and you had signed in 1996 to install meters in DC taxicabs by 1998 deserves

some manner of open discussion.

-----------------

Forwarded Message:

Date: 4/9/2007 8:17:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

To: kbrown@dccouncil.us

Mr. Brown,

I will trust that you will address the regulation of the DC Taxicab Industry very impressively in the near future. Your remaining completely divorced from ever addressing the corrupt regulation of the DC Taxicab Industry as an active DC resident deserving to be a member of the DC City Council can be accepted as an UnSolved Mystery.

Congress provided themselves the cheapest and most reliable taxicab service in downtown DC 75 years ago and your being a member of the Public Works Committee allows you a very easy means of addressing this issue. Please let me know if your other assigned duties are disallowing you to employ yourself in responsibly addressing the corrupt regulation of the DC Taxicab Industry.

-----------------

Forwarded Message:

Subj: Committe of the Whole and 10 Committees = 0

Date: 4/9/2007 8:05:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time

To: jgraham@dccouncil.us

MR. GRAHAM,

Your graduation from law school appears to have weakened your being able to relate to the fact that after hundreds of millions of dollars were used for the creation of the DC City Council that CONGRESS still wastes even more HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS that are REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN THE SENATE AND HOUSE DC APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEES. IT IS STILL CONGRESS THAT DECIDES HOW MUCH MONEY DC RESIDENTS WILL GET. Not you guys!

These following "committees" allow whoever wins an election to get lost. Kwame Brown and Mary Cheh are members of the Public Works Committee and I haven't seen either of them at the last two hearings that you held and ended up being the only DC City Council member in attendance. Despite their both being members of the Public Works Committee I've yet to receive any manner of response to my direct address to them in concern of this matter.

I think its time that DC residents get what they need rather than to allow the DC City Council to continue to waste millions of dollars in taking care of meaningless committees just like Congress told them to do.

Committee Of the Whole (COW)

Vincent C. Gray, Chairperson

All Members

Committee on Economic Development

Kwame R. Brown, Chairperson

Jack Evans

Carol Schwartz

Ward 4 Councilmember

Ward 7 Councilmember

Committee on Finance and Revenue

Jack Evans, Chairperson

David A. Catania

Marion Barry

Jim Graham

Kwame R. Brown

Committee on Health

David A. Catania, Chairperson

Phil Mendelson

Marion Barry

Harry Thomas, Jr.

Tommy Wells

Committee on Housing and Urban Affairs

Marion Barry, Chairperson Phil Mendelson

Jim Graham

Ward 4 Councilmember

Ward 7 Councilmember

Committee on Human Services Tommy Wells, Chairperson

Marion Barry

Carol Schwartz

Phil Mendelson

Harry Thomas, Jr.

Committee on Libraries, Parks and Recreation

Harry Thomas, Jr., Chairperson

Carol Schwartz

David A. Catania

Phil Mendelson

Tommy Wells

Committee on the Public Safety and Judiciary

Phil Mendelson, Chairperson Jack Evans

Mary Cheh

Ward 4 Councilmember

Ward 7 Councilmember

Committee on Public Services and Consumer Affairs

Mary Cheh, Chairperson

Jim Graham

Marion Barry

Kwame R. Brown

Tommy Wells

Committee on Public Works and the Environment

Jim Graham, Chairperson

Kwame R. Brown

Mary Cheh

Ward 4 Councilmember

Ward 7 Councilmember

Committee on Workforce Development and Government Operations

Carol Schwartz, Chairperson

Marion Barry

Kwame R. Brown

Harry Thomas, Jr.

Mary Cheh

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.