Washington DC Message Boards

THE WORST DC CITY COUNCIL TO DATE

Psycho

images.jpg

In an earlier edition of TheMail, Gary Imhoff [ http://www.dcwatch.com ] described “our” DC City Council as follows: “Under the chairmanship of Vincent Gray, this is the worst city council that the District of Columbia has ever had — and we remember the abysmal city councils of the 1970’s and 1980’s. But even in those days, when city council members were irresponsible and several of them were seriously stupid, at least they understood how to run public hearings, and they realized that public hearings were intended to give citizens of the District an opportunity to speak with their elected public servants. Their meetings maintained a certain minimum level of civility, decorum, and respect toward citizens”.

Unfortunately, if Mr. Imhoff would have taken a look at the current legislation proposed by the various members of the DC City Council 17, he would not have been so kind in his assessment of them.

Most of the pending legislation is duplicative of what is already on the books, do not need amending, is often overly intrusive into the lives of the people of the District of Columbia or is not needed at all.

If any of you had taken the time to read the long list of proposed bills at http://www.dccouncil.washington.dc.us/lims...asp?leg=checked, you would have to agree while there are a few needed bills most of which have been introduced by council members Catania, Evans and Schwartz, the overwhelming majority of these bills are unnecessary, a waste of taxpayer dollars, mind-boggling and often scary in a Draconian way.

Sadly, our DC City Council gets away with this absurdity because the average voter does not keep up with what has been proposed as law, does not understand the implications nor cares until it affects them.

Not all proposed bills are worthless but the good ones are needles in a haystack and often benefit those employed by DC Government but not by the voters of DC like the Excellence In Government Amendment Act of 2007 which Council Member Cheh introduced as such is totally uncalled for and can be used by members of the council to reward cronyism in a subtle way to agencies that do a good job of rendering favors and/or looking the other way.

Indeed, I could attack half the proposed bills as being insane but I think readers of TheMail and other list servers need to keep up with the acts of our city council as that would give us a hundred new issues to argue the pros and cons about here in TheMail and elsewhere.

Gary Imhoff has understated the reality of DC City Council 17 as they are showing their disrespect for the citizens in more ways that being rude but by cranking out poorly thought out bills that will not in their applications benefit the people of DC.

• 1 month later...

images.jpg

In an earlier edition of TheMail, Gary Imhoff [ http://www.dcwatch.com ] described “our” DC City Council as follows: “Under the chairmanship of Vincent Gray, this is the worst city council that the District of Columbia has ever had — and we remember the abysmal city councils of the 1970’s and 1980’s. But even in those days, when city council members were irresponsible and several of them were seriously stupid, at least they understood how to run public hearings, and they realized that public hearings were intended to give citizens of the District an opportunity to speak with their elected public servants. Their meetings maintained a certain minimum level of civility, decorum, and respect toward citizens”.

Unfortunately, if Mr. Imhoff would have taken a look at the current legislation proposed by the various members of the DC City Council 17, he would not have been so kind in his assessment of them.

Most of the pending legislation is duplicative of what is already on the books, do not need amending, is often overly intrusive into the lives of the people of the District of Columbia or is not needed at all.

If any of you had taken the time to read the long list of proposed bills at http://www.dccouncil.washington.dc.us/lims...asp?leg=checked, you would have to agree while there are a few needed bills most of which have been introduced by council members Catania, Evans and Schwartz, the overwhelming majority of these bills are unnecessary, a waste of taxpayer dollars, mind-boggling and often scary in a Draconian way.

Sadly, our DC City Council gets away with this absurdity because the average voter does not keep up with what has been proposed as law, does not understand the implications nor cares until it affects them.

Not all proposed bills are worthless but the good ones are needles in a haystack and often benefit those employed by DC Government but not by the voters of DC like the Excellence In Government Amendment Act of 2007 which Council Member Cheh introduced as such is totally uncalled for and can be used by members of the council to reward cronyism in a subtle way to agencies that do a good job of rendering favors and/or looking the other way.

Indeed, I could attack half the proposed bills as being insane but I think readers of TheMail and other list servers need to keep up with the acts of our city council as that would give us a hundred new issues to argue the pros and cons about here in TheMail and elsewhere.

Gary Imhoff has understated the reality of DC City Council 17 as they are showing their disrespect for the citizens in more ways that being rude but by cranking out poorly thought out bills that will not in their applications benefit the people of DC.

To Whom It May Concern,

Your criticism of the DC City Council is the only consistent element in your entire compositon.

The reader is deprived of coming to know what social, economic or political elements that you can find yourself sincerely and effectively addressing. Which means that all that talk of yours adds up to the same sum of one big O as has DC Council action in addressing one, two or maybe even just three issues.

Karl Rudder

Karl,

Again, I am not the only person and many are far more respected in DC than I who are saying the same thing.

As I said in another posting, you need to start making it a daily diet of reading all the local newspapers who are saying what I am.

Have a great tomorrow whomever you really are!

To Whom It May Concern,

Your criticism of the DC City Council is the only consistent element in your entire compositon.

The reader is deprived of coming to know what social, economic or political elements that you can find yourself sincerely and effectively addressing. Which means that all that talk of yours adds up to the same sum of one big O as has DC Council action in addressing one, two or maybe even just three issues.

Karl Rudder

Karl,

Again, I am not the only person and many are far more respected in DC than I who are saying the same thing.

As I said in another posting, you need to start making it a daily diet of reading all the local newspapers who are saying what I am.

Have a great tomorrow whomever you really are!

Slick Willie,

Allow me to start this morning and this week off by doing my best to try and help you develop your basic research skills. By your checking the "About Me" section of my Blog on "The Unchallenged DC Taxicab Zone system" you will come to know a little about me. Let me refer to the fact here and now that I am a native Washingtonian who had opportunity to attend and graduate from Joel Elias Spingarn High School in 1970 to attend and graduate from American University in 1975. Since then I have been employed by the DC Public School as a substitute and temporary teacher, served as a GED Instructor for teens at the Potomac Job Corp as well as the Cedar Knoll Correctional Facility as a GED Instructor.

My professional career was ruined in 1994 when a DC Police Officer attacked me as I was finishing a year as the Special Education Instructor at the Birdie Backus Elementary School which was very poorly reported by Ruben Castaneda of the Washington Post on 5/7/94 with a very insulting article entitiled"DC Officer Knocks Out Teacher"

I was required to dismiss two Court appointed attorneys due to their insistence that my best bet was to plea bargain. I knew that Officer Christopher Hester had no right to attack me, that I had not given the short little non-basketball playing DC police officer any reason to be mad at me other than my beating him in a one on one basketball game the previous day as we were the only ones showing up at the school gym to get ready for the upcoming staff vs students basketball game. I obtained assistance from a Professor of Law at the Georgetown University Law School and he supervised the effort of a recent law school graduate to have the Jury return a verdict of their finding me to be "Not Guilty" of Simple Assault against DC Police officer Christopher Hester.

Judge Diaz in the end unfortunately threw in his bigoted view that he was refusing to expunge my arrest record and so since that time I have been viewed as being a dangerous person who had initially been charged with the felony of assaulting a police officer which the DC gov't conveniently replaced with a misdemeanor of only a charge of "simple assault" once the DC government saw me having the confidence to dismiss two Court appointed attorneys and allow a Georgetown University Law School Professor to accept my case and allow myself my right to a trial. How do you find a Jury finding me to be Not Guilty of a fake charge yet my career was still ruined by an expression of Just Us from Judge Diaz. Please spare me any unsupported theories that I trust you have many to deliver. Any response to me that has your expressing a view of the Just us (not justice) manner of law of this country should be supported by referral to several cases.

If I had been able to have the resources to hire a skilled lawyer I would've never been denied the permanent position and further employment as a Special Education Instructor at the Birdie Backus Middle School in 1995. I had been interviewed and offered a permament position as the Special Ed. Instructor for Birdie Backus middle school. Judge Diaz ruined my career by insisting that all future employees falsely be informed that I had a violent, criminal background of being charged and tried on a charge of simple assault against a DC Police Officer. Despite my standing up to that effort by the DC Police Dept. and having a Jury finding me to be "Not Guilty" of the charge against me. Judge Diaz pulled a little trick and has been able to remove me from my career. My surviving since that time by finding other jobs has not at all kept me happy.

I will employ myself from this year on at returning to the profession of teaching. I had tried time and time again to eliminate the very restrictive results of my being able to be employed as a teacher due to the insulting decision that ruined my career in 1995 by Judge Diaz.

My ability to volunteer my service as a GED Instructor at the DC Jail as well as my growing contact with other organizations in DC will be my means of returning to my chosen profession. I have trust that in the near future you will hear of my success at inviting just a fraction of the many thousands of proud graduates of the DC Public Schools to begin to coordinate with the many other vast resources of the DC community so that we can do our best during the upcoming school year at providing quality education to our little brothers and sisters in the DC community.

I will let every student that I work with know that pointing a gun is an element of sickness and that smiling will always be the cheapest and most reliable means to improve their looks.

You may have read what I just wrote but as long as I view your opinions with a picture of your pointing a gun at me I will accept that you fail to have the slightest idea of what I meant. (In education we refer to that as "reading comprehension")

Nice to meet you Karl.

My birth name is Giovani Luchese but changed it to Jonathan Rees after immigrating to the USA.

Grew up in NYC and came to DC after completing my MBA.

I understand where you are coming from.

Possibly my postings are based upon limited or one sided research or at minimum, based upon the current matters in the media.

Slick Willie,

Allow me to start this morning and this week off by doing my best to try and help you develop your basic research skills. By your checking the "About Me" section of my Blog on "The Unchallenged DC Taxicab Zone system" you will come to know a little about me. Let me refer to the fact here and now that I am a native Washingtonian who had opportunity to attend and graduate from Joel Elias Spingarn High School in 1970 to attend and graduate from American University in 1975. Since then I have been employed by the DC Public School as a substitute and temporary teacher, served as a GED Instructor for teens at the Potomac Job Corp as well as the Cedar Knoll Correctional Facility as a GED Instructor.

My professional career was ruined in 1994 when a DC Police Officer attacked me as I was finishing a year as the Special Education Instructor at the Birdie Backus Elementary School which was very poorly reported by Ruben Castaneda of the Washington Post on 5/7/94 with a very insulting article entitiled"DC Officer Knocks Out Teacher"

I was required to dismiss two Court appointed attorneys due to their insistence that my best bet was to plea bargain. I knew that Officer Christopher Hester had no right to attack me, that I had not given the short little non-basketball playing DC police officer any reason to be mad at me other than my beating him in a one on one basketball game the previous day as we were the only ones showing up at the school gym to get ready for the upcoming staff vs students basketball game. I obtained assistance from a Professor of Law at the Georgetown University Law School and he supervised the effort of a recent law school graduate to have the Jury return a verdict of their finding me to be "Not Guilty" of Simple Assault against DC Police officer Christopher Hester.

Judge Diaz in the end unfortunately threw in his bigoted view that he was refusing to expunge my arrest record and so since that time I have been viewed as being a dangerous person who had initially been charged with the felony of assaulting a police officer which the DC gov't conveniently replaced with a misdemeanor of only a charge of "simple assault" once the DC government saw me having the confidence to dismiss two Court appointed attorneys and allow a Georgetown University Law School Professor to accept my case and allow myself my right to a trial. How do you find a Jury finding me to be Not Guilty of a fake charge yet my career was still ruined by an expression of Just Us from Judge Diaz. Please spare me any unsupported theories that I trust you have many to deliver. Any response to me that has your expressing a view of the Just us (not justice) manner of law of this country should be supported by referral to several cases.

If I had been able to have the resources to hire a skilled lawyer I would've never been denied the permanent position and further employment as a Special Education Instructor at the Birdie Backus Middle School in 1995. I had been interviewed and offered a permament position as the Special Ed. Instructor for Birdie Backus middle school. Judge Diaz ruined my career by insisting that all future employees falsely be informed that I had a violent, criminal background of being charged and tried on a charge of simple assault against a DC Police Officer. Despite my standing up to that effort by the DC Police Dept. and having a Jury finding me to be "Not Guilty" of the charge against me. Judge Diaz pulled a little trick and has been able to remove me from my career. My surviving since that time by finding other jobs has not at all kept me happy.

I will employ myself from this year on at returning to the profession of teaching. I had tried time and time again to eliminate the very restrictive results of my being able to be employed as a teacher due to the insulting decision that ruined my career in 1995 by Judge Diaz.

My ability to volunteer my service as a GED Instructor at the DC Jail as well as my growing contact with other organizations in DC will be my means of returning to my chosen profession. I have trust that in the near future you will hear of my success at inviting just a fraction of the many thousands of proud graduates of the DC Public Schools to begin to coordinate with the many other vast resources of the DC community so that we can do our best during the upcoming school year at providing quality education to our little brothers and sisters in the DC community.

I will let every student that I work with know that pointing a gun is an element of sickness and that smiling will always be the cheapest and most reliable means to improve their looks.

You may have read what I just wrote but as long as I view your opinions with a picture of your pointing a gun at me I will accept that you fail to have the slightest idea of what I meant. (In education we refer to that as "reading comprehension")

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.