Jump to content
Washington DC Message Boards

SCAM ARTISTS IN THE DC EMPLOYMENT MARKET


Psycho
 Share

Recommended Posts

SCAM ARTISTS IN THE DC EMPLOYMENT MARKET

 

 

2780892233.jpg

 

We are always hearing that DC is one of the most vibrant job markets in the country but this is patently false.

 

Outside of employment with the United States Government and the DC Government, the DC job market is not as vibrant as one might think.

 

The sad truth is, the majority of all people employed in DC are employed as part-time, seasonal, temp to hire and anything other than full time.

 

DC has the largest per capita job market where employment agencies in reality do the hiring.

 

The truth is, outside of government employment, only 27% of the work force is classified as full-time and permanent with the other 73% of the non-governmental work force in positions that are shaky at best with the legal industry having an alarmingly high turn over rate with very few ever getting one (1) year under the belt although the lawyers doing the hiring rake in $172K a year on an average.

 

Washington DC has the biggest market for employment agencies that are not geared to help people find long term and stable employment but employment that is very short termed and based upon a per project basis.

 

This ability to abuse workers in America’s so called most liberal jurisdiction is routed in the DC Labor Laws that encourage this abuse of workers. Even the more conservative Maryland and Virginia offer greater protections and job security than DC.

 

As we head into a new administration and council, both should look deeply at the laws our government previously created that allowed the exploiting of workers in DC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...