Jump to content
Washington DC Message Boards


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About primemover

  • Rank
  1. I just took this bad boy out on my XP box... the current version here appears to have morphed just a bit... none of the removal tactics I found on the net worked. It either set up folders for Search Assistant, or incorporated itself into Search Assistant folders in the registry... May seem extreme, but I deleted everything in the registry that contained a referrence to Search Assistant. ...next step. I used Hijack this to create a log... and it gave me the following. O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sp] rundll32 C:\DOCUME~1\PRIMEM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll,DllInstall It was running the se.dll in the program startup, so, by the time the browser got up and running, it was already locked in. So, I went to the Documents and Settings\username\local settings\temp (if you can't see this folder, you need to right click on "tools" and then "folder options", then select the "view" tab and put a check in the "Show Hidden Files and Folder" check box.) I found se.dll there... but you won't be able to delete it... Go to the Task Manager (cntrl-alt-del) and select the Processes tab... shut down rundll32. Go back the the temp directory and delete the se.dll file. Then use something like Hijackthis to remove the se.dll install reference from the startup. Reboot.