Washington DC Message Boards

Democrats Put Nuclear Detection On The Back Burner

Guest Human

Guest Human

"The administration has provided insufficient justification for a research and development organization to coordinate, direct, and fund research and development related to radiological and nuclear detection and has not demonstrated that the existing offices of the S&T cannot continue to perform these tasks," wrote Lieberman.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now wasn't this type of program? one of the proposals that the democrats wanted to be implemented during the campaign?

Maybe the democrats need to talk less, and act more. After all this is a sensible proposal in order to meet the growing concerns that the democrats expressed early on.

I agree with you one hundred percent. I live here in the District and hope they do set up some detection system. There were intitial rumors that a radiation detection grid was being placed around Washington. At the moment I only have seen Bio/Chemical Agent Detection Systems around major points of interest.

Every major event I worry that a terrorist attack can happen. This upcoming Fourth of July the Washington Nationals playing at RFK and several hundred thousand people will be having fun on the National Mall. What a security nightmare.

I have heard that the government is implementing a radiation detection system at major shipping ports around the country. I think this is a good first step.

Currently, cargo ship containers you can be rented by anyone. Due to the amount of containers that come into our ports every day customs only randomly checks what is in them. A friend of mine told me that after customs checks you the first time, very rarely do they check your future shipments.

How scary is that????

Guest Human

"How scary is that???? "

The Internet is more scary. I don't mean the hackers, or the Virus writers, but to the Core of what the internet is? INFORMATION.

We are all always looking for a good web site.

There are some web sites out there that I still say (why in gods name is that web site even on the net?)

It's alarming in with what's out there.

Human,

I just got married this weekend at the Jefferson Memorial. I will be going cross country for one month on my honeymoon. Hopefully the discussion boards will not be spammed to much. I have some volunteers that are going to do their best to moderate it. If you are ever interested in being a monderator let me know. I know alot of folks really appreciate the time you have taken to help out our community. Thanks and I will converse with you soon.

• 3 weeks later...

This 4th of July my wife and I ended up in Missoula, Montana. By random chance I ended up meeting former Sen. George McGovern at the Independence Day celebration at Southgate Mall. The Boy Scouts gave out 3-D glasses to watch the fireworks. The glasses really made the 30 minute firework display a memorable one.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.