DC Message Boards
Guest August

Love, Money, Religion, Marriage is an Unstable Mix

Guest August

A bad economy can make things difficult in the homefront. Right now my marriage is falling apart over the lack of money coming from my end. I am optimistic that business will get better, but I am depressed how money takes front stage over love.

Guest Patty

Yesterday was an historic day in America. This afternoon, President Obama announced his support for marriage equality for all Americans.

I am standing with the President and I hope you will, too. As a result of taking this stand, President Obama will face attacks from every corner of the Republican Party. Everyone from Mitt Romney to the tea partiers will unite behind this issue to try to end his presidency.

Why not change the legal name of marriage to "Civil Union" for both hetro and same-sex couples with all the rights and privileges of a traditional marriage to the Courts and Government and be done with this issue. Leave the name "Marriage" to be used by churches, non-profits, private organizations, and individuals for the actual event ceremony.