Washington DC Message Boards

Should Americans Pay for Abortions?

Guest Fredonia

I believe that God gave us Free Will to individually make the decision on whether to have an abortion. It is also my belief that no life should be taken. This goes for abortion, euthanasia, capital punishment as well. This is my personal decision. I cannot oppose a person's individual freedom. But, I can and do oppose a government that forces me to fund something I am against and is in no way my responsibility.

We should not be forced to give financial assistance to help pay for planning expenses of those that decide to have abortions. No organization should be entitled to public money if they do not fully educate the procedure that will end a life. Further, no individual that receives public assistance to subsidize their living expenses should be given more public money to end a life unless the conception was forced and may cause physical and mental harm.

We all should be individually responsible for our actions.

Edited by wiley

Guest Bling Bling

I think it is funny how the Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covered abortion. Now the Confederate Party is scrambling with excuses like chickens in a hen house. They make my life so easy.

How shocking BlingBling!!!! Your group holds both the House, Senate, and YET STILL your own group stripped it out of the Bill.

Blaming it on the Republicans is not going to help you any.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is funny how the Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covered abortion. Now the Confederate Party is scrambling with excuses like chickens in a hen house. They make my life so easy.

Guest American For Progress

Republican National Committee (RNC)-endorsed "death panel" myth -- based on the widely accepted practice of end-of-life counseling -- was central to the right's fear mongering against health care reform this summer. But The Progress Report found that Cigna, the RNC's health insurance provider, urges beneficiaries to think about end-of-life services and offers in-depth information on the practice on its website. "Should I stop kidney dialysis?" and "Should I stop treatment that prolongs my life?" are two of the questions that Cigna encourages people to think about. There is nothing objectionable about end-of-life planning, which has been endorsed by Democrats, Republicans like Sen. Johnny Isakson (GA), and the AARP. But the RNC put out a research document in July claiming that the government would "dictate" Americans' "end-of-life care," and RNC Chairman Michael Steele said it was "perfectly appropriate" for former Alaska governor Sarah Palin to propagate the "death panel" lie. It's unclear whether the RNC plan covers end-of-life services.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.