Washington DC Message Boards

Poll: Hillary Clinton 2008

Here is an interesting poll given by Polling Point on Hillary Clinton by

209.128.109.235 wilson.polimetrix.com

She's been a First Lady and now a Senator and possible Presidential candidate. Would you vote for Hillary Clinton? Do you think she's going to run in 2008? Do you want her to? Let your voice be heard in this short PollingPoint survey about New York Senator Hillary Clinton!

Your answers are completely confidential and will be used only for measuring public opinion. PollingPoint will never try to sell you anything or release your personal information.

Survey Topic: Hillary Clinton

Survey Length: 3-5 minutes

The following words or phrases have been used to describe Hillary Clinton. How well or not well do you think these words describe Hillary Clinton?

Relevant

Honest

A leader

Ambitious

Determined

Smart

Concerned

Clever

Devious

Hillary Clinton recently referred to any potential Bush Administration health care proposal saying, "I would sum up his message to American families in three words: 'On your own.'" Do you agree or disagree with this claim?

Strongly agree

Agree

Neither agree nor disagree

Disagree

Strongly disagree

Does Hillary Clinton make you feel ... ?

Angry

Happy

Proud

Annoyed

Afraid

Hopeful

Hillary Clinton has been suggested as a possible candidate for president. Do you think that America is ready for a female president?

Would you vote for a female presidential candidate?

Would the fact a candidate is a woman make you ...?

More likely to vote for her

Less likely to vote for her

It would not affect my likelihood of voting for her

Thinking ahead to the 2008 Presidential election are you ... ?

Certainly voting in the Democratic presidential primary

Probably voting in the Democratic presidential primary

Probably voting in the Republican presidential primary

Certainly voting in the Republican presidential primary

Probably not voting in the Democratic or Republican primary

Definitely not voting in the Democratic or Republican primary

The following is a list of candidates that you might see in the presidential primary. If the election were held today, which one would you vote for.

Joe Biden

Bill Richardson

Al Gore

John Edwards

Wesley Clark

Chuck Schumer

John Kerry

Hillary Clinton

Unsure

Are there any of the following candidates you definitely would not vote for in a primary?

Hillary Clinton

John Edwards

John Kerry

Al Gore

Chuck Schumer

Bill Richardson

Joe Biden

Wesley Clark

I could vote for any of these candidates in the primary

The following are a few sample matchups between possible Republican and Democratic nominees. If the election were held today, which of the following would you expect to vote for?

John Edwards

Mitt Romney

Unsure

I probably would not vote

John McCain

John Edwards

Unsure

John McCain

Hillary Clinton

Unsure

John Edwards

George Allen

Unsure

Sen. Clinton's primary effort as First Lady was reforming health care. How important is the issue of health care reform to you?

It is the most important issue when I vote

It is a top issue when I vote, but not my most important issue when I vote

I consider it when I vote, but not strongly

It is not important to me when I vote

So that we can understand better the above question, please check which of the following statements (if any) apply to you?

I do not have health insurance coverage

My children do not have health insurance coverage

I have a chronic condition or disability

My spouse has a chronic condition or disability

I have a disabled child

I have a child with a chronic condition (e.g., asthma)

Sen. Clinton wrote a book while First Lady called 'It Takes a Village' about parenting. Generally speaking, do you agree or disagree with Clinton's view on families?

Strongly agree

Agree

Neither agree nor disagree

Disagree

Strongly disagree

Do you have children under age 18 living at home (check all that apply)?

Yes, I have a 0-2 year old child at home

Yes, I have a 3-5 year old child at home

Yes, I have a 6-10 year old child at home

Yes, I have an 11-14 year old child at home

Yes, I have a 15-17 year old child at home

No, I do not have any children under age 18 living at home.

Are you male or female?

Male

Female

What racial or ethnic group best describes you?

White

Black or African-American

Hispanic or Latino

Asian or Asian-American

Native American

Middle Eastern

Mixed Race

Other (please specify)

What is the highest level of education you have completed?

Did not graduate from high school

High school graduate

Some college, but no degree (yet)

2-year college degree

4-year college degree

Postgraduate degree (MA, MBA, MD, JD, PhD, etc.)

What is your marital status?

Married, living with spouse

Separated

Divorced

Widowed

Single, never married

Domestic partnership

In what year were you born?

How interested are you in politics and current affairs?

Very much interested

Somewhat interested

Not much interested

Not sure

Thinking about politics these days, how would you describe your own political viewpoint?

Very liberal

Liberal

Moderate

Conservative

Very Conservative

Not sure

Are you registered to vote?

Yes

No

Don't know

Generally speaking, do you think of yourself as a ...?

Democrat

Republican

Independent

Other

Not sure

Would you call yourself a strong Democrat or not so strong Democrat?

Strong Democrat

Not so strong Democrat

What is your religious preference?

Protestant (denomination (optional)):

Catholic

Another type of Christian (denomination (optional)):

Jewish

Muslim

None

Some other religion (please specify):

How often do you attend formal religious services?

Once a week or more

A few times a month

Less than once a month

Almost never or never

Not sure

People practice their religion in different ways. Outside of attending religious services, how often do you pray?

Several times a day

Once a day

A few times a week

Once a week or less

Never

Other (please specify):

Do you consider religion to be an important part of your life, or not?

Important

Not important

Thinking about how you communicate with other people both over the phone and the Internet ...

What type of telephone service is there in your home that you could use or be reached on?

Both land-line and cell phone service

Cell phone only

Land-line only

No telephone service at home

What best describes the access you have to the Internet ...?

Broadband (includes cable or DSL) Dial-up No access

At home

At work (or school)

How frequently do you use the Internet ...?

Over an hour a day Daily, but less than an hour Weekly Occasionally Never / No access

At home

At work (or school)

We conduct polls on a variety of topics -- politics, entertainment, sports, health, food, electronics, advertising and business.

Would you like to participate in new PollingPoint polls?

Yes, please send me weekly surveys.

Yes, please send me surveys up to twice a month.

Yes, please send me surveys up to once a month.

Yes, please send me occasional surveys -- no more than four times a year.

No, thanks.

We try to target our surveys to your interests. Please indicate how much interest you have in the following survey topics:

Great interest Some interest Little/no interest

Current events and politics

Sports

Entertainment

Business and investing

Products (like cars, food, electronics)

Health and wellness

For quality purposes, how would you rate this survey experience?

Excellent

Very good

Fair

Poor

• 3 months later...
Guest Robert M. "Mike" Dunca

You'd be right to think that history is repeating itself the way Hillary Clinton is running her campaign for president.

From tapping Bill Clinton's network of political cronies to co-opting his triangulation doublespeak to questionable donations and fundraisers, Hillary is following Bill's campaign playbook to a tee.

What's most alarming is that Clinton's campaign has taken contributions from questionable sources. Hillary has already returned $1.3 million to donors since July, including $800,000 tied to former fugitive Norman Hsu. This is eerily similar to the donations the Clinton/Gore ticket received from foreign nationals.

Hillary has already raised $90 million for her campaign. She will top $100 million by the end of the year. Add in hundreds of millions more that MoveOn.org, Big Labor and other Liberal special interest allies will spend to defeat Republicans, and you can see the challenge we face in retaining the White House and regaining Congress.

Republicans have the right vision for America. Our candidates champion the principles of keeping taxes low to grow our economy, winning the War on Terror, limiting the growth of government, and reinvigorating our culture of personal responsibility. We can beat Hillary's higher taxes, government control and dependency, retreat and defeat plans if we get our message past the Liberal media filter.

Guest David_*

This race took a sharply negative turn yesterday.

With recent polls giving Barack the lead in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, and just three weeks left before the Iowa caucuses, the attacks on Barack's character that Hillary Clinton has called "the fun part" of this campaign have reached a new low.

In an increasingly desperate effort to slow Senator Clinton's slide, the focus of the Clinton campaign has moved from Barack Obama's kindergarten years to his teenage years.

On Wednesday, their top advisor in New Hampshire tried to recycle old news by smearing Barack for experimenting with drugs as a young man -- something Barack candidly wrote about years ago in his memoir and has since talked about with young people in an effort to teach them the lessons he learned from his mistakes.

The only way to stop these kinds of tired, desperate attacks is to demonstrate very clearly that they have a real cost to Senator Clinton's campaign.

These remarks crossed a line that should never be crossed in a Democratic primary. In fact, even Republicans think it's beyond the pale. When asked about this very topic recently, one of the GOP presidential frontrunners actually commended Barack's candor and honesty.

It's a sad day when a Democrat running for president takes up a line of attack that even a potential Republican opponent refuses to dignify.

Make no mistake -- this kind of attack is becoming a pattern as Clinton's support declines.

Since the last time I wrote to you about their attacks, the Clinton campaign has mailed brochures in Iowa that distort Barack's health care plan, produced negative television ads for New Hampshire, and actually sent emails asking for information that could help them smear Barack's efforts to fight poverty and joblessness as a community organizer in Chicago.

It's up to you to demonstrate to the Clinton campaign that these kinds of attacks will backfire and make us stronger.

Growing outrage at this line of attack already has the Clinton campaign backtracking in the media, but it's up to us to stop these tired, petty tactics once and for all.

Please respond and make your voice heard for a new kind of politics. Let's bring real change to America.

Guest human_*

In Hillary Clintons' campaign in attacking barack, it shows what the democrat party really thinks of the African American vote.

If the democrats win? The African American Community losses "Remember the Latino vote?".

As a republican I'm wondering if the African American Community is willing to Commit Economic as well as Political Suicide?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This race took a sharply negative turn yesterday.

With recent polls giving Barack the lead in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, and just three weeks left before the Iowa caucuses, the attacks on Barack's character that Hillary Clinton has called "the fun part" of this campaign have reached a new low.

In an increasingly desperate effort to slow Senator Clinton's slide, the focus of the Clinton campaign has moved from Barack Obama's kindergarten years to his teenage years.

On Wednesday, their top advisor in New Hampshire tried to recycle old news by smearing Barack for experimenting with drugs as a young man -- something Barack candidly wrote about years ago in his memoir and has since talked about with young people in an effort to teach them the lessons he learned from his mistakes.

The only way to stop these kinds of tired, desperate attacks is to demonstrate very clearly that they have a real cost to Senator Clinton's campaign.

These remarks crossed a line that should never be crossed in a Democratic primary. In fact, even Republicans think it's beyond the pale. When asked about this very topic recently, one of the GOP presidential frontrunners actually commended Barack's candor and honesty.

It's a sad day when a Democrat running for president takes up a line of attack that even a potential Republican opponent refuses to dignify.

Make no mistake -- this kind of attack is becoming a pattern as Clinton's support declines.

Since the last time I wrote to you about their attacks, the Clinton campaign has mailed brochures in Iowa that distort Barack's health care plan, produced negative television ads for New Hampshire, and actually sent emails asking for information that could help them smear Barack's efforts to fight poverty and joblessness as a community organizer in Chicago.

It's up to you to demonstrate to the Clinton campaign that these kinds of attacks will backfire and make us stronger.

Growing outrage at this line of attack already has the Clinton campaign backtracking in the media, but it's up to us to stop these tired, petty tactics once and for all.

Please respond and make your voice heard for a new kind of politics. Let's bring real change to America.

Guest Hillary in 2008
In Hillary Clintons' campaign in attacking barack, it shows what the democrat party really thinks of the African American vote.

If the democrats win? The African American Community losses "Remember the Latino vote?".

As a republican I'm wondering if the African American Community is willing to Commit Economic as well as Political Suicide?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is interesting to listen to Republicans call Latino people illegals. I think Hillary is the best supporter for Hispanic Americans.

Guest human_*

I am Latino, and it's only the ones that are here illegally, and you are also right; Hillary has been quietly gathering support of the very people who are in FAVOR of illegal immigration.

As well as the DNC who have been hiring folks who are ALL IN FAVOR OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

<~~~~~~~~~~ That is why I am wondering if the African American Community is willing to commit economic as well as political suicide.

The flip side is that your side thinks that it can swing the Latino vote to your side with it only costing the black community only 19 to 23% of the jobs. But that is of course if people like me do not interfere "Which is wishfull thinking on your side".

I think it is interesting to listen to Republicans call Latino people illegals. I think Hillary is the best supporter for Hispanic Americans.

Guest Robert M. "Mike" Dunca

What is most remarkable is how Hillary has spent this year fighting Republican efforts to give our intelligence services the ability to monitor terrorist calls coming into or out of the United States. In other words, the Clinton attack machine is apparently fine with listening in on phone calls if it bolsters her political ambitions -- but Hillary doesn't want to give America's intelligence agencies the ability to conduct surveillance on terrorists plotting to attack our nation.

This isn't the first time we've seen Hillary practice such craven political opportunism. She's flip-flopped on virtually every issue having to do with the War on Terror. For example, after claiming that she would 'of course' provide funding for our troops, she turned around and voted against legislation providing them the resources they need to execute their mission in the most safe and effective way possible. She more than once said that she believed it would be a mistake to set a date certain for withdrawing our troops from Iraq, but then voted to establish a timetable for surrender from this vital front in the War on Terror.

America has already seen this program and they decided to change the channel. We cannot afford four more years of the Clintons!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.