Washington DC Message Boards

Washington Post & Times Endorsements

Psycho

The Washington Post has endorsed Adrian Fenty for mayor whereas the

Washington Times has endorsed Marie Johns.

Historically, the Washington Post has the worst track record of

endorsing. Eight of the last ten endorsees lost their political

races.

Both papers agree that Linda Cropp would be the safe choice and

would keep us on track with the agenda of the Williams

administration.

My fears of a Fenty administration are:

1. Most sitting council members say they cannot work with Fenty and

that could result in the council voting down most of what Fenty

proposes;

2. Congressional leaders have little or no confidence or respect for

Fenty and would be likely to abolish "home rule" if he gets elected

and DC faces serious problems; and

3. Fenty more than any other candidate would be likely to test

Congress and risk our future for statehood, a vote in Congress and

more.

• 2 weeks later...

And yet every one of the Post's endorsed candidates in D.C. won.

The Post and other papers, of course, don't use endorsements as a prediction but rather as a recommendation.

Rees, never considered to be a serious candidate and never mentioned in a positive way in the Post, got 29 votes or 0%.

The Washington Post has endorsed Adrian Fenty for mayor whereas the

Washington Times has endorsed Marie Johns.

Historically, the Washington Post has the worst track record of

endorsing. Eight of the last ten endorsees lost their political

races.

Both papers agree that Linda Cropp would be the safe choice and

would keep us on track with the agenda of the Williams

administration.

My fears of a Fenty administration are:

1. Most sitting council members say they cannot work with Fenty and

that could result in the council voting down most of what Fenty

proposes;

2. Congressional leaders have little or no confidence or respect for

Fenty and would be likely to abolish "home rule" if he gets elected

and DC faces serious problems; and

3. Fenty more than any other candidate would be likely to test

Congress and risk our future for statehood, a vote in Congress and

more.

Last weekend, Rees asked his supporters to give their vote to either Robert Gordon or Paul Strauss to increase their chances.

Rees is probably the richest of all of the ward 3 candidates so when only putting up $500, it stands to reason it was just a game he was playing.

And yet every one of the Post's endorsed candidates in D.C. won.

The Post and other papers, of course, don't use endorsements as a prediction but rather as a recommendation.

Rees, never considered to be a serious candidate and never mentioned in a positive way in the Post, got 29 votes or 0%.

And yet, with that massive support, neither candidate made a dent in the support for Ms. Cheh.

By the way, why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

B. Frank

Last weekend, Rees asked his supporters to give their vote to either Robert Gordon or Paul Strauss to increase their chances.

Rees is probably the richest of all of the ward 3 candidates so when only putting up $500, it stands to reason it was just a game he was playing.

It was reported as a post primary matter that both Rice and Strauss had gone overboard with about 10 mailings to voters within the last week, non-stop robo-calling and this really ticked voters off.

And yet, with that massive support, neither candidate made a dent in the support for Ms. Cheh.

B. Frank

Rees, bfrank, dcvoter, If I were you guys? I would be pissed off. In this board me "human", and others are getting hit by but programs and you guys are not.

Don't you guys feel excluded???????? lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B. Frank

Bfrank, there are five of us in this office writing under the Slick Willie name. Does that explain it?

B. Frank

Sure it does.

Bfrank has multiples so why can't I?

Having multiple personalities does not count as being multiple people.

I have never posted under a different name. You have made this allegation before, and I have asked you to provide proof. To date, you have been unable to make your allegations stick.

On the other hand, I have proven time and time again that you do have a multiple alias disorder.

My claims have been independantly verified by others.

I am glad, however that you are admitting that you do post under numerous aliases. Admission is the first step to recovery.

B. Frank

Sure it does.

Bfrank has multiples so why can't I?

Wrong Bfrank...I do not have multiple alias. I have people using my computer. There is the difference. Of course, your pea brain still can't phantom this.

I have never posted under a different name. You have made this allegation before, and I have asked you to provide proof. To date, you have been unable to make your allegations stick.

On the other hand, I have proven time and time again that you do have a multiple alias disorder.

My claims have been independantly verified by others.

I am glad, however that you are admitting that you do post under numerous aliases. Admission is the first step to recovery.

B. Frank

So you have a gaggle of people at your computer at 11:00 PM, 4:15 AM and 7:00 AM?

Right.

So, where is that proof of my using multiple aliases?

B. Frank

Wrong Bfrank...I do not have multiple alias. I have people using my computer. There is the difference. Of course, your pea brain still can't phantom this.

Bfrank,

If I had more than one ISP as you do, I too coukld post under different screen name and show up under different IP addresses. It is the older trick in the book except the underwear you have had one for years.

So you have a gaggle of people at your computer at 11:00 PM, 4:15 AM and 7:00 AM?

Right.

So, where is that proof of my using multiple aliases?

B. Frank

Except I have never done as you suggest, however your posts here over the past 9 months have demonstrated your acute knowledge of same.

Once again, please provide proof as you allege, that I have used multiple aliases and multiple IP addresses.

You can't, because it has never happened.

On the other hand, there is demonstrable and irrefutable evidence of your propensity for this silly behavior. Not so bad if you are in sixth grade, really bad if you hold yourself out to be a public figure.

B. Frank

Bfrank,

If I had more than one ISP as you do, I too coukld post under different screen name and show up under different IP addresses. It is the older trick in the book except the underwear you have had one for years.

Bfrankdc,

Why is it that the way you phrase things is identical to Neo Nazi Martin Austermuhle?

Read this hack > http://crackcity.blogspot.com/2006/09/meet-bloggers.html

Except I have never done as you suggest, however your posts here over the past 9 months have demonstrated your acute knowledge of same.

Once again, please provide proof as you allege, that I have used multiple aliases and multiple IP addresses.

You can't, because it has never happened.

On the other hand, there is demonstrable and irrefutable evidence of your propensity for this silly behavior. Not so bad if you are in sixth grade, really bad if you hold yourself out to be a public figure.

B. Frank

Maybe it is beacuse I use standard, proper English, to express myself?

B. Frank

Bfrankdc,

Why is it that the way you phrase things is identical to Neo Nazi Martin Austermuhle?

Read this hack > http://crackcity.blogspot.com/2006/09/meet-bloggers.html

Bfrankdc,

You are petty. Get a job and maybe you would not be online so much.

B. Frank

We all know that Rees is the queen of multiple identities and claiming that others are doing just exactly what he is doing.

It has all been Rees all along.

B. Frank

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.