Washington DC Message Boards

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

Guest LAW

Like many of you, I also received this card without requesting it. Also, as many of you stated, the card did not have a VISA or MasterCard logo. Although VISA, Mastercards and Discover cards have 16 digit account numbers, they always begin with a 4, 5, or 6. This scam card began with a 7. Even though I did not activate the card, I did file a complaint with the USPS inspector. I also tried calling the toll free number from a pay phone to see if I could get a human...IMPOSSIBLE. If you want to get back at this company, call the toll free number from a pay phone. Just dial the number, you don't have to deposit coins or pay. If they receive a call via a pay phone, their telco carrier charges them a premium of about 30 or 40 cents per call. Imagine if they received a million calls from a pay phone.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man oh man am i pissed! so we recieve this card in the mail right, and it said that we are APPROVED for a 6,500 credit limit. so were like OMG you know, our credit sucks. so now my boyfriend is on the phone with there company right now, and there making up some sorry ass excues to make him keep the card, but after reading all the complaints and everything that random people around the usa are posting, im like this ***brown trout*** is fake. i hope we find a way to bring this company down, beCause if i never looked it up on the enternet, i would have been more in debt that i already am.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jennifer vazquez
:ph34r: I just received this card, It is a bunh of bull, They dont even have a Cataloge to use the 6500 on, They just want you two actavite the card for they can make 200.00 Off you.. Cut the card up adn its in the trash... I also Called the BBB. You should do the same, If you get this card...

I just recieved the card also they debited $200 from my account is there a # to call how do I get my money back??

Guest diva style

My mother recieved the same letter and she did not request the card. I called the 1-800 number and it does not let you speak with a representative. Sounds fishy to me.. We trashed the card.

P.S. I read on another website that monies were also taken out of some peoples checking account.

Guest laboy70460
:ph34r: Yeah, i didn't read about the card before i made it active but canceled it as soon as possible and i got a confirmation letter and stuff saying that my account has been canceled! Now i know to read about these things first!!! I just thought at first i had a real credit card with 8,500 dollers on it till after i went through the process and found out all the fees and that it was for a dumb catolog and i never got the catolog but i got the stupid cards!! SCREW THAT STUPID RIP OFF CARD!!!!

what phone number did u use to cancel this acct.

thanks pple for saving me from unwanted debt

i received it yesterday on the mail.I saw $6500 credit and was very excited. I was just about to activate it when i saw this forum,i immediately dropped it and was jumping for joy. thank God i didnt hav to activate the dumb card..but how the hell did they get my information...this is definitely a scam...

Any other person who sees this card at his doorstep shld just shred it and throw it into the trash can cos its UTTER GARBAGE

Guest WENDY WENDY WENDY

WELL YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ THIS ONE. YOU WILL GET A KICK OUT OF IT!!! MY SISTER IN LAW CAME OVER TODAY. SHE HAD JUST CAME FROM THE CAR MECHANICS AND HAD A HARD TIME PAYING FOR HER BILL WITH THE "NEW CREDIT CARD" SHE RECIEVED. SHE SAID SHE ACTIVATED IT AND ALL YET, IT DIDN'T WORK. I LOOKED AT HER AND SAID LET ME SEE "THIS CARD". I ASKED FOR THE LETTER IT CAME WITH AND JUST AS I SUSPECTED, NO VISA, MASTERCARD OR DISCOVER LOGO. I LOOKED UP AT HER AND SAID..."YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT?" I EXPLAINED THAT IT WASN'T THE KIND OF CREDIT CARD SHE THOUGHT IT WAS AND SHE NEEDED TO CANCEL QUICKLY. MY BRILLIANT SISTER IN LAW HAD GIVEN THEM HER SOCIAL, ADDRESS, EMPLOYMENT INFO AND EVEN HER CHECKING ACCOUNT INFO. ALTHOUGH SHE CALLED TO TRY TO CANCEL NO ONE WOULD PICK UP THE PHONE. I ADVISED THIS WIZ OF A NUTCASE TO CANCEL HER BANK ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY AND WORRY ABOUT THE REST LATER.

I'M STILL LAUGHING THINKING ABOUT THE LOOK IN THE MECHANICS FACE WHEN SHE HANDED HIM THIS, LOL, CREDIT CARD!!!

MY ADVISE TO MOST, DON'T BELIEVE IN ALL YOU'RE JUNK MAIL, NOT EVERONE HAS PERFECT CREDIT, IF YOU NEED IT THAT BAD AND IT COMES THAT EASY... THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG, MY SECOND ADVISE TO YOU IS, IF YOU HAVE A SISTER IN LAW WHOM CHOOSES TO FALL INTO THESE HORRIFYING I LOVE LUCY SCHEEMS, GRAB YOU'RE BROTHER AND RUN.

Guest Shekinah

So glad I thought I smelled something fishy here and looked into it before calling. I am now printing the USPS Mail Fraud Report so I can fill it out, and file a report on these SCAMMERS!! They are preying on people with below average credit who already have enough problems, Thank You Very Much.

so i thought i was getting a REAL credit card... i activated my card then went online to do some reserch (should have reserched first) called imidetly to CANCEL it took over an hour to cancel and speaking with 3-4 supervisors... and them telling me all the same stuff... all i kept saying when they would ask me questions was I JUST WANT TO CANCEL ohh then big suprize let me transfer you to my supervisor... i finnaly got someone on the line that canceled and gave me a conf code.. also if you have to cancel make sure you get the rep mane and id number!!!

JUST RECIEVED THIS CARD. DID YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE CALLED ME TOO. ANY THING THATS ASKS FOR A BANK ACCOUNT CHECK INTO IT OR AT THAT HAS A P.O.BOX FOR ITS ADRESS. SOMEBODY WHO HAS BEEN SCAMMED NEEDS TO HAVE A SAD STORY OF HOW THEY EPTIED YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND TAKE IT TO THE NEWS. NATIONAL T.V SO THAT PERSON CAN PREVENT EVERYBODY FROM GETTING SCREWED. FEEL BAD FOR ALL THE OVERWHEMLED PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THEY ACTUALLY HAD THAT MUCH OF A CREDIT LIMIT. I KNEW I COULDNT HAVE THAT MUCH BECAUSE MY CREDIT SUX. SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING PLZ LOOK INTO SCAMS BE-4 YOU BELIEVE THEM

i just called to activate the card and when they asked for my bank account # i refused to give it to them

Today I received a card in the mail from First National Card for my son who is 14. This is an actual card with a credit limit of $6500, with a cash-on-demand feature and approved for CCA catalog shopping.

How did these people get my information and is this a scam?

Their letter states they are from:

CCA

Credit Card Services Division

P.O. Box 46101, Las Vegas, NV

89114-6101

800-277-7056

I tried to call them and clarify the letter. It is an automated telephone response that does not allow you to speak to anyone.

I just got one of these in the mail today, exact same $6500.00 credit limit. I was curious who this CCA Catalog is for and what they sell before signing up for this and I discovered the Consumer Affairs website with a string of messages about this card that you may find useful.

Consumer Affairs info on this scam

I am glad that I did not call in to authorize this card as this is a complete scam! Imaging how many people pay the $200 authorization fee and how rich some jerk gets from this.

-Bill in CA

i got the same card. i don't even remember applying for it. this is a scam........there's no number on the paper or card, except the one to activate it. how do i cancel this crap. damn, how the hell did these **to perform an anatomical sexual impossibility**ers get my informations.

Guest christian

the same thing happened to me! but they already took th emoney out of my bank! and i tried to get money out of the atm and thw would not go in! i dont know what to do now!

I was so surprised when I received a letter, saying that I am approved for $6,500. Even though I am young and not that familiar with credit card services and building a credit history, I thought it is suspicious that they say they charge a total of $400 for an activation fee and membership fee. I dialed the number on the letter - 1-(800)-277-7056 but no matter what option I chose, I was never redirected to a customer service representative. I didn't activate it because it seemed weird and too expensive. Now, after reading all the comments above, I am so glad I didn't. I cut it and threw it away. I advice everybody to do the same. This is a scam!!

Guest Angelia

thank you for letting ,me know about this scam i really can't afford such a thing i recieved a letter also numerours of times from these people i understand peopleneed a job to make a living but there has to be some other way besides scaming people it is scarry enough thank you but no thanks be blessed B) florida girl!

Guest Emerald20061

I received this card just yesterday in the mail. I was extremely excited because I needed the limit. But just now I looked online for information about it and I find out its a scam. I havent told my husband about it yet but its a good thing I looked the info up about it or I would be way in debt and my husband would kill me for it. I just called my bank just now and they are putting a stop to the info I sent in to the company. I also had to change my account number to my bank so if you have activated your card call your bank immediately and tell them you need to change your account number quick. Also when that catalog gets to your house either rip it up and trash it or use the card still and get some free stuff lmao Just kidding on that last part. But Throw that s**t in the trash!! And change your information!!!

Guest Ricardo
:o I received one CCA card but, I was very suspicious about this because ,I didn't found another telephone number or web site for more information about the financial company which sent that card. CCA is a fraud.

I recieved this card today and I am only 18, no credit or anything yet. So I did some research and confirmed that this is a fraud, how they got my name I have no idea. SHRED EVERYTHING!!!!! THIS IS A SCAM

The best way to get rid of these type of Scam companies is to spread the word. I have received at least 4 cards from this company over the past 4 years and each time the CREDIT limit is increased. Credit Limit used loosely. I cut up the card each time and I suggest everyone does the same.

My rule of thumb......if I didn't apply or ask for it then I don't need it. I mean come on, $8,000.00 limit with no annual interest. I want want ever their on!

If this was for real don't you think the would send a catalog along with the card? Kinda make ya go HUM.... Aloha