Washington DC Message Boards

First National Card - Cca Credit Service Division

Guest LAW

I just got one of these in the mail. Ive been slowly building my credit report... have opened 5 cards in the last 2 years after a ch7 bk. I ALWAYS read the fine print. The thing that made me VERY suspicious about this card was there was NO Interest rate, thats interesting and the fact that theres no VISA or MASTERCARD logo on the card. Uh hello? And look on the back. Does any other CC look like that on the back? I think not.....

They prey on people with poor credit. They assume if you have poor credit you are stupid enough to not notice these small details. Not to mention all the fees. Ive never seen so many fees in my life!

And a 30% down payment? What credit card makes you pay 30% down on purchases? LOL...

Honestly - if you were dumb enough to activate this card and give your bank account information you deserve the hassle of cancelling it. Take is as a good lesson learned and pay better attention next time.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stephen

Hi all , yes i got one of these cards to but i knew it must of been a scam cos ive only been living in the USA for a year now and knew that my credit limit wouldnt never be that good to get a card like this . me and my wife just laught at it and destroyed the card and letter no way were we activating it . How ever i would love to know how they got my information in the first place .

i received the card in the mail twice. this time i was wondering why i hadn't received a catalogue so i got on the internet. i am so thankful for this site. after reading all the blogs i am shredding the card

READ THE FINE PRINT, PEOPLE.

NEVER activate a random card you did not order and receive in the mail. If you read the back of the letter (I received one, also), the conditions of this so-called "credit card" is that there is no interest rate...do you know why? Because when you call to "activate" this fraudulent piece of crap, it debits your checking account TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS.

Anyone who activates a card they receive in the mail without reading the entire letter attached to the card probably deserves to be scammed.

Guest Jessenia

Today, I received a letter from CCA offering me $6,500 I thought it was pretty weird since how are they going to approved me that amount of money without my consent and I dont know anything about them. At first I though it was a credit card since they try to make you think it is but it does not even have a visa or mastercard logo. I tried to call them to see how they got my info and I only got a machine. I think someone should do something about this scammers.

got this card today went to activate it got all the way through the automated voice thing then talked to a operator and she was begging me for my cheaking account number so finally i just hung up and then seen his page im so happy i didnt give them my number!

BEWARE

I just got home and found this "offer" in my mail. For one very brief moment I was quite excited!. Did I seriously just score a credit card with a $6500 limit!!?? Then I noticed something that struck me as peculiar... There is no visa or mastercard symbol on this card. Making it now obvious that THIS IS NOT A CREDIT CARD!!! and if you read further into the fine print this is actually a "merchant card" that can only be used to by products from The CCA Catalog Shopping Club.....

I could tell this was a "scam" the moment I saw the card out of the envelope... I am here to share my concern for fraud. It seems as though anyone that gets their hands on this card can just activate it under whatever name is on the card.. this company is jepordizing our credit!!

P.S. If it seems to good to be true...... that's cause it is!!

I did the prompts they asked me up until they wanted my electronic signature code...I did not give them. It sounded to good to be true. I didn't give them my check information either. Thank God !!!

Guest Loretta

I recieved the fraudulent card on 11-3-07. I knew it was fake from the minute i seen it. First of all is was not backed by a ligitimate creditor such as Visa, Master Card, Discover etc.. and the cards account number starts with 7. A real card would begin with a 4, 5 sometimes 3. So those were my first discoveries. Then I looked for a three digit security code on back of the card and as expected "there was not one. " Another thing that puzzled me was the fact that I never heard of a merchant or catalog by the name of CCA. that is when I looked it up on the internet and found nothing "ligit" about the entire thing. All I found was a whole bunch of people that were getting scamed also. My advice

"CHOP IT UP". These guys are losers and I wish there was an actual human to talk to when you call their automated line.

Loretta

South Beloit, Illinois

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JESSICA

I GOT THIS STUPID CARD IN THE MAIL ALSO BUT THIS IS MY SECOND ONE IN 4 MONTHS THE FIRST ONE I THREW AWAY BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS WEIRD WHEN I CALLED IT AND I DIDNT RECIEVE A REAL PERSON TO SPEAK TO AND I DIDNT APPLY FOR ANY SUCH CARD I LOOKED ON THE PAPER TO SEE IF I COULD FIND A WEB SITE TO GO ON BUT AGAIN NOTHING OF THE SUCH IM GOING TO SEND THE LETTER TO THIS ADDRESS THAT I FOUND! IM GLAD I TOOK THE TIME TO SEARCH GOOGLE FOR THIS DUMB COMPANY I HOPE THEY GET IN TROUBLE FOR FRAUD!

Guest guest_Jay1122

Very un-cool, I did all the activation, Still have no catalog, I can';t call them to cancel... all the numbers wont work... I'm quite scared. What can I do!?!?!!?!? somebody please e-mail me...Oh man!!! One-Wheel_Drive@hotmail.com

Ok im glad you guys were all smart enough to check on this card first, im really happy for you all. But I DIDNT. call me stupid or what but i called the number entered the card number hoping to get an operator to find at more information and then BANG i was activated and about to be charged yearly bills that i cannot afford. I love how everyone on this board keeps comparing their stories but im the only one who activated it so therefore if anyone can help me out on what to do next or who to contact being there is no operator on the other end of teh number they gave me that would be greatly appreciated i came to thsi board to get some help on what to do next not to congratulate all you smart people who knew better then to activate this fraud.

This this is a fraud account they can bill you all you want that doesnt mean you pay them anything! what are they going to do? Send you to collections? Then get your lawyer involved... This would never hold up in court

Guest Mary Lor , MN

OMG! I'm glad i came to check this out!! i thought it sounded fishy! and i don't ever remember applying to get this! how the heck did these people find out about me??? I'm going to get rid of this ASAP!

Guest anderson

I keep getting calls from this company (CCA) telling me that they have a personal business matter with me. I have never heard of them before. I have not recieved a card from them or a letter. I am assuming they are trying to collect money that I don't owe them.

Guest david_*

Someone mentioned the connection with Dell and I think they are correct. I just made my first purchase with Dell and a few weeks later received this scam card. I will be contacting Dell about this!!

If that's how Dell wants to do business with me, they won't get anymore!!!

:P

Hi my name is Bently,

I along with my best friend recieved these letters in the mail advertising 6,500. Now being that it's christmas we both applied for it cause we thought hey people will love us if we get them a big screen tv! when i called i got a live person but she wasn't really alive she was more like a robot. She wouldn't even tell me a cancelation fee! Anywas got my cards in the mail and ran to best buy like i was on fire. Call me stupid but I went and got together a nice little 5,500 dollar sale and went straight to a private cashier for big spenders like me. When i handed them the card they slid it and it didn't go through. Couldn't type it in either. So i put everything on hold and called the number on the back of the card. It said they were closed. 3 pm in the morning and they were closed. It was if i had sent a telepathic message to my friend because two second later he called me tell me my exact same story. Anyways logged online and found out it was a scam. We had a laugh about it and decided that this little scam wasn't going to get us down. So we called this number 1800 279 6989. And we were placing bets to see who would get through first. Well we both did. I got this weird talking girl and he got this major p.m.s man if you can believe that. like crazy they gave us offers which would keep us on the card and it was hilarious cause say you wanted to keep the card you could call to cancel and get your activation fee waved. (don't do it) they tried getting personal with me. And i didn't tell them anything. not how i was emberrassed at best buy or how i had to call in sick to do this hour long process. Anyways. if you keep on saying no but listen cause they can say do you not want to cancel this card. lol. just be extremely polite and say no thank you your so kind but no. be real patient don't get mad they'll transfer you to the soupervisor. Once you get to the soupervisor he'll offer an extraordinary deal that you know is a scam and you don't even bother paying attention you just cancel it. So. After talking on the phone i got my merchant card to be canceled. And i though wait their is still the cash on demand! I figure it got canceled as well but i'm going to go ahead and call just to make sure. oh and there is noooo way i'm keeping the same bank i already do. cause you know these scam artist they're crazy like that. So speaking in voice of bently and lincoln I wish you good luck. have the patience to talk on the phone with them and change your banking account. thats what i'm doin'

Guest Butterfly

I got one of those in the mail two days ago. There was just one too many suspicous things in that letter: the stamp on the envelope was one of hem. No credit card business put real stamp on their envelopes. Then the card itself--it just did not look right. I decided to do research on line, and thank God I did!!!!

PLEASE IF YOU GET THAT CARD IN THE MAIL-- CUT IT UP AND THROW IT AWAY!!!!

I'm so glad to have read your comments. I JUST received this "scam" card and was about to activate it. I wanted to @ least browse the "alleged" CCA Catalog to see what I'd be able to purchase. This CCA card is a total scam! DO NOT ACTIVATE!!!!

Guest SiiMPLy M3

:angry: these people are definately a ripoff! i called just to see what it would say. i put in a couple different numbers that was on the card to see what it would direct me to. then it asked me if i had a active checking account in "GOOD STANDING" why would they need to know that. so I had clicked 9 for no and they gave me a different number to call with the same offers except the $200 in credit vouchers. they are a bunch of scam artist trying to rip us off for our money! they sent it to my old address that i moved from 4 years ago?? i thought it was kind of odd. i would have remembered if i applyed for something like this expecially if it requires me to pay $200 through my bank.. yea right! they aint gettin none of my money! they can KISS MY ASS!

Guest SiiMPLy M3

these people are definately a ripoff! i called just to see what it would say. i put in a couple different numbers that was on the card to see what it would direct me to. then it asked me if i had a active checking account in "GOOD STANDING" why would they need to know that. so I had clicked 9 for no and they gave me a different number to call with the same offers except the $200 in credit vouchers. they are a bunch of scam artist trying to rip us off for our money! they sent it to my old address that i moved from 4 years ago?? i thought it was kind of odd. i would have remembered if i applyed for something like this expecially if it requires me to pay $200 through my bank.. yea right! they aint gettin none of my money! they can KISS MY ASS![

Hey a friend I have is new here and he signed up for this card...after a while he realized he needed to cancel it before he was charged. so he totally changed his bank account. Two months later he gets this bill in the mail for about $600. I called for him to talk to somebody, in which it took an hour to get them on the phone and was extremely rude. I finally got to writing a letter and they canceled it for him. He now owes them the $600 and they said he could just pay it in any kind of payment he can. Since they have his SSN, would it matter if he just ignored this bill? Would it ruin his credit?

If you have received this letter please send it to:

CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS SERVICE CENTER

ATTN: MAIL FRAUD

222 S. RIVERSIDE PLAZA STE 1250

CHICAGO IL 60606-6100

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud...udComplaint.htm

Fill out the form and get these jerks PO Box Removed from USPS

i just got one of these in the mail the other day, and its december 2007.. this is still going on?

well.. anyways, im not sending this to any address, just for them to get the number and approval id and burn it up!..

but besides that..

im gonna cut mine up also!, thanks alot everyone