Washington DC Message Boards

Islam - three reasons

eninn

Had reached the flag that obesity is a health point of imbalance in the metabolism and this is due to the accumulation of grease or endocrine disorder, And genetics is not a big role in obesity, as some believe has been confirmed by scientific research that obesity dire consequences on the human body has issued an insurance company American statistics it was decided that the longer the lines Belly Ring shortened lines of old men who are over the vicinity of their stomachs over the vicinity of their hearts are dying by more.

As research has proven also that diabetes affects the obese more often than normal and that obesity affect the organs of the body especially the heart, where resolved fats replace some heart muscle cells, which directly affects the function and sincerity of the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him when he warned of obesity and satiety He said: (House of stomach disease) and warned that research of the use of drugs to reduce the weight of what caused the damage and noted that the optimal treatment and prevention of obesity.

He said prophet Mohammed peace be upon him (what a human and a bowl filled with evil than his stomach, according to the son of Adam a few mouthfuls, the actor had to be third for his food and one-third for drink and one third for himself (To breathe)) and saying (House of stomach disease).

Including what ordered by God Almighty not excessive eating and follow the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him to eat and talk explained that we are dealing with, The application of the verse: ((31) O children of Adam, take your adornment at every masjid, and eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He likes not those who commit excess.) Al-custom: 31 and this has already Islam of modern science for more than four centuries to the importance of balance in eating and drinking and warned of the dangers of excess in which on human health ,Protection of the digestive systemsaid peace be upon him (the root of all disease Burda) Burda: Glut:This talk is a milestone in the health of the digestive system, and thus protect the whole body of the poisoning of self that arises from (satiety) and the filling of the stomach and loaded up their energy from food heavy, and eat food again before the digestion of food first, which happens indigestion and fermentation, And thus become an acute inflammatory contagious as a result of chronic endemic disease germs in the intestines that sends toxins into the circulation, to affect the nervous system and respiratory system, urinary system and the kidney and other vital organs from the body, which causes disruption of its functions. Hence, the medical miracle possible to reach the root cause of each disease is excessive eating that is causing the glut lead to many diseases as revealed by modern medical research

Thank you for sharing

Thank you

Islam teaches us many etiquette's of eating and drinking. The Prophet (PBUH) made a point of developing remarkably clean and healthy eating habits among his followers. He asked the companions to wash their hands before and after, to start eating with the praise of Allah, to eat using the right hand, not to eat until they really felt hungry, not to eat and drink excessively. Finally, by praising and thanking Allah for the food and drink, for making it easy to swallow and for producing an exit for it. Eating, like any other act of a Muslim, is a matter of worship when performed according to the Islamic guidelines.

The following are SOME of the many food habits that had been practiced and performed by the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him):

(1) Never Criticize Any Food: Food should not be criticized for any reason, despite personal disliking. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never criticized any food that was offered to him.

"The Prophet (PBUH) never criticized any food (he was invited to) but he used to eat it if he liked the food, and leave it if he disliked it." - Sahih Bukhari

(2) Supplication Before Each Meal: Since eating, like any other act of a Muslim, is a matter of worship, it begins with the name of Allah. Muslims are to start their eating by making the following supplication:

"O Allah! Bless the food You have bestowed upon us and protect us from the torment of hell. In the name of Allah we start. "(OR AT LEAST SAY .. Bismillah) - An-Nasa'i

This may be the reason why my friend says he is full and does not eat all the dishes I prepare for him wink.png

Can you tell me whether Mohammed believed there were demons that influence eating too much food.

the prophet mohamed peace be upon him, made the overeating as the disbelievers' habits in order to get the people away from it. He, peace be upon him, said: (the disbeliever eats in seven intestines and the believer eats in one intestine) (Al Bukhari and Muslim). The prophet seemed to guide to lower food intake as much as possible in a hidden way (1: 7 parts). And in deed the avid person can eat food seven folds greater than what his body needs!

Non-Muslim does not mention the name of God before eating

Satan partnering with the infidel in food

so there is a difference

but

This is actually happening

Morning prayers and then leisurely breakfast

This excellence for Muslims

Supplication Before Each Meal: Since eating, like any other act of a Muslim, is a matter of worship, it begins with the name of Allah. Muslims are to start their eating by making the following supplication:

"O Allah! Bless the food You have bestowed upon us and protect us from the torment of hell. In the name of Allah we start. "(OR AT LEAST SAY .. Bismillah) - An-Nasa'i

Supplication After Each Meal: After completing the meal, Muslims praise and thank Allah for the blessing that He bestowed upon them. After finishing their meal, Muslims say the following supplication:

"Praise be to Allah the One Who gave us the food and the drinks. Praise be to Him Who made us Muslims. "(OR AT LEAST SAY .. Al-Humdullilah) - Tirmidhi & Abu Dawud

Hi Enin,

I think it is important to be thankful for our food.

Our family says this before our meal.

Bless us, Oh Lord,

and these thy gifts which

we are about to receive from thy bounty,

through Christ, Our Lord.

Amen.

A famous scientist warned that the cancer incidence is increasing all over the world in a dangerous way on humanity comparing to the climate change phenomenon.

Professor Michael Marmout, the teacher of Epidemiology and Public Health at the University of London, verified that the prevalent obesity disease is a major causing factor of cancer incidence.

The study concentrates on the cases of weight gain and obesity which results in the incidence of about 14 thousand cases of cancer in Britain every year. It is also showed that third of these cancer cases is coming from diet and lack of exercise. Experts advice people to be slim and avoid having too much fast foods, red mead, preserved meat, bacon, gammon in addition to alcohol.

Cancer causes seven million people to die all over the world yearly according to the latest estimates of the World Cancer Research Fund, and it is expected to increase to more than ten million by 2020. This crisis requires immediate action as the numbers are threatening all over the world and cancer is considered the second causing factor of Death in Britain after Heart Diseases.

In the other hand, a study in the last issue of "the epidemic of cancer" magazine revealed that obesity doubles the incidence probability of bone marrow and blood cancer in old ladies, this study was conducted by a research team from Minnesota University in the US .

(3) Supplication After Each Meal: After completing the meal, Muslims praise and thank Allah for the blessing that He bestowed upon them. After finishing their meal, Muslims say the following supplication:

"Praise be to Allah the One Who gave us the food and the drinks. Praise be to Him Who made us Muslims. "(OR AT LEAST SAY .. Al-Humdullilah) - Tirmidhi & Abu Dawud

(4) Eating Less: One of the main principles of good health is a balanced diet. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) emphasized the habit of eating less as a method of preventing sickness and disease. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:

"Nothing is worse than a person who fills his stomach. It should be enough for the son of Adam to have a few bites to satisfy his hunger. If he wishes more, it should be: One-third for his food, one-third for his liquids, and one-third for his breath. "- Tirmidhi & Ibn Majah

I would agree that the portion amounts are important. Also, I would agree with abstaining from greasy foods. But, I think processed food and corn syrup sweets are bad as well.

Do Muslims follow the Torah?

we muslims believe in the messages that Moses and Jesus brought and you will find the 10 commandements in our Quran, not all in one list, but in parts here and there.. the same moral laws still apply.. .. what was good for the jews and christians from God are still valid for muslims.. God doesnt change his mind...

All the prophets Muslim

The Ten Commandments

(Exodus 12: 1-17 & Deuteronomy 5: 6-21)

Confirmation in the Quran

(Chapter: Verse)

1. Thou shall not take any

God except one God.

1. There is no God except

one God (47:19)

2. Thou shall make no

image of God.

2. There is nothing whatsoever

like unto Him (42:11)

3. Thou shall not use

God's name in vain.

3. Make not God's name an

excuse to your oaths (2:224)

4. Thou shall honor thy

mother and father.

4. Be kind to your parents if one

or both of them attain old age in thy

life, say not a word of contempt nor

repel them but address them in

terms of honor. (17:23)

5. Thou shall not steal.

5. As for the thief, male or female, cut off

his or her hands, but those who repent

After a crime and reform shall be

forgiven by God for God is forgiving

and kind. (5:38 - 39)

6. Thou shall not lie or give

false testimony.

6. They invoke a curse of God if

they lie. (24:7) Hide not the

testimony (2:283)

7. Thou shall not kill.

7. If anyone has killed one person it is as

if he had killed the whole mankind (5:32)

8. Thou shall not commit adultery.

8. Do not come near adultery. It is an

indecent deed and a way for other

evils. (17:32)

9. Thou shall not covet thy neighbors

wife or possessions.

9, Do good to your parents, relatives and

neighbors. (4:36) Saying of the Prophet

Muhammad (P) "One of the greatest sins

is to have illicit sex with your neighbors wife".

10. Thou shall keep the Sabbath holy.

10. When the call for the Friday Prayer is

made, hasten to the remembrance of

God and leave off your business. (62:9)

Hi Eninn,

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to share with us. I was reading a verse from the Surat At-Tawbah (The Repentance)

9:30

The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah."

The Old Testament says Ezra was a scribe born from natural parents. I do not understand this quote. I do understand the quote about Jesus being the Son of our blessed God.

Ezra

7:1 Now after these things had happened, during the reign of King Artaxerxes of Persia, Ezra came up from Babylon. Ezra was the son of Seraiah, who was the son of Azariah, who was the son of Hilkiah,

7:2 who was the son of Shallum, who was the son of Zadok, who was the son of Ahitub,

7:3 who was the son of Amariah, who was the son of Azariah, who was the son of Meraioth, 7:4 who was the son of Zerahiah, who was the son of Uzzi, who was the son of Bukki,

7:5 who was the son of Abishua, who was the son of Phinehas, who was the son of Eleazar, who was the son of Aaron the chief priest.

7:6 This Ezra is the one who came up from Babylon. He was a scribe who was skilled in the law of Moses which the Lord God of Israel had given.

Peace be with you.

{And the Jews say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allâh, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allâh. That is a saying from their mouths. They imitate the saying of the disbelievers of old. Allâh's Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth!} [9:30].

They have taken their rabbis and their monks as gods beside Allah, and also (they have taken) MasiH the son of Maryam (as god). And they were not commanded but to worship only One God. There is no god but He. Pure is He from what they associate with Him.

and to warn those who have said that Allah has had a son, while they have no knowledge about it, nor had their fathers. Grave is the word that comes out of their mouths. They say nothing but lie. (Verse 18:4-5)

Was He a Prophet?

It is well known that 'Uzair was one of the Prophets sent to the Children of Israel; he came during the interval between Dawud and Sulaiman, and Zakariya and Yahya. At his time, none from among the Children of Israel happened to memorize the Torah, Allah the Almighty inspired him to commit it to his heart and then he recited it to the Children of Israel. Wahb Ibn Munabih said: Allah the Almighty ordered an Angel to descend with light to throw on 'Uzair .In doing this, he copied the Torah letter by letter till he was finished.

Uzair was a wise, pious worshipper. One day, he went out to look after some of his properties, when he finished he passed by a ruined place where he was scorched by the blazing sun. So, he entered that ruined place riding on his donkey. He got off the donkey holding two baskets, one full of figs and the other full of grapes. He sat down and brought out a bowl in which he squeezed the grapes and soaked the dried bread he had therein. He ate thereof and then slept on his back, relying his two legs against a wall and started to gaze at the ceiling of the house. He saw some decomposed bones and said: {Oh! How will Allah ever bring it to life after its death?} He did not doubt Allah's Omnipotence to do this, but he said it in exclamation. Upon this, Allah the Almighty sent the Angel of Death who seized his soul, and thus Allah caused him to die for a hundred years. And, after one hundred years, Allah the Almighty sent to him an Angel who first created his heart to make him heedful, then, he created his two eyes to enable him to see and realize how Allah the Almighty revive the death. Then, the Angel continued to complete his creation once more

The Angel said: {Nay, you have remained (dead) for a hundred years, look at your food and your drink} i.e. the dried bread and the squeezed grapes that did not alter or turn bad, {they show no change} , and the grapes and the figs did not change as well. As if he began to deny the matter by his heart, the Angel said: do you deny what I have said? {and look at your donkey!} he looked at his donkey and found his bones to be decomposed and became totally ruined. The Angel called upon the donkey's bones and they answered his call and gathered together from all directions till he was made one whole again –while 'Uzair was looking ­and he clothed them with flesh, skin and hair. Then, the Angel breathed life into it and it roused erecting his ears and head towards the sky thinking the Last Hour had come. That was stated in His Saying: {and look at your donkey! And thus We have made of you a sign for the people. Look at the bones, how We bring them together and clothe them with flesh}. And {When this was clearly shown to him, he said, I know (now) that Allah is Able to do all things} .Then, he rode on his donkey back to his village where he seemed unfamiliar to the people and the people looked unfamiliar to him. Even, he did not find his own house

easily. When he reached the house, he found a crippled blind old woman at the age of one hundred twenty years old. She was a maid owned by him in the past and he left her while she was only twenty years old. He asked her saying: is this the house of 'Uzair? She said: Yes, it is. She wept and said: Today, no one ever remembers `Uzair. He told her that he was 'Uzair and Allah the Almighty caused me to die for one hundred years then He gave me life again. She said: Glory is to be to Allah! We lost 'Uzair one hundred years ago and never heard anything about him. He said: Verily, I am 'Uzair. She said: 'Uzair was a man whose supplications were acceptable by Allah the Almighty, so invoke Allah to return my sight to me to look at you, so if you were 'Uzair, I would certainly know you. Consequently, he invoked Allah the Almighty, then, he wiped over her eyes and they were recovered and took her by the hand and said: Stand up by the Leave of Allah!

Peace be with you Ennin,

I am sorry, but I do not understand. My question is why do Islamic people think that Jews worship Ezra as the Son of God? There is no mention of this in any of their writings. So where did this idea originate?

I sometimes wonder if divisions are created between religions due to misunderstandings of word definitions. Sometimes they are difficult or impossible to translate. I am a Hispanic American Catholic that is devoted to better understanding faith. I have many Islamic friends and only ask this question in respect.

What is your interpretation of Psalm 8?

First, here is the Christian version

8:1 a psalm of David.

O Lord, our Lord,

how magnificent is your reputation throughout the earth!

You reveal your majesty in the heavens above!

8:2 From the mouths of children and nursing babies

you have ordained praise on account of your adversaries,

so that you might put an end to the vindictive enemy.

8:3 When I look up at the heavens, which your fingers made,

and see the moon and the stars, which you set in place,

8:4 Of what importance is the human race, that you should notice them?

Of what importance is mankind, that you should pay attention to them,

8:5 and make them a little less than the heavenly beings?

You grant mankind honor and majesty;

8:6 you appoint them to rule over your creation;

you have placed everything under their authority,

8:7 including all the sheep and cattle,

as well as the wild animals,

8:8 the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea

and everything that moves through the currents of the seas.

8:9 O Lord, our Lord,

how magnificent is your reputation throughout the earth!

The translation of the Hebrew “son of man” is replaced with "mankind" and refers to mortal human beings.

Now look at the Hebrew version.

Tehillim - 8

1. To the conductor, on the gittith, a song of David.

2. O Lord, our Master, how mighty is Your name in all the earth, for which You should bestow Your majesty upon the heavens.

3. Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings You have established strength because of Your adversaries, in order to put an end to enemy and avenger.

4. When I see Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and stars that You have established,

ה. מָה אֱנוֹשׁ כִּי תִזְכְּרֶנּוּ וּבֶן אָדָם כִּי תִפְקְדֶנּוּ:

5. what is man that You should remember him, and the son of man that You should be mindful of him?

ו. וַתְּחַסְּרֵהוּ מְעַט מֵאֱלֹהִים וְכָבוֹד וְהָדָר

תְּעַטְּרֵהוּ:

6. Yet You have made him slightly less than the angels, and You have crowned him with glory and majesty.

7. You give him dominion over the work of Your hands; You have placed everything beneath his feet.

8. Flocks and cattle, all of them, and also the beasts of the field;

9. the birds of the sky and the fish of the sea, he traverses the ways of the seas.

10. O Lord, our Master, how mighty is Your name in all the earth!

Our Blessed Creator completes David's Song

Hebrews 2

2:5 For he did not put the world to come, about which we are speaking, under the control of angels.

2:6 Instead someone testified somewhere:

What is man that you think of him or the son of man that you care for him?

2:7 You made him lower than the angels for a little while.

You crowned him with glory and honor.

2:8 You put all things under his control.”

For when he put all things under his control, he left nothing outside of his control. At present we do not yet see all things under his control,

2:9 but we see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by God’s grace he would experience death on behalf of everyone.

2:10 For it was fitting for him, for whom and through whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

2:11 For indeed he who makes holy and those being made holy all have the same origin, and so he is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters,

2:12 saying, “I will proclaim your name to my brothers; in the midst of the assembly I will praise you.”

2:13 Again he says, “I will be confident in him,” and again, “Here I am, with the children God has given me.

2:14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, he likewise shared in their humanity, so that through death he could destroy he one who holds the power of death (that is, the devil),

2:15 and set free those who were held in slavery all their lives by their fear of death.

2:16 For surely his concern is not for angels, but he is concerned for Abraham’s descendants.

2:17 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers and sisters in every respect, so that he could become a merciful and faithful high priest in things relating to God, to make atonement for the sins of the people.

2:18 For since he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted.

God crowned Jesus with glory and honor because He sacrificed his life and experienced death to atone for our sins and conquer Lucifer's grasp on mankind.

Regrettably

Distortion of the heavenly books (the Torah and the Gospel)

This led to dissent and disagreement

And create a new teachings do not relate with the true teachings

Drinking blood, pork and drinking alcohol, adultery, lying, so on

Muslims can not be just like Christians or Jews

And invent a religion interpolated

Appropriate to the whims of personal

//////////////

(5) Eating Slowly: Eating slowly is recommended for health. Slow eating reduces the consumption of food, as it postpones much of the meal to a time when the absorption of nutrients begin to produce physiological signals of satiety. Slow eating helps in chewing the food well. This results in the exercise of the jaws and mixing of the saliva with food. Hence, efficient digestion takes place because the food particles are cut into smaller pieces, not requiring as much churning in the stomach or intestine. (Less Heartburn)

(6) Moderation: The religion of Islam laid down the basis of dietary regulations as well as the limits within which Islam teaches man to enjoy the pleasures of life, including food, in a moderate way, not becoming a slave to his desires and not losing sight of his ultimate spiritual goal. A Muslim is advised to avoid extremes and to choose a moderate course in all his affairs, including his eating habits

Regrettably

Distortion of the heavenly books (the Torah and the Gospel)

This led to dissent and disagreement

And create a new teachings do not relate with the true teachings

Drinking blood, pork and drinking alcohol, adultery, lying, so on

Muslims can not be just like Christians or Jews

And invent a religion interpolated

Appropriate to the whims of personal

//////////////

I am trying to understand the truth and gave you a question. Why do Muslims believe Jews think Ezra is the Son of God?

I thought you would be able to share the error of my misunderstanding. Maybe you are like me and do not know the answer to 9:30. Or maybe that you do not want discuss 9:30:

9:30

The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah."

I will do my best to find the truth to that statement and share it with you.

You post a video in a language that unfortunately I cannot understand.

Also, can you elaborate on who drinks blood? Adultery and lying are against our beliefs. But, as you know we are not God, so there are some who transgress in all religions. So you believe the words of the Torah are not True? And the words of the Gospel are not true? Or are you stating the words of the Torah and Gospel are true, but Christian and Jewish interpretation of them are distorted?

Peace be with you.

Yusuf Estes, the speaker in your video, mentioned Dr. Bart D. Ehrman statement that the Torah and Gospels have been forged. I just posted a message to him.

Dr. Ehrman what are your thoughts of Jesus in the Qur'an? Thanks for your reply in advance.

https://www.facebook...uthorBartEhrman

I am sure Yusuf Estes would not have cited Dr. Ehrman if he listened to his statement on the Qur'an?

The Truth as I see it was that the Torah, Gospels, and Qur'an were orally transmitted before they were written down in text.

From what I read first Qur'an was canonized by Uthman ibn Affan around 653-656 AD. That is 40 to 46 years after Gabriel came to the Prophet Mohammed reciting to him the first verses of the Sura Iqra (al-`Alaq). The Prophet Mohammed died in 632. At the very least the Qur'an was orally transmitted for 21-26 years.

This is third time I have asked this question. Why do Muslims believe Jews think Ezra is the Son of God? I understand it is a tough question, but I am looking for a specific answer. Not a link to a video. Just your thoughts.

Peace be with you.

Facts About the Qur'an

\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Why do Muslims believe Jews think Ezra is the Son of God?

1 == because God told so in the Quran

Muslims believe in the words of God

2 == Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him and Jesus, peace be upon him and the prophet Ezra, peace be upon him

Them miracles

From God

But

the Jews say Ezra, the Son of God,

Christians said Jesus Christ, the Son of God

God has cursed them

The truth the prophets from Adam, peace be upon him Muhammad, peace be upon him ring the prophets, messengers of God

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

(7) Sharing: Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), demonstrated to his followers the pleasures of sharing as opposed to over-indulgence in the good things of life. The sharing of food with neighbors, relatives, friends, the needy, and the destitute is emphasized. Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying: "He is not a believer who eats to his fill but his neighbor goes without food." Sahih Bukhari.

Prophet Muhammad elaborated on the duty of the Muslim to suppress greed, especially in eating. This appears in a very specific situation reported by Ibn Umar, in which the Prophet (PBUH) prohibited anyone taking two dates together before asking permission from his companions (Sahih Bukhari).

From what I am reading Abū Muḥammad ʿAlī ibn Aḥmad ibn Saʿīd ibn Ḥazm considered that the Surat At-Tawbah (The Repentance) 9:30 to not be referencing all Jews, but rather a Saduqiyya (Sadducees) Jews which are found in the Yemen, Syria, and Byzantine territory during the time of peace be upon him Muhammad.

Kitāb al-Fiṣal I. 99

You may want to research this to confirm what I am stating. If true, then that would explain alot.

During the time of peace be upon him Jesus, the three major Jewish sects were the Sadducees, Pharisees, and Essenes.

Jesus revealed God's judgment on Israel, and predicted the destruction of the Temple, the of the age of the Old Covenant, and the birth of a New Age of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 23

23:37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those who are sent to you! How often I have longed to gather your children together as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you would have none of it!

23:38 Look, your house is left to you desolate!

23:39 For I tell you, you will not see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord!’”

24:1 Now as Jesus was going out of the temple courts and walking away, his disciples came to show him the temple buildings.

24:2 And he said to them, “Do you see all these things? I tell you the truth, not one stone will be left on another. All will be torn down!

24:3 As he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples came to him privately and said, “Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

24:4 Jesus answered them, “Watch out that no one misleads you.

24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will mislead many.

24:6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Make sure that you are not alarmed, for this must happen, but the end is still to come.

24:7 For nation will rise up in arms against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

24:8 All these things are the beginning of birth pains.

Arch_of_Titus_Menorah.jpg

Pharisees were members of one of the most important and influential religious and political parties of Jewish theocracy. But, the Pharisees were not respected by Sadducee priests who considered themselves to be divinely guided and maintained and performed sacrifices at the Temple in Jerusalem.. The religious beliefs and social status of both Pharisees and Sadducees were mutually reinforcing, as the Priesthood often represented the highest class in Judean society.

The conflicted and cooperative relationship of the Shia and Sunni in Islam would be similar to the Pharisee and Sadducee teachings of Yahweh.

If one takes away the aspect of divinity, the Sadducees and Pharisees would be similar to the Democrat (Liberal) and Republican (Conservative) parties of today in the United States.

The Pharisees, meaning "set apart", were at various times a political party, a social movement, and a school of thought among Jews during the Second Temple period beginning under the Hasmonean dynasty (140–37 BCE) in the wake of the Maccabean Revolt.

Conflicts between the Pharisees and the Sadducees took place in the context of much broader and longstanding social and religious conflicts among Jews dating back to the Babylonian captivity and exacerbated by the Roman conquest.

One conflict was class, between the wealthy and the poor, as the Sadducees included mainly the priestly and aristocratic families.

Another conflict was cultural, between those who favored Hellenization and those who resisted it.

A third was juridico-religious, between those who emphasized the importance of the Second Temple, and those who emphasized the importance of other Mosaic laws and prophetic values.

A fourth, specifically religious, involved different interpretations of the Torah and how to apply it to current Jewish life, with the Sadducees recognizing only the Written Torah and rejecting doctrines such as the Oral Torah and the Resurrection of the Dead.

Josephus (37 – c. A.D. 100), himself a Pharisee, claimed that the Pharisees received the backing and goodwill of the common people, apparently in contrast to the more elite Sadducees.

Pharisees claimed prophetic or Mosaic authority for their interpretation of Jewish laws, while the Sadducees represented the authority of the priestly privileges and prerogatives established since the days of Solomon, when Zadok, their ancestor, officiated as High Priest.

After the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 CE Pharisaic beliefs became the basis for Rabbinic Judaism, which ultimately produced the normative traditional Judaism which is the basis for all contemporary forms of Judaism except for Karaism.

After the destruction of the Temple, only two "Judaisms" survived: the Pharisees and the Nazarenes. In Yahweh, the followers of the Pharisaic halacha (Jewish Law, literally "The Way To Walk") gathered under the leadership of Yokhahan Ben-Zakkai and reorganized the Sanhedrin. In Yerushalayim (Jerusalem), the followers of the Nazarene halacha gathered under the leadership of Simeon, who replaced Ya’acov HaTzaddik ("James the Just"), brother of Yahshua, in 63 CE.

Pharisaic beliefs became the liturgical and ritualistic basis for Rabbinic Judaism, which ultimately produced the normative traditional Judaism which is the basis for all contemporary forms of Judaism except for Karaite Judaism. The Rabbis avoided the term "Pharisee," perhaps because it was a term more often used by non-Pharisees, but also because the term was explicitly sectarian. The Rabbis claimed leadership over all Jews, and added to the Amidah the birkat haMinim, a prayer which in part exclaims, "Praised are You O Lord, who breaks enemies and defeats the arrogant," and which is understood as a rejection of sectarians and sectarianism. This shift by no means resolved conflicts over the interpretation of the Torah; rather, it relocated debates between sects to debates within Rabbinic Judaism. The Pharisaic commitment to scholarly debate as a value in and of itself, rather than merely a byproduct of sectarianism, emerged as a defining feature of Rabbinic Judaism. Thus, as the Pharisees argued that all Israel should act as priests, the Rabbis argued that all Israel should act as rabbis: "The rabbis furthermore want to transform the entire Jewish community into an academy where the whole Torah is studied and kept .... redemption depends on the "rabbinization" of all Israel, that is, upon the attainment of all Jewry of a full and complete embodiment of revelation or Torah, thus achieving a perfect replica of heaven.

The word in modern Hebrew for 'Christians' remains "Notzrim". he name non-believing Jews gave to Jewish believers (In Jesus the Messiah) was "Notzrim" (singular Notzri) or "Natzratim" ("Nazarenes"), that is, followers of the man from Natzeret ("Nazareth"), the town where Jesus lived most of his life.

Ever watch Bassem Youssef?

http://youtu.be/F2QIN56MWgY

He hosts Al Bernameg the Arabic version of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

These two comedians should get together and solve Jewish Islamic problems.

Your scared of us. We are scared of you - Bassem Youssef

(8) Eating Together: Eating with others bring about harmony and understanding among people. People are usually more relaxed when eating in company, this is one reason why families should always try to eat Together, not to mention this is the Sunnah of our Beloved Prophet (PBUH) Your mind is less absorbed in your daily activities and are free of worries. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) brought the attention of Muslims to the importance of eating together (Note: 'Eating together' here does not imply mixed eating by males and females at parties or banquets):

"Eat together and not separately, for the blessing is associated with the company." - Ibn Majah It was also reported that he said, "I do not eat reclining." Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5083.

He used to eat using the first three fingers (of his right hand), which is the best way of eating. See: Zaad al-Ma'aad, 220-222. And Allah knows best.

The Prophet's guidance regarding diet: The Prophet (PBUH) used to know what he was eating. He used to eat what was good for him. He used to eat enough to keep him going, but no so much as to make him fat. Ibn 'Umar narrated that the Prophet (PBUH) said: "The believer eats in one stomach whilst the kaafir eats in seven." Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5081) and Muslim (2060).

He taught his ummah something to protect them from diseases caused by eating and drinking. He said: "The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink and one third with air. "Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1381), Ibn Maajah (3349); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (2265). And Allah knows best.

From all that has been mentioned, the importance of healthy eating, a balanced diet and hygiene can be understood in the light of the Qur'an and Sunnah. Islam has stressed on the importance of these things right from the start unlike health authorities etc., Which have just recently begun to stress its importance. This could be counted as just another gem that manifests the perfection of Islam.

I have not had the chance to watch the whole video. But, it seems that the policy of Israel is considered the politics for all Jewish people around the world. That is not the case. I have heard the Nazi comparisons before.

Sheikh Ahmad Kutty has said verse 9:30 referred to a specific group of Jews who called Ezra "the son of God". If his statement is true, it goes what I have thought all along.

I think the truth may be found in the writing

Babylonian Talmud: Tractate Baba Bathra

Baba Bathra 14b

Who wrote the Scriptures? — Moses wrote his own book and the portion of Balaam and Job. Joshua wrote the book which bears his name and [the last] eight verses of the Pentateuch. Samuel wrote the book which bears his name and the Book of Judges and Ruth. David wrote the Book of Psalms, including in it the work of the elders, namely, Adam, Melchizedek, Abraham, Moses, Heman, Yeduthun, Asaph,

Folio 15a

and the three sons of Korah.1 Jeremiah wrote the book which bears his name, the Book of Kings, and Lamentations. Hezekiah and his colleagues wrote (Mnemonic YMSHK) Isaiah, Proverbs, the Song of Songs and Ecclesiastes. The Men of the Great Assembly wrote (Mnemonic KNDG)5 Ezekiel, the Twelve Minor Prophets, Daniel and the Scroll of Esther. Ezra wrote the book that bears his name and the genealogies of the Book of Chronicles up to his own time. This confirms the opinion of Rab, since Rab Judah has said in the name of Rab: Ezra did not leave Babylon to go up to Eretz Yisrael until he had written his own genealogy. Who then finished it [the Book of Chronicles]? — Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah.

Rabbi Ezra the Scribe rewrote the Old Testament in the Assyrian script. Artaxerxes gave him authority, in the first place, to organize the colony in Judea and institute a regular government, according to the laws of the Hebrew people.

Ezra 7

7:1 Now after these things had happened, during the reign of King Artaxerxes of Persia, Ezra came up from Babylon. Ezra was the son of Seraiah, who was the son of Azariah, who was the son of Hilkiah,

7:2 who was the son of Shallum, who was the son of Zadok, who was the son of Ahitub,

7:3 who was the son of Amariah, who was the son of Azariah, who was the son of Meraioth, 7:4 who was the son of Zerahiah, who was the son of Uzzi, who was the son of Bukki,

7:5 who was the son of Abishua, who was the son of Phinehas, who was the son of Eleazar, who was the son of Aaron the chief priest.

7:6 This Ezra is the one who came up from Babylon. He was a scribe who was skilled in the law of Moses which the Lord God of Israel had given. The king supplied him with everything he requested, for the hand of the Lord his God was on him.

7:7 In the seventh year of King Artaxerxes, Ezra brought up to Jerusalem some of the Israelites and some of the priests, the Levites, the attendants, the gatekeepers, and the temple servants.

7:8 He entered Jerusalem in the fifth month of the seventh year of the king.

7:9 On the first day of the first month he had determined to make the ascent from Babylon, and on the first day of the fifth month he arrived at Jerusalem, for the good hand of his God was on him.

7:10 Now Ezra had dedicated himself to the study of the law of the Lord, to its observance, and to teaching its statutes and judgments in Israel.

THE VERY REV. THE CHIEF RABBI

Dr J. H. HERTZ

At the re-establishment of the Jewish Commonwealth, Ezra the Sofer, or Scribe, in the year 444 B.C.E. formally proclaimed the Torah the civil and religious law of the new Commonwealth. He brought with him all the oral traditions that were taught in the Exile, and he dealt with the new issues that confronted the struggling community in that same spirit which had created the synagogue. His successors, called after him Soferim (Scribes’), otherwise known as the ‘Men of the Great Assembly’, continued his work. Their teachings and ordinances received the sanction of popular practice, and came to be looked upon as halachah, literally, ‘the trodden path’, the clear religious guidance to the Israelite in the way he should go.

When the Men of the Great Assembly were no more, the Sanhedrin of Jerusalem took their place. The delight of all those generations was in the Law of the Lord, and in His Law did they meditate day and night. When their exposition followed the verses of Scripture, it was called Midrash; and when such exposition followed the various precepts, it was known as Mishnah. Academies arose for systematic cultivation of this New Learning, as well as for the assiduous gathering of the oral traditions current from times immemorial concerning the proper observance of the commandments of the Torah. This movement for the intensive study of Scripture did not pass unchallenged. The aristocratic and official element of the population — later known as the Sadducees — unhesitatingly declared every law that was not specifically written in the Torah to be a dangerous and reprehensible innovation. The opposition of the Sadducees only gave an additional impetus to the spread of the Oral Law by the Scribes, later known as the Pharisees.

What they sought was the full and inexhaustible revelation which God had made. The knowledge of the contents of that revelation, they held, was to be found in the first Instance in the Written Text of the Pentateuch; but the revelation, the real Torah, was the meaning of that Written Text, the Divine thought therein disclosed, as unfolded in ever greater richness of detail by successive generations of devoted teachers. ‘Apart from the direct intercourse of prayer,’ says Herford, ‘the study of Torah was the way of closest approach to God; it might be called the Pharisaic form of the Beatific Vision. To study Torah was to think God’s thoughts after Him, as Kepler said.’

Life of Prophet Uzair (Ezra) according to Quranic narrations

http://youtu.be/1wHTbAQWdYk

Obesity costs America 147 billion Dollars

American researchers said that spent money on obesity related diseases comprises 10% of the total medical expenses in the US, which is equal to 147 billion Dollars a year. According to a study published in the Health Avenue Magazine, the total expenditure on obesity related issues had doubled in less than 10 years.

Dr. Thomas Freden, the director of the US centers for Disease Control and Prevention, says that it is very important to have effective actions immediately to decrease the enormous burden on the country resulting from obesity. More than 26% of Americans are considered obese meaning that they have Body Mass Index 30 or more (Body Mass Index BMI is measured by weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters).

Obesity is a major cause of cancer

A famous scientist warned that the cancer incidence is increasing all over the world in a dangerous way on humanity comparing to the climate change phenomenon.

Professor Michael Marmout, the teacher of Epidemiology and Public Health at the University of London, verified that the prevalent obesity disease is a major causing factor of cancer incidence.

The study concentrates on the cases of weight gain and obesity which results in the incidence of about 14 thousand cases of cancer in Britain every year. It is also showed that third of these cancer cases is coming from diet and lack of exercise. Experts advice people to be slim and avoid having too much fast foods, red mead, preserved meat, bacon, gammon in addition to alcohol.

Cancer causes seven million people to die all over the world yearly according to the latest estimates of the World Cancer Research Fund, and it is expected to increase to more than ten million by 2020. This crisis requires immediate action as the numbers are threatening all over the world and cancer is considered the second causing factor of Death in Britain after Heart Diseases.

In the other hand, a study in the last issue of "the epidemic of cancer" magazine revealed that obesity doubles the incidence probability of bone marrow and blood cancer in old ladies, this study was conducted by a research team from Minnesota University in the US .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se3f8W2XLjc

Are you a member of the Wahhabism movement? If so, then is it true that the movement rejects Islamic scholarship? And scholars like Sheikh Ahmad Kutty should not be listened to?

It is my understanding that Wahhabis have great influence on Muslim culture and thinking and control Mecca and Medina. Would you agree?

Here is more I found out about Ezra. I never realized that he rewrote the Torah.

Babylonian Talmud: Tractate Sanhedrin

Sanhedrin 21b

Mar Zutra or, as some say, Mar 'Ukba said: Originally the Torah was given to Israel in Hebrew characters and in the sacred [Hebrew] language; later, in the times of Ezra, the Torah was given in Ashshurith script and Aramaic language. [Finally], they selected for Israel the Ashshurith script and Hebrew language, leaving the Hebrew characters and Aramaic language for the hedyototh. Who are meant by the 'hedyototh'?

R. Hisda answers: The Cutheans.

And what is meant by Hebrew characters?

R. Hisda said:

The libuna'ah script.

It has been taught: R. Jose said: Had Moses not preceded him, Ezra would have been worthy of receiving the Torah for Israel. Of Moses it is written, And Moses went up unto God, and of Ezra it is written, He, Ezra, went up from Babylon. As the going up of the former refers to the [receiving of the] Law, so does the going up of the latter. Concerning Moses, it is stated:

And the Lord commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments; and concerning Ezra, it is stated: For Ezra had prepared his heart to expound the law of the Lord [his God] to do it and to teach Israel statutes and judgments. And even though the Torah was not given through him, its writing was changed through him, as it is written:

On a deeper level does Islam recognize Cyrus as a prophet? In this passage God refers Cyrus as His anointed (Heb. mashiah), a title normally reserved for Israel’s prophets, priests, and kings

Isaiah 44

44:24 This is what the Lord, your protector, says,

the one who formed you in the womb:

“I am the Lord, who made everything,

who alone stretched out the sky,

who fashioned the earth all by myself,

44:25 who frustrates the omens of the empty talkers

and humiliates the omen readers,

who overturns the counsel of the wise men

and makes their advice seem foolish,

44:26 who fulfills the oracles of his prophetic servants

and brings to pass the announcements of his messengers,

who says about Jerusalem, ‘She will be inhabited,’

and about the towns of Judah, ‘They will be rebuilt,

her ruins I will raise up,’

44:27 who says to the deep sea, ‘Be dry!

I will dry up your sea currents,’

44:28 who commissions Cyrus, the one I appointed as shepherd

to carry out all my wishes

and to decree concerning Jerusalem, ‘She will be rebuilt,’

and concerning the temple, ‘It will be reconstructed.’”

45:1 This is what the Lord says to his chosen one,

to Cyrus, whose right hand I hold

in order to subdue nations before him,

and disarm kings,

to open doors before him,

so gates remain unclosed:

45:2 “I will go before you

and level mountains.

Bronze doors I will shatter

and iron bars I will hack through.

45:3 I will give you hidden treasures,

riches stashed away in secret places,

so you may recognize that I am the Lord,

the one who calls you by name, the God of Israel.

So, the prophet, peace be upon him, forbade overeating, also forbade anger, hatred, negative thoughts

these teachings were pointed to a group of people who were accustomed to fulfill their bellies with food, moreover they were boasting in overeating as we knew from the life of ignorance era before the prophet delegation. Those people were also extremely angry and feverish for the most trivial reasons; a war that extended for 40 years was because of a camel!! The question here is that if the prophet wanted the power-as what the enemies of Islam claimed-why should he order his people with new habits that they may not response to him!

And what would he gain from these teachings? And why should he order them not to get angry and not to over eat…this has no logic explanation except to believe that the prophet did not give anything of his own desire but it is a revelation from Allah, the apostle, as he is the mercy bestowed upon us, and by Allah that if the Godless people knew the greatness of this merciful prophet and the strength of the teachings he came by, and if they were convinced with these teachings, the science would progress by hundreds years!

Eninn,

So far you are not able to discuss Ezra, Cyrus, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty and Wahhabism. You are not willing to discuss the fact that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam started from oral traditions.

If Ezra is accepted as a prophet, would then the Torah be considered a work of God? If he is just a scribe, then the Torah would be considered a work of man?

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr wrote:

Al-Haafiz ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah: “The well known view is that ‘Uzayr was one of the Prophets of the Children of Israel.” On this basis there is nothing wrong with calling him ‘Uzayr, so long as there is no inclination of the heart towards the Jews, and so long as one is not influenced by them because of being their neighbor. The scholarly differences as to whether ‘Uzayr was actually a Prophet or not are well known.

Then Ennin posted the following statement that confirms that Ezra was a prophet.

Was He a Prophet?

It is well known that 'Uzair was one of the Prophets sent to the Children of Israel; he came during the interval between Dawud and Sulaiman, and Zakariya and Yahya. At his time, none from among the Children of Israel happened to memorize the Torah, Allah the Almighty inspired him to commit it to his heart and then he recited it to the Children of Israel. Wahb Ibn Munabih said: Allah the Almighty ordered an Angel to descend with light to throw on 'Uzair .In doing this, he copied the Torah letter by letter till he was finished.

You have shared with me a video of Dr. Bart D. Ehrman, an agnostic that cares little for the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic faiths.

I have told you that Isreal's treatment of Palestinians do not reflect the viewpoints of all Jews or Christians. I do know that Christian churches have been destroyed in Palestine as well.

Although, I do agree with you that diet is very important.

Now you show me a video stating Gospel of Luke and Jesus Ascension to Heaven is a forgery.

This is the NET version on Luke 24

24:50 Then Jesus led them out as far as Bethany, and lifting up his hands, he blessed them.

24:51 Now during the blessing he departed and was taken up into heaven.

The Greek Codex Sinaiticus is dated A.D. 350. Gabriel came to the Prophet Mohammed 250 years later.

Luke, 24:51 library: BL folio: 246b scribe: A

51 And it came to pass, as he blessed them, he was separated from them.

The Alexandrian Bodmer Papyrus (Papyrus 75) is a text dated to A.D.175-225.

Bodmer Papyrus XIV-XV (P75), f. 2A8r

Luke 24

24:51 He was carried up into Heaven

http://www.vaticanli...&ling=eng&BC=11

From reading the Qur'an I would state that there is more harmony in Alexandrian translation. I am sure Mohammed was quite aware of the text. It had been around for at least 400 years before his birth.

Surat An-Nisā'

4:157 And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

4:158 Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

From what I read Islam believes that it was decreed for Jesus to be crucified. Christians believe the same thing. From what I believe Islam believes Jesus ascended to heaven. Christian believe the same thing.

The only difference is that the Qur'an does not state the details of what happened from the Roman decree of crucifixion to the ascension.. But, then do not believe Jesus was nailed to the cross. Christians have a detailed account of what happened to Jesus and believe that he was nailed and died on the cross. He first conquered and ascended from death and death in 3 days. Then for 40 days he stayed on earth. And then Jesus ascended into Heaven.

It is also stated that there is variants in Qur'an as well.

We are further informed that Ubayy ibn Ka'b recalled an occasion where Muhammad reported that Jibril had come to him one day and told him Allah had commanded that the Qur'an be recited in only one dialect, to which Muhammad replied that his people were not capable of doing this. After much going back and forth the angel finally decreed that Allah had allowed the Muslims to recite the Qur'an in seven different ways and that each recital would be correct (Sahih Muslim, Vol. 2, p.391).

http://www.answering.../Jam/chap5.html

http://youtu.be/ndM6ginU5MA

Undertanding Death without God in scripture has inspired many writers and artist to depict their own version of Hell. Sandro Botticelli La Mappa dell' Inferno was influenced by Dante Alighieri's 'Divine Comedy'.

botticelli.jpg

Jesus then ascended for the plane we live in to the glory of God's Kingdom of Paradise.

Paradiso_Canto_31.jpg

Acts 2

2:29 “Brothers, I can speak confidently to you about our forefather David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.

2:30 So then, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath to seat one of his descendants on his throne,

2:31 David by foreseeing this spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did his body experience decay.

2:32 This Jesus God raised up, and we are all witnesses of it.

2:33 So then, exalted to the right hand of God, and having received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father, he has poured out what you both see and hear.

2:34 For David did not ascend into heaven, but he himself says,

‘The Lord said to my lord,

“Sit at my right hand

2:35 until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”’

2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know beyond a doubt that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified both Lord and Christ.”

We can debate Christians converting into Islam and Muslims converting to Christianity. Or we can learn to respect each other in belief and praise the Lord's glory .

I take care of a disabled Muslim and consider him like a brother.

I am sure there are stories where Muslims help Christians and treat them like brothers. History shows that the Muslims gave safe haven to the Jews. And I am sure Jews had helped Muslims. There are stories that in Spain all three beliefs coexisted together in harmony.