Washington DC Message Boards

David and Jesus - Priest, Prophet, and King

Luke_Wilbur

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Melchizedek, David was a royal priest, distinct from the Aaronic line.

Psalm 110

Here is the Lord’s proclamation to my lord:

“Sit down at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool!”

110:2 The Lord extends your dominion from Zion.

Rule in the midst of your enemies!

110:3 Your people willingly follow you when you go into battle.

On the holy hills 11 at sunrise the dew of your youth belongs to you.

110:4 The Lord makes this promise on oath and will not revoke it:

“You are an eternal priest after the pattern of Melchizedek.

Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 110

1. Of David a psalm. The word of the Lord to my master; "Wait for My right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool at your feet."

2. The staff of your might the Lord will send from Zion; rule in the midst of your enemies.

3. Your people will volunteer on the day of your host, because of the beauty of holiness when you fell from the womb; for you, your youth is like dew.

4. The Lord swore and will not repent; you are a priest forever because of the speech of Malchizedek.

An ephod is a sacred vestment worn by high priests. David used the sacred ephod to communicate with and praise Yahweh.

1 Samuel 23

23:9 When David realized that Saul was planning to harm him, he told Abiathar the priest, “Bring the ephod!”

23:10 Then David said, “O Lord God of Israel, your servant has clearly heard that Saul is planning to come to Keilah to destroy the city because of me.

23:11 Will the leaders of Keilah deliver me into his hand? Will Saul come down as your servant has heard? O Lord God of Israel, please inform your servant!”

Then the Lord said, “He will come down.”

23:12 David asked, “Will the leaders of Keilah deliver me and my men into Saul’s hand?” The Lord said, “They will deliver you over.”

Prophets Shmuel I - Chapter 23

9. And David knew that upon him, Saul was plotting the evil; and he said to Abiathar the priest, "Bring near the ephod."

10. And David said, "O Lord God of Israel, Your bondsman has heard that Saul seeks to come to Keilah to destroy the city because of me.

11. Will the citizens of Keilah deliver me into his hand? Will Saul come down, as Your bondsman has heard? O Lord God of Israel, tell now Your bondsman!" And the Lord said, "He will come down."

12. And David said, "Will the citizens of Keilah deliver me and my men into Saul's hands?" And the Lord said, "They will deliver."

2 Samuel 6

6:11 The ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite for three months. The Lord blessed Obed-Edom and all his family.

6:12 David was told, “The Lord has blessed the family of Obed-Edom and everything he owns because of the ark of God.” So David went and joyfully brought the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David.

6:13 Those who carried the ark of the Lord took six steps and then David sacrificed an ox and a fatling calf.

6:14 Now David, wearing a linen ephod, was dancing with all his strength before the Lord.

6:15 David and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the Lord, shouting and blowing trumpets.

Prophets Shmuel II - Chapter 6

11. And the ark of the Lord dwelled in the house of Oved-edom the Gittite three months; and the Lord blessed Oved-edom, and all his household.

12. And it was told to King David saying: 'The Lord has blessed the house of Oved-edom, and all that belongs to him, because of the ark of the Lord. And David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Oved-edom into the city of David with joy.

13. And it was when the bearers of the ark of God had trodden six paces, he sacrificed an ox and a fatling.

14. And David danced with all his might before the Lord; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

15. And David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouting and with the sound of [the] shofar.

ephod.jpg

Yahweh let it be known through Prophet Nathan that he would make a Covenant with his faithful servant David.

2 Samuel 7

7:1 The king settled into his palace, for the Lord gave him relief from all his enemies on all sides.

7:2 The king said to Nathan the prophet, “Look! I am living in a palace made from cedar, while the ark of God sits in the middle of a tent.”

7:3 Nathan replied to the king, “You should go and do whatever you have in mind, for the Lord is with you.”

7:4 That night the Lord told Nathan,

7:5 “Go, tell my servant David: ‘This is what the Lord says: Do you really intend to build a house for me to live in?

7:6 I have not lived in a house from the time I brought the Israelites up from Egypt to the present day. Instead, I was traveling with them and living in a tent.

7:7 Wherever I moved among all the Israelites, I did not say to any of the leaders whom I appointed to care for my people Israel, “Why have you not built me a house made from cedar?”’

7:8 “So now, say this to my servant David: ‘This is what the Lord of hosts says: I took you from the pasture and from your work as a shepherd to make you leader of my people Israel.

7:9 I was with you wherever you went, and I defeated all your enemies before you. Now I will make you as famous as the great men of the earth.

7:10 I will establish a place for my people Israel and settle them there; they will live there and not be disturbed any more. Violent men will not oppress them again, as they did in the beginning

7:11 and during the time when I appointed judges to lead my people Israel. Instead, I will give you relief from all your enemies. The Lord declares to you that he himself will build a dynastic house for you.

7:12 When the time comes for you to die, I will raise up your descendant, one of your own sons, to succeed you, and I will establish his kingdom.

7:13 He will build a house for my name, and I will make his dynasty permanent.

7:14 I will become his father and he will become my son. When he sins, I will correct him with the rod of men and with wounds inflicted by human beings.

7:15 But my loyal love will not be removed from him as I removed it from Saul, whom I removed from before you.

7:16 Your house and your kingdom will stand before me permanently; your dynasty will be permanent.’”

7:17 Nathan told David all these words that were revealed to him.

Ben Sira indicates that, despite Solomon's many sins, it will be through the root of the House of David that the Messianic line will continue.

David-Covenant.jpg

Sirach 47

1 After him came NATHAN

who served in David’s presence.

2 Like the choice fat of sacred offerings,

so was DAVID in Israel.

3 He played with lions as though they were young goats,

and with bears, like lambs of the flock.

4 As a youth he struck down the giant

and wiped out the people’s disgrace;

His hand let fly the slingstone

that shattered the pride of Goliath.

5 For he had called upon the Most High God,

who gave strength to his right arm

To defeat the skilled warrior

and establish the might of his people.

6 Therefore the women sang his praises

and honored him for “the tens of thousands.”

When he received the royal crown, he battled

7and subdued the enemy on every side.

He campaigned against the hostile Philistines

and shattered their power till our own day.

8 With his every deed he offered thanks

to God Most High, in words of praise.

With his whole heart he loved his Maker

9 and daily had his praises sung;

10 He added beauty to the feasts

and solemnized the seasons of each year

9b With string music before the altar,

providing sweet melody for the psalms

10b So that when the Holy Name was praised,

before daybreak the sanctuary would resound.

11 The LORD forgave him his sins

and exalted his strength forever;

He conferred on him the rights of royalty

and established his throne in Israel.

12 Because of his merits he had as successor

a wise son, who lived in security:

13 SOLOMON reigned during an era of peace,

for God brought rest to all his borders.

He built a house to the name of God,

and established a lasting sanctuary.

14 How wise you were when you were young,

overflowing with instruction, like the Nile in flood!

15 Your understanding covered the whole earth,

and, like a sea, filled it with knowledge.

16 Your fame reached distant coasts,

and you were beloved for your peaceful reign.

17 With song and proverb and riddle,

and with your answers, you astounded the nations.

18 You were called by that glorious name

which was conferred upon Israel.*

Gold you gathered like so much iron;

you heaped up silver as though it were lead.

19 But you abandoned yourself to women

and gave them dominion over your body.

20 You brought a stain upon your glory,

shame upon your marriage bed,

Wrath upon your descendants,

and groaning upon your deathbed.

21 Thus two governments came into being,

when in Ephraim kingship was usurped.

22 But God does not withdraw his mercy,

nor permit even one of his promises to fail.

He does not uproot the posterity of the chosen,

nor destroy the offspring of his friends.

So he gave to Jacob a remnant,

to David a root from his own family.

The Book of the All-Virtuous Wisdom of Joshua ben Sira, commonly called the Wisdom of Sirach or simply Sirach, and also known as The Book Ecclesiasticus or Siracides or Ben Sira, is a work of ethical teachings from approximately 200-175 B.C.written by the Jewish scribe Joshua ben Sirach of Jerusalem. The book was not accepted into the Hebrew Bible and as a result the original Hebrew text was not preserved in the Jewish canon. However, various original Hebrew versions have since been recovered.

There are numerous citations of Sirach in the Talmud and works of rabbinic literature (as "ספר בן סירא", e.g., Hagigah 13a). Despite not finding ultimate acceptance into the scriptural canon of Judaism, it was read as scripture by some Jews. For instance, it was included in the canon of the Jewish Septuagint, the 2nd century BC Greek version of the Jewish scriptures used by Diaspora Jews. Sirach is accepted as part of the Christian biblical canon by Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, and most Oriental Orthodox but not by most Protestants. The Greek Church Fathers also called it the "All-Virtuous Wisdom", while the Latin Church Fathers, beginning with Cyprian, termed it Ecclesiasticus because it was frequently read in churches, leading to the title liber ecclesiasticus (Latin and Latinised Greek for "church book").

In Egypt, it was translated into Greek by the author's grandson, who added a prologue. The Prologue to the Book of the All-Virtuous Wisdom of Joshua ben Sirach is generally considered the earliest witness to a canon of the books of the prophets, and thus the date of the text as we have it is the subject of intense scrutiny.

As early as 1896, several substantial Hebrew texts of Sirach, copied in the 11th and 12th centuries, were found in the Cairo geniza (a synagogue storage room for damaged manuscripts). Although none of these manuscripts is complete, together they provide the text for about two-thirds of the Wisdom of Sirach. According to scholars including Solomon Schechter and Frederic Kenyon, this shows that the book was originally written in Hebrew.

In the 1950s and 1960s three copies of portions of Sirach were found among the Dead Sea Scrolls. The largest scroll was discovered at Masada, the famous Jewish fortress destroyed in AD 73. The earliest of these scrolls (2Q18) has been dated to the second part of the 1st century BC, approximately 150 years after Sirach was first composed. These early Hebrew texts are in substantial agreement with the Hebrew texts discovered in Cairo, although there are numerous minor textual variants. With these findings, scholars are now more confident that the Cairo texts are reliable witnesses to the Hebrew original.

Titus Flavius Josephus, also known as Joseph ben Matityahu wrote that the Son of David (Solomon) had great powers of healing.

Antiquities of the Jews - Book VIII - Chapter II

5. Now the sagacity and wisdom which God had bestowed on Solomon was so great, that he exceeded the ancients; insomuch that he was no way inferior to the Egyptians, who are said to have been beyond all men in understanding; nay, indeed, it is evident that their sagacity was very much inferior to that of the king's. He also excelled and distinguished himself in wisdom above those who were most eminent among the Hebrews at that time for shrewdness; those I mean were Ethan, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol. He also composed books of odes and songs a thousand and five, of parables and similitudes three thousand; for he spake a parable upon every sort of tree, from the hyssop to the cedar; and in like manner also about beasts, about all sorts of living creatures, whether upon the earth, or in the seas, or in the air; for he was not unacquainted with any of their natures, nor omitted inquiries about them, but described them all like a philosopher, and demonstrated his exquisite knowledge of their several properties. God also enabled him to learn that skill which expels demons, which is a science useful and sanative to men. He composed such incantations also by which distempers are alleviated. And he left behind him the manner of using exorcisms, by which they drive away demons, so that they never return; and this method of cure is of great force unto this day; for I have seen a certain man of my own country, whose name was Eleazar, releasing people that were demoniacal in the presence of Vespasian, and his sons, and his captains, and the whole multitude of his soldiers. The manner of the cure was this: He put a ring that had a Foot of one of those sorts mentioned by Solomon to the nostrils of the demoniac, after which he drew out the demon through his nostrils; and when the man fell down immediately, he abjured him to return into him no more, making still mention of Solomon, and reciting the incantations which he composed. And when Eleazar would persuade and demonstrate to the spectators that he had such a power, he set a little way off a cup or basin full of water, and commanded the demon, as he went out of the man, to overturn it, and thereby to let the spectators know that he had left the man; and when this was done, the skill and wisdom of Solomon was shown very manifestly: for which reason it is, that all men may know the vastness of Solomon's abilities, and how he was beloved of God, and that the extraordinary virtues of every kind with which this king was endowed may not be unknown to any people under the sun for this reason, I say, it is that we have proceeded to speak so largely of these matters.

Here we see blind mention that Christ as the 'Son of David' and is able to cure people and cast away demons just like Solomon did in the writings of Josephus.

Matthew 9

9:27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, shouting, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”

9:28 When he went into the house, the blind men came to him. Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.”

9:29 Then he touched their eyes saying, “Let it be done for you according to your faith.”

9:30 And their eyes were opened. Then Jesus sternly warned them, “See that no one knows about this.” 9:31 But they went out and spread the news about him throughout that entire region.

9:32 As they were going away, a man who could not talk and was demon-possessed was brought to him.

9:33 After the demon was cast out, the man who had been mute spoke. The crowds were amazed and said, “Never has anything like this been seen in Israel!

9:34 But the Pharisees said, “By the ruler of demons he casts out demons.”

Miracle+10_JesusHeals2Blind.jpg

Guest Morbonzi

Consider whether Jesus was referencing the Testament of Solomon.

The Testament of Solomon is an Old Testament pseudepigraphical work ascribed to King Solomon of Jerusalem written withing the 15th and 16th century. The text is only found in Christian sources and is not in the Jewish Tanakh or other Jewish sources. It describes how Solomon was enabled to build his Temple by commanding demons by means of a magical ring entrusted to him by the Archangel Michael,.

McCown allocated the texts of the Testament of Solomon to 3 major recensions, which he called A, B and C. But the earliest form of the text, he argues, is that represented by ms D, which McCown prints as a separate entity in his edition (pp.88-97).

ms D. The first significant MS is D (Dionysius Monastery, Mt Athos, No. 132, fol. 367-374). This is a haggadic folktale building on biographical material about Solomon and characterised by strong interest in demonology, and is datable to the sixteenth century. This, however, should probably not be regarded as a Testament of Solomon, but simply as haggadah: it is entitled PERI TOU SOLOMONTOS. It is not a testament at all but a biography of Solomon, gathering together a number of Solomonic folk-tales in which demons played a large part (McCown 1922, p.35). It contains a long prefatory section giving the OT background to Solomon's story (e.g. David's sin with Bathsheba), which is not found in the other texts, and includes the ring story but less than half of the demonological material found in other manuscripts.

Recension A is represented by H, I, and L, 3 manuscripts dating from the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. In these manuscripts the story begins with the building of the Temple and ends with Solomon's fall through the episode of the Shunamite.

ms H (Holkham Hall, No. 99) is datable to the fifteenth century and usually presents an abbreviated text (except 26.8-10), omitting 14.3-16.1. This MS appears to be at least based on a text (or haggadic tradition) regarded by the scribe as the Testament of Solomon on account of the superscription DIEGESIS PERI TES DIATHEKES SOLOMONTOS.

ms I (Paris BN, supplement grec 500), dating from the sixteenth century, is entitled SOLOMONTOS, with DIATHEKE T[OU] carelessly scrawled in the upper margin, suggesting perhaps that the scribe regarded the material with which he was dealing as simply concerning Solomon and called to mind a traditional title for this material after writing the superscription. The abrupt end of the MS at 5.8 suggests that the repetitive material in which this verse occurs was intentionally omitted by a weary scribe, indicating also that this material existed in whatever Vorlage the scribe was using.

ms L (Harleian MSS, British Museum, No. 5596) omits 14.3-16.1 and ends at 18.41, and is datable to the fifteenth century. This MS is a compendium of medieval magical, astrological and demonological lore: McCown suggests it was evidently written by a medieval magician for practical use in his profession (McCown, 1922, p.14). It includes a number of Solomonic fragments, of which the section designated by McCown as the Testament runs from folio 8r to folio 18r; three other fragments contain material associated with McCown's recension.

Recension B is represented by P and Q, 2 manuscripts dating from the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. N is also associated with this recension. It contains Òtwo explanations of the writing of the Testament, .. a shorter beginning and ending, and ... more extended accounts of many of the demons.

ms N (Library of the Greek Patriarchate, Jerusalem, Sancti Saba, No. 422) is datable to either the fifteenth or the sixteenth century. Only N and P include 14.3-16.1, incorporating the overtly Christian comment at 15.10-12.

ms P (Paris, BN, Anciens fonds grecs, No. 38 (Colbert 4895)) is a sixteenth century manuscript entitled DIATHEKE SOLOMONTOS.

ms Q (Andreas Convent, Mt Athos, No. 73) is a fifteenth century document which does not include 3.1-20.9.

Recension C is represented by mss V and W with the fragments (parts of other compilations) which McCown designated S, T, and U. This is described by McCown as an entirely different recension, which has undergone a thorough revision, and is more interested in demonology as a means for revealing nature's treasures and mysteries than in its medical aspect (McCown 1922, p.32).

ms S (Vienna, codex philos. graec. 108) is a sixteenth century ms.

ms V (Bologna, Library of the University, MS No. 3632) dates from the fifteenth century.

ms W (Paris BN, Anciens fonds grecs, No. 2419) is a fifteenth century ms.

T is McCown's designation for 3 fragments from msL (see above): fifteenth century.

ms U (Milan, Ambrosian Library, No. 1030) dates from the sixteenth century, and includes some Solomonic material (inlcuding a list of demons) written as page-fillers or across the margins.

http://www.st-andrew...ctures/harding/

More References

http://www.academia....opaic_Practices

http://www.onb.ac.at...yrus_museum.htm

http://issuu.com/hun...er-the-pharaohs

http://www.scribd.co...CE%91-to-%CE%96

The Vienna Papyrus, is also known by a variety of other names, such as:

Suchos medical papyrus, Fayyum medical papyrus, Crocodilopolis Medical Book

The Testament of Solomon states that the Pentalpha ring as the Seal of Solomon. From what I read the ring is the actual power that gathers all the demons to build Jerusalem. I find this somewhat similar to J. R. R. Tolkien's magical artifact 'One Ring to Rule them All." I wonder if he knew of this story.

(translated from the codex of the Paris Library, after the edition of Fleck, Wissensch. Reise, bd. ii. abth. 3)

1. Testament of Solomon, son of David, who was king in Jerusalem, and mastered and controlled all spirits of the air, on the earth, and under the earth. By means of them also he wrought all the transcendent works of the Temple. Telling also of the authorities they wield against men, and by what angels these demons are brought to naught.

solomon-and-entities.jpg

5. Now when I Solomon heard this, I entered the Temple of God, and prayed with all my soul, night and day, that the demon might be delivered into my hands, and that I might gain authority over him. And it came about through my prayer that grace was given to me from the Lord Sabaoth by Michael his archangel. [He brought me] a little ring, having a seal consisting of an engraved stone, and said to me: "Take, O Solomon, king, son of David, the gift which the Lord God has sent thee, the highest Sabaoth. With it thou shalt lock up all demons of the earth, male and female; and with their help thou shalt build up Jerusalem. [but] thou [must] wear this seal of God. And this engraving of the seal of the ring sent thee is a Pentalpha.

7. So the child took the ring, and went off; and behold, at the customary hour Ornias, the fierce demon, came like a burning fire to take the pay from the child. But the child according to the instructions received from the king, threw the ring at the chest of the demon, and said: "King Solomon calls thee hither." And then he went off at a run to the king. But the demon cried out aloud, saying: "Child, why hast thou done this to me? Take the ring off me, and I will render to thee the gold of the earth. Only take this off me, and forbear to lead me away to Solomon.

13. So Ornias took the finger-ring, and went off to Beelzeboul, who has kingship over the demons. He said to him: "Hither! Solomon calls thee." But Beelzeboul, having heard, said to him: "Tell me, who is this Solomon of whom thou speakest to me?" Then Ornias threw the ring at the chest of Beelzeboul, saying: "Solomon the king calls thee." But Beelzeboul cried aloud with a mighty voice, and shot out a great burning flame of fire; and he arose, and followed Ornias, and came to Solomon.

The pentacle found in the flag of Morocco symbolizes the Seal of Solomon.Red has considerable historic significance in Morocco, proclaiming the descent of the royal Alaouite family from the Prophet Muhammad via Fatima, the wife of Ali.

morocco_flag.jpeg

http://www.esoterica...on/testamen.htm

Guest Julia

Look for the the Book of Chamis

Universitätsbibliothek Leipzig

Beethovenstr. 6

04107 Leipzig, Germany

Phone: +49(0) 341 97 30577

Fax: +49(0) 341 97 30596

auskunft@ub.uni-leipzig.de

"We are the angels set over the eight winds. Allah, our Creator and thine, sends us to swear fealty, and to surrender to thee the power over us and the eight winds which are at our command. According to thy pleasure and designs, they shall blow from that quarter to which though shall rise out of the earth to bear thee up, and raise thee above the loftiest mountains." The most exalted of the eight angels then presented to him a jewel with this inscription: "To Allah belong greatness and might:" and said, "If though has need of us, raise this stone toward heaven, we shall appear to serve thee."

The angel of the kingdom of the birds then gave him a jewel with the inscription, "All created things praise the Lord, "By virtue of this stone, which thou needes only to raise above thy head, thou mayest call us at any moment, and impart to us thy commands."

There appeared an angel, whose upper part looked like earch, and whose lower like water. He bowed down toward the earth and said, "I am created by Allah to manifest his will both to the dry land and to teh sea; but he has placed me at thy disposal, and thou mayest command, through me over earth and sea: at thy will the highest mountains shall disappear, and others rise out of the ground; rivers and seas shall dry up, and fruitful countries be turned in seas or oceans." He then presented to him before he vanished a jewel, with the inscription, "Heaven and earth are the servants of Allah."

Finally, another angel brough to him a fourth jewel, which bore the inscription, "There is no God but one, Mohammed is his messenger." "By means of this stone," said the angel, "thou obtainest the dominion over the kingdom of spirits, which is much greater than that of man and beasts, and fills up the whole space between the earth and heaven.

When Solomon returned home, he commanded the four jewels which the angels had given him to be set in a signet ring, in order to rule over spirits and animals, and over winds and water.

The Angel of Death accompanied Solomon unto the hall whose walls were entirely crystal. There Solomon prayed; and, leaning upon his staff, requested the angel to take his soul in that position. The angel consented; and his death was thus concealed from the demons a whole year, till the temple was finished. It was not until the staff, when destroyed by worms, broke down with him, that his death was observed by the spirits, who, in order to revenge themselves, concealed all kinds of magical books under his throne, so that many believers thought Solomon had been a sorcerer. But hew was a pure divine prophet, as it is written in the Koran, "Solomon was no infidel, but the demons were unbelievers, and taught all manner of sorceries." When the king was lying together with his signet ring, to a cave, where they shall guard him until the day of resurrection.

Magic rings are certainly known in Jewish lore; they are mentioned in the Talmud and Midrash. Solomon's magical ring had many properties in legend: making him all-knowing, conferring him with the ability to speak with animals and bearing the special sigil that sealed genies into bottles. A story about King Solomon and a ring is found in the Babylonian Talmud, but rings are more fully discussed in Jewish mystical literature. The power of a ring is in the divine name with which it is inscribed; such rings are used to invoke and command various guardians of heavenly palaces and to gain entrance to those heavens. In the Zohar, God is thought to own and use a signet ring, or, at least, a signet.

Scripture does not mention any demons building God's temple. But, there are Christian and Islamic stories that mention Solomon having a signet ring given by angels to control demons to build God's temple. The Christian account has pentagram engraved in the ring. The Islamic version the ring has four gems with inscriptions on them.

http://www.answering...org/Books/Weil/

The Jewish Talmudic account is different.

Babylonian Talmud: Tractate Gittin

Folio 68a

The Master said: Here they translate 'male and female demons'. For what did Solomon want them? — As indicated in the verse, And the house when it was in building was made of stone made ready at the quarry, [there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house while it was in building]; He said to the Rabbis, How shall I manage [without iron tools]? — They replied, There is the shamir which Moses brought for the stones of the ephod. He asked them, Where is it to be found? — They replied, Bring a male and a female demon and tie them together; perhaps they know and will tell you. So he brought a male and a female demon and tied them together. They said to him, We do not know, but perhaps Ashmedai the prince of the demons knows. He said to them, Where is he? — They answered, He is in such-and-such a mountain. He has dug a pit there, which he fills with water and covers with a stone, which he then seals with his seal. Every day he goes up to heaven and studies in the Academy of the sky and then he comes down to earth and studies in the Academy of the earth, and then he goes and examines his seal and opens [the pit] and drinks and then closes it and seals it again and goes away.

Solomon thereupon sent thither Benaiahu son of Jehoiada, giving him a chain on which was graven the [Divine] Name and a ring on which was graven the Name and fleeces of wool and bottles of wine. Benaiahu went and dug a pit lower down the hill and let the water flow into it and stopped [the hollow] With the fleeces of wool, and he then dug a pit higher up and poured the wine into it and then filled up the pits. He then went and sat on a tree.

When Ashmedai came he examined the seal, then opened the pit and found it full of wine. He said, it is written, Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whosoever erreth thereby is not wise, and it is also written, Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the understanding. I will not drink it. Growing thirsty, however, he could not resist, and he drank till he became drunk, and fell asleep.

Benaiahu then came down and threw the chain over him and fastened it. When he awoke he began to struggle, whereupon he [benaiahu] said, The Name of thy Master is upon thee, the Name of thy Master is upon thee. As he was bringing him along, he came to a palm tree and rubbed against it and down it came. He came to a house and knocked it down. He came to the hut of a certain widow. She came out and besought him, and he bent down so as not to touch it, thereby breaking a bone. He said,

That bears out the verse, A soft tongue breaketh the bone. He saw a blind man straying from his way and he put him on the right path. He saw a drunken man losing his way and he put him on his path. He saw a wedding procession making its way merrily and he wept. He heard a man say to a shoemaker, Make me a pair of shoes that will last seven years, and he laughed. He saw a diviner practicing divinations and he laughed.

When they reached Jerusalem he was not taken to see Solomon for three days. On the first day he asked, Why does the king not want to see me? They replied, Because he has over-drunk himself. So he took a brick and placed it on top of another. When they reported this to Solomon he said to them, What he meant to tell you was, Give him more to drink.

On the next day he said to them, Why does the king not want to see me? They replied, Because he has over-eaten himself. He thereupon took one brick from off the other and placed it on the ground. When they reported this to Solomon, he said, He meant to tell you to keep food away from me.

After three days he went in to see him. He took a reed and measured four cubits and threw it in front of him, saying, See now, when you die you will have no more than four cubits in this world. Now, however, you have subdued the whole world, yet you are not satisfied till you subdue me too.

He replied: I want nothing of you. What I want is to build the Temple and I require the shamir. He said: It is not in my hands, it is in the hands of the Prince of the Sea who gives it only to the woodpecker, to whom he trusts it on oath. What does the bird do with it? — He takes it to a mountain where there is no cultivation and puts it on the edge of the rock which thereupon splits, and he then takes seeds from trees and brings them and throws them into the opening and things grow there. (This is what the Targum means by nagar tura).

So they found out a woodpecker's nest with young in it, and covered it over with white glass. When the bird came it wanted to get in but could not, so it went and brought the shamir and placed it on the glass. Benaiahu thereupon gave a shout, and it dropped [the shamir] and he took it, and the bird went and committed suicide on account of its oath.

Benaiahu said to Ashmedai, Why when you saw that blind man going out of his way did you put him right? He replied: It has been proclaimed of him in heaven that he is a wholly righteous man, and that whoever does him a kindness will be worthy of the future world. And why when you saw the drunken man going out of his way did you put him right? He replied, They have proclaimed concerning him in heaven that he is wholly wicked, and I conferred a boon on him in order that he may consume [here] his share [in the future]. Why when you saw the wedding procession did you weep? He said: The husband will die within thirty days, and she will have to wait for the brother-in-law who is still a child of thirteen years. Why, when you heard a man say to the shoemaker, Make me shoes to last seven years, did you laugh? He replied: That man has not seven days to live, and he wants shoes for seven years! Why when you saw that diviner divining did you laugh? He said: He was sitting on a royal treasure: he should have divined what was beneath him.

Solomon kept him with him until he had built the Temple. One day when he was alone with him, he said, it is written, He hath as it were to'afoth and re'em, and we explain that to'afoth means the ministering angels and re'em means the demons. What is your superiority over us? He said to him, Take the chain off me and give me your ring, and I will show you. So he took the chain off him and gave him the ring. He then swallowed him, and placing one wing on the earth and one on the sky he hurled him four hundred parasangs. In reference to that incident Solomon said, What profit is there to a man in all his labor wherein he laboureth under the sun.

http://www.come-and-.../gittin_68.html

Benaiah was the son of the priest Jehoiada and David's general for the army of the Kingdom of Israel and Solomon's chief bodyguard.

The name Asmodai is believed to derive from Avestan language *aēšma-daēva, where aēšma means "wrath", and daēva signifies "demon". While the daēva Aēšma is thus Zoroastrianism's demon of wrath and is also well attested as such, the compound aēšma-daēvas not attested in scripture. This would make sense, Jews and Zoroastrians lived in close proximity during the Talmud period.

Asmodai appears as the king 'Asmoday' in the Ars Goetia, where he is said to have a seal in gold and is listed as number thirty-two according to respective rank.

He "is strong, powerful and appears with three heads; the first is like a bull, the second like a man, and the third like a ram; the tail of a serpent, and from his mouth issue flames of fire." Also, he sits upon an infernal dragon, holds a lance with a banner and, amongst the Legions of Amaymon, Asmoday governs seventy two legions of inferior spirits.

Zohar - Miketz

132) All those who transgress with one thing in the Torah are caught in it. King Solomon, who was wiser than all the people in the world, breached one thing in the Torah—he had many wives—and caused himself to lose his kingship, when he was made a layman by the hand of Asmodeus.

Guest ضوء

Surat Şād (The Letter "Saad")

38:30

ولقد آتينا داود سليمان. موظف الخدمة الممتازة، بل كان واحدا تحول مرارا العودة [الله].

And to David We gave Solomon. An excellent servant, indeed he was one repeatedly turning back [to Allah ].

38:31

[أذكر] عندما يكون هناك عرضت أمامه في فترة ما بعد الظهر على وشك [الدائمة] خيول السباق.

[Mention] when there were exhibited before him in the afternoon the poised [standing] racehorses.

38:32

وقال: "في الواقع، أعطى الأفضلية لحب الخير [الأشياء] على ذكرى من ربي حتى اختفت الشمس في ستارة [الظلام]."

And he said, "Indeed, I gave preference to the love of good [things] over the remembrance of my Lord until the sun disappeared into the curtain [of darkness]."

38:33

[وقال]، "إعادتهم إلى لي"، وتعيين حول ضرب الساقين [هم] والرقاب.

[He said], "Return them to me," and set about striking [their] legs and necks.

38:34

ونحن بالتأكيد حاول سليمان ووضعها على عرشه هذه الهيئة؛ ثم عاد.

And We certainly tried Solomon and placed on his throne a body; then he returned.

38:35

وقال: "ربي اغفر لي ومنحي المملكة مثل ويست ملكا لأحد من بعدي. في الواقع، أنت معطي".

He said, "My Lord, forgive me and grant me a kingdom such as will not belong to anyone after me. Indeed, You are the Bestower."

38:36

لذلك نحن يتعرض له الرياح التي تهب من قبل قيادته، بلطف، أينما كان موجها،

So We subjected to him the wind blowing by his command, gently, wherever he directed,

38:37

و[أيضا] الشياطين [الجن] - كل بناء وغواص

And [also] the devils [of jinn] - every builder and diver

38:38

وغيرها ملزمة معا في الأغلال.

And others bound together in shackles.

Guest ضوء

Surat An-Naml (The Ant)

27:15

وكان لدينا بالتأكيد نظرا لداود وسليمان المعرفة، وقالوا: "[ومن المقرر] الحمد لله الذي فضل لنا على كثير من عباده المؤمنين."

And We had certainly given to David and Solomon knowledge, and they said, "Praise [is due] to Allah , who has favored us over many of His believing servants."

27:16

ورثت سليمان داود. وقال: "يا أيها الناس، لقد تم تدريسها لغة الطيور، وأتيح لنا من كل شيء، والواقع، وهذا هو فضله واضح.

And Solomon inherited David. He said, "O people, we have been taught the language of birds, and we have been given from all things. Indeed, this is evident bounty.

27:17

وجمعت لكانت سليمان جنوده من الجن والإنس والطيور، وكانوا [السير] في الصفوف.

And gathered for Solomon were his soldiers of the jinn and men and birds, and they were [marching] in rows.

27:18

حتى، وقال عندما أتى على وادي النمل نملة، "يا أيها النمل، أدخل مساكنكم التي لا يمكن سحقها من قبل سليمان وجنوده وهم لا تشعرون."

Until, when they came upon the valley of the ants, an ant said, "O ants, enter your dwellings that you not be crushed by Solomon and his soldiers while they perceive not."

27:19

حتى [سليمان] ابتسم، مسليا في خطابها، وقال: "يا رب، تمكنني أن تكون ممتنة لصالح الخاص بك الذي قمت أسبغ لي وعلى والدي وأن تفعل الصواب من الذي يوافق. واعترف لي عبر رحمة في [صفوف] الخدم عدلك

So [solomon] smiled, amused at her speech, and said, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to do righteousness of which You approve. And admit me by Your mercy into [the ranks of] Your righteous servants.

27:20

وأخذ الحضور من الطيور، وقال "لماذا لا أرى الهدهد - أم أنه بين الغائب؟

And he took attendance of the birds and said, "Why do I not see the hoopoe - or is he among the absent?

27:21

أعاقب بالتأكيد له مع العقاب الشديد أو الذبح له إلا إذا كان يجلب لي إذن واضحة ".

I will surely punish him with a severe punishment or slaughter him unless he brings me clear authorization."

27:22

ولكن الهدهد بقيت فترة ليست طويلة، وقال: "لقد شملت [في المعرفة] أن الذي لم شمل، ولقد جئت إليكم من سبأ مع بعض الأخبار

But the hoopoe stayed not long and said, "I have encompassed [in knowledge] that which you have not encompassed, and I have come to you from Sheba with certain news.

27:23

في الواقع، لقد وجدت [هناك] امرأة حكم عليها، وأنها قد أعطيت من كل شيء، ولها عرش عظيم.

Indeed, I found [there] a woman ruling them, and she has been given of all things, and she has a great throne.

27:24

لقد وجدت لها وشعبها السجود للشمس من دون الله، وجعلت الشيطان أعمالهم لارضاء لهم وتمكن لهم من وسيلة [له]، لذلك لا يهتدون،

I found her and her people prostrating to the sun instead of Allah , and Satan has made their deeds pleasing to them and averted them from [His] way, so they are not guided,

27:25

و] حتى لا يسجد لله، الذي يجلب اليها ما هو مخفي في السماوات والأرض ويعلم ما تخفي وما تقوم بتعريف -

And] so they do not prostrate to Allah , who brings forth what is hidden within the heavens and the earth and knows what you conceal and what you declare -

27:26

الله - لا إله إلا الله رب العرش العظيم ".

Allah - there is no deity except Him, Lord of the Great Throne."

27:27

[سليمان] قال: "سنرى ما إذا كنت صادقة أو كان من الكاذبين.

[solomon] said, "We will see whether you were truthful or were of the liars.

27:28

تأخذ هذه الرسالة من الألغام وتسليمها لهم. ثم تركهم ونرى ما [الجواب] أنهم سيعودون ".

Take this letter of mine and deliver it to them. Then leave them and see what [answer] they will return."

27:29

وقالت: "يا هم البارزين، في الواقع، بالنسبة لي تم تسليم رسالة النبيلة.

She said, "O eminent ones, indeed, to me has been delivered a noble letter.

27:30

في الواقع، فإنه من سليمان، وبالفعل، فإنه يقرأ: "بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم كليا، خصوصا الرحمن الرحيم،

Indeed, it is from Solomon, and indeed, it reads: 'In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful,

27:31

لا يكون متجبر معي ولكن تأتي لي في تقديم [كمسلمين] '. "

Be not haughty with me but come to me in submission [as Muslims].' "

27:32

وقالت: "يا هم البارزين، وتقديم المشورة لي في شأن بلدي، لكنني لن يقرر مسألة حتى كنت شاهدا [ل] لي."

She said, "O eminent ones, advise me in my affair. I would not decide a matter until you witness [for] me."

27:33

قالوا: "نحن رجال القوة والعسكرية عظيمة ربما، ولكن الأمر هو لك، لذلك نرى ما سوف القيادة".

They said, "We are men of strength and of great military might, but the command is yours, so see what you will command."

27:34

وقالت: "في الواقع الملوك - عند دخولهم للمدينة، فإنهم الخراب وتجعل كرمت شعبها بالتواضع وهكذا يفعلون.

She said, "Indeed kings - when they enter a city, they ruin it and render the honored of its people humbled. And thus do they do.

27:35

ولكن في الواقع، وسأرسل لهم هدية وانظر مع ما [الرد] رسل سيعود ".

But indeed, I will send to them a gift and see with what [reply] the messengers will return."

27:36

وذلك عندما جاءوا إلى سليمان، وقال: "هل تقدم لي مع ثروة؟ ولكن ماذا قد أعطى الله لي هو أفضل من ما أعطاك، بل هو أنت الذي نفرح في هديتك.

So when they came to Solomon, he said, "Do you provide me with wealth? But what Allah has given me is better than what He has given you. Rather, it is you who rejoice in your gift.

27:37

العودة إليها، لأننا سوف يأتي بالتأكيد لهم مع الجنود أنهم سوف تكون عاجزة عن مواجهة، وسوف نقوم بطرد بالتأكيد لهم عنها في الإذلال، وأنها سوف تكون الوضيع ".

Return to them, for we will surely come to them with soldiers that they will be powerless to encounter, and we will surely expel them therefrom in humiliation, and they will be debased."

27:38

[سليمان] قال: "يا الجمعية [الجن]، والتي من سوف أحضر لي عرشها قبل أن تأتي لي في تقديم؟"

[solomon] said, "O assembly [of jinn], which of you will bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?"

27:39

وقال واحد قوي من الجن، "أنا آتيك به قبل أن تقوم من مكانك ترتفع، والواقع، وأنا لهذا [المهمة] قوية وجديرة بالثقة.

A powerful one from among the jinn said, "I will bring it to you before you rise from your place, and indeed, I am for this [task] strong and trustworthy.

27:40

وقال أحد الذين لديهم المعرفة من الكتاب المقدس، "سأحضر إليك قبل إرجاع محة إليك." وعندما [سليمان] رأيت ذلك وضعت أمامه، وقال: "هذا من صالح ربي لاختبار ما إذا كان لي وسوف أكون ممتنا أو ناكر للجميل ولمن هو ممتنة -. امتنانه ليست سوى ل[صالح] نفسه . ولمن هو ناكر للجميل - ثم في الواقع، ربي خال من الحاجة وسخية ".

Said one who had knowledge from the Scripture, "I will bring it to you before your glance returns to you." And when [solomon] saw it placed before him, he said, "This is from the favor of my Lord to test me whether I will be grateful or ungrateful. And whoever is grateful - his gratitude is only for [the benefit of] himself. And whoever is ungrateful - then indeed, my Lord is Free of need and Generous."

Guest Thomas

Was Solomon an eternal priest, prophet, and king? The bible clearly states he was a wise king that got sucked into adultery and idolatry. Can a prophet that falls from grace lose his station with God? How is a priest defined?

We know Solomon was a great king.

The Great Isaiah Scroll (1QIsaa)

Chapter 9 : Verse 6

That the government may be increased, and of peace there be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it through justice and through righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of HaShem of hosts doth perform this.

Was Solomon an Eternal Priest?

Hebrews 7

7:1 Now this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, met Abraham as he was returning from defeating the kings and blessed him.

7:2 To him also Abraham apportioned a tithe of everything. His name first means king of righteousness, then king of Salem, that is, king of peace.

7:3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, he has neither beginning of days nor end of life but is like the son of God, and he remains a priest for all time.

7:4 But see how great he must be, if Abraham the patriarch gave him a tithe of his plunder.

7:5 And those of the sons of Levi who receive the priestly office have authorization according to the law to collect a tithe from the people, that is, from their fellow countrymen, although they too are descendants of Abraham.

7:6 But Melchizedek who does not share their ancestry collected a tithe from Abraham and blessed the one who possessed the promise.

7:7 Now without dispute the inferior is blessed by the superior,

7:8 and in one case tithes are received by mortal men, while in the other by him who is affirmed to be alive.

7:9 And it could be said that Levi himself, who receives tithes, paid a tithe through Abraham.

7:10 For he was still in his ancestor Abraham’s loins when Melchizedek met him.

Does Solomon fit description of Prophet?

The Didache

Chapter 11. Concerning Teachers, Apostles, and Prophets

Let every apostle that comes to you be received as the Lord. But he shall not remain except one day; but if there be need, also the next; but if he remain three days, he is a false prophet. And when the apostle goes away, let him take nothing but bread until he lodges; but if he ask money, he is a false prophet. And every prophet that speaks in the Spirit you shall neither try nor judge; for every sin shall be forgiven, but this sin shall not be forgiven. But not every one that speaks in the Spirit is a prophet; but only if he hold the ways of the Lord. Therefore from their ways shall the false prophet and the prophet be known. And every prophet who orders a meal in the Spirit eats not from it, except indeed he be a false prophet; and every prophet who teaches the truth, if he do not what he teaches, is a false prophet. And every prophet, proved true, working unto the mystery of the Church in the world, yet not teaching others to do what he himself does, shall not be judged among you, for with God he has his judgment; for so did also the ancient prophets. But whoever says in the Spirit, Give me money, or something else, you shall not listen to him; but if he says to you to give for others' sake who are in need, let no one judge him.

Scripture shows that God choose to communicate with Solomon through his dreams. God also gives Solomon supernatural wisdom to judge his people. In addition, God prophesies that He will give Solomon a long life and wealth beyond his dreams as long as he follows the law. At this point Solomon would be considered a Prophet King.

1 Kings 3

3:5 One night in Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream. God said, “Tell me what I should give you.”

3:6 Solomon replied, “You demonstrated great loyalty to your servant, my father David, as he served you faithfully, properly, and sincerely. You have maintained this great loyalty to this day by allowing his son to sit on his throne.

3:7 Now, O Lord my God, you have made your servant king in my father David’s place, even though I am only a young man and am inexperienced.

3:8 Your servant stands among your chosen people; they are a great nation that is too numerous to count or number.

3:9 So give your servant a discerning mind so he can make judicial decisions for your people and distinguish right from wrong. Otherwise no one is able to make judicial decisions for this great nation of yours.”

3:10 The Lord was pleased that Solomon made this request.

3:11 God said to him, “Because you asked for the ability to make wise judicial decisions, and not for long life, or riches, or vengeance on your enemies,

3:12 I grant your request, and give you a wise and discerning mind superior to that of anyone who has preceded or will succeed you.

3:13 Furthermore, I am giving you what you did not request – riches and honor so that you will be the greatest king of your generation.

3:14 If you follow my instructions by obeying my rules and regulations, just as your father David did, then I will grant you long life.”

3:15 Solomon then woke up and realized it was a dream. He went to Jerusalem, stood before the ark of the Lord’s covenant, offered up burnt sacrifices, presented peace offerings, and held a feast for all his servants.

The second time God appeared to Solomon the Father Almighty promised to dwell in the temple built for him. But, God warned Solomon a second time that if Solomon turned his back on God then the Father would leave the temple and destroy Israel.

1 Kings 9

9:1 After Solomon finished building the Lord’s temple, the royal palace, and all the other construction projects he had planned,

9:2 the Lord appeared to Solomon a second time, in the same way he had appeared to him at Gibeon.

9:3 The Lord said to him, “I have answered your prayer and your request for help that you made to me. I have consecrated this temple you built by making it my permanent home; I will be constantly present there.

9:4 You must serve me with integrity and sincerity, just as your father David did. Do everything I commanded and obey my rules and regulations.

9:5 Then I will allow your dynasty to rule over Israel permanently, just as I promised your father David, ‘You will not fail to have a successor on the throne of Israel.’

9:6 “But if you or your sons ever turn away from me, fail to obey the regulations and rules I instructed you to keep, and decide to serve and worship other gods,

9:7 then I will remove Israel from the land I have given them, I will abandon this temple I have consecrated with my presence, and Israel will be mocked and ridiculed among all the nations.

9:8 This temple will become a heap of ruins; everyone who passes by it will be shocked and will hiss out their scorn, saying, ‘Why did the Lord do this to this land and this temple?’

9:9 Others will then answer, ‘Because they abandoned the Lord their God, who led their ancestors out of Egypt. They embraced other gods whom they worshiped and served. That is why the Lord has brought all this disaster down on them.’”

Many Kings made offerings to their gods. Every Sunday people of Christian faiths give offerings of money to God and their church. So I would not deem making an offering a priestly function.

1 Kings 3

3:4 The king went to Gibeon to offer sacrifices, for it had the most prominent of the high places. Solomon would offer up a thousand burnt sacrifices on the altar there.

This passage reveals that Solomon prayed with his subjects and then went to the alter and performed the offering ritual. Scripture does not mention other priest helping him. This is a priestly function.

2 Chronicles 1

1:2 Solomon addressed all Israel, including those who commanded units of a thousand and a hundred, the judges, and all the leaders of all Israel who were heads of families.

1:3 Solomon and the entire assembly went to the worship center in Gibeon, for the tent where they met God was located there, which Moses the Lord’s servant had made in the wilderness.

1:4 (Now David had brought up the ark of God from Kiriath Jearim to the place he had prepared for it, for he had pitched a tent for it in Jerusalem.

1:5 But the bronze altar made by Bezalel son of Uri, son of Hur, was in front of the Lord’s tabernacle. Solomon and the entire assembly prayed to him there.)

1:6 Solomon went up to the bronze altar before the Lord which was at the meeting tent, and he offered up a thousand burnt sacrifices.

This passage of scripture reveals that God favored Solomon.

2 Samuel 12

24 And David comforted Bath-sheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her; and she bore a son, and called his name Solomon. And the LORD loved him;

25 and He sent by the hand of Nathan the prophet, and he called his name Jedidiah, for the LORD'S sake.

As a Catholic I believe that God made Lucifer the greatest of all angels. God gave Lucifer the free choice to follow his pride or follow the Father Almighty's plan. Pride or Humility. Lucifer choose pride and fell from God's Grace. The same can happen for even the most powerful of mortal men. Moses, Sampson, David, Solomon, and many others fell from God's Grace. But, each prophet understood their mistake and repented. Lucifer never has. This is why his Sin is the greatest.

As a mortal man Jesus stayed pure and followed all God's commandments and sacrificed himself for the benefit of mankind. This makes him the greatest of all priests, prophets, and kings.

Jesus-Priest-Prophet-King.jpg

Guest Thomas

Today's definition of prophets.

http://nehandaradio....ars-for-sodomy/

A 30 year old prophet who sodomised his client aged 17, after telling him that he had to undergo a cleansing ceremony has been jailed for 13 years.

Samuel Mauride of Budiriro 4 Extension had initially been slapped with a 16 year term behind bars before the court set aside three years for five years on condition of good behaviour.

http://nehandaradio....rshipers-in-sa/

JOHANNESBURG - Tuesday night, youthful and charismatic preacher Prophet Uebert Angel of the Spirit Embassy church promised over 1000 cosmopolitan worshippers 'miracle fuel' in their car tanks during a sold-out religious event here.

http://nehandaradio....ple-have-twins/

HARARE – A couple that has failed to have children for 16 years was recently advised to have sex twice in a space of 15 minutes in order to have children after a prophet's prayer recently.

Founder and prophet, Osei Asare Tutu, of Miracle Gate Chapel International advised the couple to have sex twice between 10:15 pm and 10:30 pm saying that they have received grace and wound conceive twins.

http://www.opposingv...anned-terrorist

Self-proclaimed prophet Cindy Jacobs recently claimed on a broadcast of her TV show "God Knows" that she prevented a terrorist attack and exposed a sleeper cell in Niagara Falls, New York via prayer

This is the first explicit reference to a prophet in the Old Testament. Scripture reveals here that Prophet can be married and can intercede on one's fate with the Lord.

Genesis 20:7

2 And Abraham said of Sarah his wife: 'She is my sister.' And Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.

3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream of the night, and said to him: 'Behold, thou shalt die, because of the woman whom thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

4 Now Abimelech had not come near her; and he said: 'LORD, wilt Thou slay even a righteous nation?

5 Said he not himself unto me: She is my sister? and she, even she herself said: He is my brother. In the simplicity of my heart and the innocency of my hands have I done this.'

6 And God said unto him in the dream: 'Yea, I know that in the simplicity of thy heart thou hast done this, and I also withheld thee from sinning against Me. Therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

7 Now therefore restore the man's wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live; and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.'

A prophet to come must be not just from Israel but an Israelite by blood.

18:15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you – from your fellow Israelites; you must listen to him.

18:16 This accords with what happened at Horeb in the day of the assembly. You asked the Lord your God: “Please do not make us hear the voice of the Lord our God any more or see this great fire any more lest we die.”

18:17 The Lord then said to me, “What they have said is good.

18:18 I will raise up a prophet like you for them from among their fellow Israelites. I will put my words in his mouth and he will speak to them whatever I command.

18:19 I will personally hold responsible anyone who then pays no attention to the words that prophet speaks in my name.

18:20 “But if any prophet presumes to speak anything in my name that I have not authorized him to speak, or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.

18:21 Now if you say to yourselves, ‘How can we tell that a message is not from the Lord?’

18:22 whenever a prophet speaks in my name and the prediction is not fulfilled, then I have not spoken it; the prophet has presumed to speak it, so you need not fear him.”

David organized members of Levitical families to serve as temple musicians. Besides being a priest, prophet, and king; David was mystro of God's music ensemble.

1 Chronicles 25

1 Moreover David and the captains of the host separated for the service certain of the sons of Asaph, and of Heman, and of Jeduthun, who should prophesy with harps, with psalteries, and with cymbals; and the number of them that did the work according to their service was:

2 of the sons of Asaph: Zaccur, and Joseph, and Nethaniah, and Asarelah, the sons of Asaph; under the hand of Asaph, who prophesied according to the direction of the king.

3 Of Jeduthun: the sons of Jeduthun: Gedaliah, and Zeri, and Jeshaiah, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six; under the hands of their father Jeduthun with the harp, who prophesied in giving thanks and praising the LORD. {S}

4 Of Heman: the sons of Heman: Bukkiah, Mattaniah, Uzziel, Shebuel, and Jerimoth, Hananiah, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti, and Romamti-ezer, Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir, Mahazioth;

5 all these were the sons of Heman the king's seer in the things pertaining to God, to lift up the horn. And God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters.

6 All these were under the hands of their fathers for song in the house of the LORD, with cymbals, psalteries, and harps, for the service of the house of God, according to the direction of the king--Asaph, Jeduthun, and Heman.

7 And the number of them, with their brethren that were instructed in singing unto the LORD, even all that were skilful, was two hundred fourscore and eight.

Sons of Korah Psalm 117 LIVE All You Peoples All you Nations

God's Covenant with David

II Shmuel 7

4. And it came to pass on the same night, that the word of God was to Nathan saying:

5. "Go and say to My servant, to David; so says the Lord: 'Shall you build Me a house for My dwelling?

6. For I have not dwelt in a house from the day that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle.

7. In all [the places] wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel, did I speak a word with any of the rulers of Israel whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, saying: 'Why do you not build for me a house of cedar?'

8. And now, so shall you say to My servant, to David; 'Thus says the Lord of Hosts. I took you from the sheep cote, from following the sheep, to be a leader over My people Israel.

9. And I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made for you a great name, like the name of the great ones that are in the earth.

10. And I will appoint a place for My people, for Israel, and I will plant them, and they will dwell in their own place, and be disturbed no more; and the wicked people shall not continue to afflict them as formerly.

11. And even from the day that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel; and I will give you rest from all your enemies. And the Lord has told you that the Lord will make for you a house.

12. When your days are finished and you shall lie with your forefathers, then I will raise up your seed that shall proceed from your body after you, and I will establish his kingdom.

13. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

14. I will be to him a father, and he shall be to Me a son; so that when he goes astray I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the sons of Adam.

15. But My mercy shall not depart from him as I withdrew it from Saul, whom I removed from before you.

16. And your house and your kingdom shall be confirmed forever before you; your throne shall be established forever."

Queen Elizabeth II shares the title of monarch like David. She may be considered a priestess as head of the Anglican Church. But, I never have heard her discourse her intimate conversations with God or act as a seer to the future. Here new Magna Carta II will for certain shape the future. I will have research her genealogy. Scripture dictates the succession of David's kingdom.

II Shmuel 23

1. And these are the last words of David; the saying of David the son of Jesse, and the saying of the man raised on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet singer of Israel.

2. The spirit of the Lord spoke in me, And His word was upon my tongue.

3. The God of Israel said, concerning me spoke the Rock of Israel; 'A ruler over men shall be the righteous (man), he that rules in the fear of God.

4. And as the light of the morning (when) the sun shines; a morning without clouds, more than the light that follows the rain that falls upon the grass of the earth.

5. For my house is not so with God. For an everlasting covenant has He made with me, fully set forth and heeded for all my salvation and all the desire [is before Him], for He will not sprout forth [another on the throne].

6. But the wicked are all as thorns thrust away, for they cannot be taken in hand.

7. But if a man touch them, he should be armed with iron and the staff of a spear; and with fire they shall be utterly burned in their place.

Jesus went further to describe the Kingdom of God in the parable of the weeds.

Matthew 13

13:24 He presented them with another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a person who sowed good seed in his field.

13:25 But while everyone was sleeping, an enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away.

13:26 When the plants sprouted and bore grain, then the weeds also appeared.

13:27 So the slaves of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Then where did the weeds come from?’

13:28 He said, ‘An enemy has done this.’ So the slaves replied, ‘Do you want us to go and gather them?’

13:29 But he said, ‘No, since in gathering the weeds you may uproot the wheat with them.

13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At harvest time I will tell the reapers, “First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned, but then gather the wheat into my barn.’”

par5.jpg

Guest wiki

Darnel or cockle usually grows in the same production zones as wheat and is considered a weed. The similarity between these two plants is so great that in some regions, darnel is referred to as "false wheat."

Guest Julia

You may want to research whether Queen Elizabeth II is descended from Mohammed as well

http://www.college-o...v.uk/contact-us

United Press International

October 10, 1986

Muslims in Buckingham Palace

Mixed in with Queen Elizabeth’s blue blood is the blood of the Moslem prophet Mohammed, according to Burke’s Peerage, the genealogical guide to royalty. The relation came out when Harold B. Brooks-Baker, publishing director of Burke’s, wrote Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher to ask for better security for the royal family. ”The royal family’s direct descent from the prophet Mohammed cannot be relied upon to protect the royal family forever from Moslem terrorists,” he said. Probably realizing the connection would be a surprise to many, he added, ”It is little known by the British people that the blood of Mohammed flows in the veins of the queen. However, all Moslem religious leaders are proud of this fact.”

Brooks-Baker said the British royal family is descended from Mohammed through the Arab kings of Seville, who once ruled Spain. By marriage, their blood passed to the European kings of Portugal and Castille, and through them to England’s 15th century King Edward IV. ‘

http://www.juancole.com/about

Juan Cole is Richard P. Mitchell Collegiate Professor of History at the University of Michigan. For three decades, he has sought to put the relationship of the West and the Muslim world in historical context.

Either Harold B. Brooks-Baker or Juan Cole's claim could be fake.

I have contacted the College of Arms and asked the following:

Friday, May 3 2013

I would like to know if there is any truth to Her majesty being a descendant of King David of Judah and the Prophet Mohammed? As you know there are stories going around on the internet that state that is the case. Thank you in advance.

All the Best,

Luke Wilbur

I had the honor of receiving a letter from Timothy Hugh Stewart Duke, officer of arms at the College of Arms in London stating that it is true that genealogist have traced the royal family to the biblical King David.

Subject: Royal ancestry

Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 19:55:23 +0100

Timothy Duke

Chester Herald

College of Arms

130 Queen Victoria Street

London EC4V 4BT

Tel and fax: 44 (0) 20 7236 7728

Dear Mr Wilbur,

Thank you for your email of 3 May which was passed to me as Officer in Waiting. Genealogists have traced the descent of the British Royal family from the biblical King David, said to be the second King of the United Kingdom of Israel. For example, the descent of the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII) from King David is set out in the Rev W M H Milner's The Royal House of Britain an Enduring Dynasty (London, 1902), accompanied by a detailed pedigree chart. This book was published in numerous editions, at least up to 1940, so you will find it in a good referecence library or through a website such as Abebooks

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&an=milner&sortby=3&tn=The+royal+House+of+Britain&kn=&isbn=&x=24&y=13 Of course, proof of the early links in the descent would be difficult, if not impossible, to obtain.

I cannot immediately give you any example of a supposed descent of the British Royal family from the Prophet Mohammed and have no idea whether such a descent has been suggested.

Yours sincerely,

Timothy Duke

Chester Herald

In this passage we learn that although David, was a Priest, Prophet, and King that was not enough to build God's temple. God wanted His architect to be pure in keeping with all his commandments to build his house. God also puts a condition on whether Solomon's kingdom will be permanent. Solomon must remain pure as well.

1 Chronicles 28

28:2 King David rose to his feet and said: “Listen to me, my brothers and my people. I wanted to build a temple where the ark of the Lord’s covenant could be placed as a footstool for our God. I have made the preparations for building it.

28:3 But God said to me, ‘You must not build a temple to honor me, for you are a warrior and have spilled blood.

28:4 The Lord God of Israel chose me out of my father’s entire family to become king over Israel and have a permanent dynasty. Indeed, he chose Judah as leader, and my father’s family within Judah, and then he picked me out from among my father’s sons and made me king over all Israel.

28:5 From all the many sons the Lord has given me, he chose Solomon my son to rule on his behalf over Israel.

28:6 He said to me, ‘Solomon your son is the one who will build my temple and my courts, for I have chosen him to become my son and I will become his father.

28:7 I will establish his kingdom permanently, if he remains committed to obeying my commands and regulations, as you are doing this day.

As we see David did not obey God's commandments by plotting and ordering the death of his loyal soldier and husband of the woman he committed adultery with.

735px-Gerome_Bethseba.jpg

2 Samuel 11

11:1 In the spring of the year, at the time when kings normally conduct wars, David sent out Joab with his officers and the entire Israelite army. They defeated the Ammonites and besieged Rabbah. But David stayed behind in Jerusalem.

11:2 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of his palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. Now this woman was very attractive.

11:3 So David sent someone to inquire about the woman. The messenger said, “Isn’t this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?

11:4 David sent some messengers to get her. She came to him and he had sexual relations with her. 1(Now at that time she was in the process of purifying herself from her menstrual uncleanness.) Then she returned to her home.

11:5 The woman conceived and then sent word to David saying, “I’m pregnant.”

11:6 So David sent a message to Joab that said, “Send me Uriah the Hittite.” So Joab sent Uriah to David.

11:7 When Uriah came to him, David asked about how Joab and the army were doing and how the campaign was going.

11:8 Then David said to Uriah, “Go down to your home and relax.” When Uriah left the palace, the king sent a gift to him.

11:9 But Uriah stayed at the door of the palace with all the servants of his lord. He did not go down to his house.

11:10 So they informed David, “Uriah has not gone down to his house.” So David said to Uriah, “Haven’t you just arrived from a journey? Why haven’t you gone down to your house?”

11:11 Uriah replied to David, “The ark and Israel and Judah reside in temporary shelters, and my lord Joab and my lord’s soldiers are camping in the open field. Should I go to my house to eat and drink and have marital relations with my wife? As surely as you are alive,I will not do this thing!”

11:12 So David said to Uriah, “Stay here another day. Tomorrow I will send you back.” So Uriah stayed in Jerusalem both that day and the following one.

11:13 Then David summoned him. He ate and drank with him, and got him drunk. But in the evening he went out to sleep on his bed with the servants of his lord; he did not go down to his own house.

11:14 In the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it with Uriah.

11:15 In the letter he wrote: “Station Uriah in the thick of the battle and then withdraw from him so he will be cut down and killed.

11:16 So as Joab kept watch on the city, he stationed Uriah at the place where he knew the best enemy soldiers were.

11:17 When the men of the city came out and fought with Joab, some of David’s soldiers fell in battle. Uriah the Hittite also died.

11:18 Then Joab sent a full battle report to David.

11:19 He instructed the messenger as follows: “When you finish giving the battle report to the king,

11:20 if the king becomes angry and asks you, ‘Why did you go so close to the city to fight? Didn’t you realize they would shoot from the wall?

11:21 Who struck down Abimelech the son of Jerub-Besheth? Didn’t a woman throw an upper millstone down on him from the wall so that he died in Thebez? Why did you go so close to the wall?’ just say to him, ‘Your servant Uriah the Hittite is also dead.’”

11:22 So the messenger departed. When he arrived, he informed David of all the news that Joab had sent with him.

11:23 The messenger said to David, “The men overpowered us and attacked us in the field. But we forced them to retreat all the way to the door of the city gate.

11:24 Then the archers shot at your servants from the wall and some of the king’s soldiers died. Your servant Uriah the Hittite is also dead.

11:25 David said to the messenger, “Tell Joab, ‘Don’t let this thing upset you. There is no way to anticipate whom the sword will cut down. Press the battle against the city and conquer it.’ Encourage him with these words.”

11:26 When Uriah’s wife heard that her husband Uriah was dead, she mourned for him.

11:27 When the time of mourning passed, David had her brought to his palace. She became his wife and she bore him a son. But what David had done upset the Lord.

Uriah_killed.jpg

Although David did repent God took his first born and let his officers sleep with his concubine before the KIng's eyes.

2 Samuel 12

12:1 So the Lord sent Nathan to David. When he came to David, Nathan said, “There were two men in a certain city, one rich and the other poor.

12:2 The rich man had a great many flocks and herds.

12:3 But the poor man had nothing except for a little lamb he had acquired. He raised it, and it grew up alongside him and his children. It used to eat his food, drink from his cup, and sleep in his arms. It was just like a daughter to him.

12:4 “When a traveler arrived at the rich man’s home, he did not want to use one of his own sheep or cattle to feed the traveler who had come to visit him. Instead, he took the poor man’s lamb and cooked it for the man who had come to visit him.”

12:5 Then David became very angry at this man. He said to Nathan, “As surely as the Lord lives, the man who did this deserves to die!

12:6 Because he committed this cold-hearted crime, he must pay for the lamb four times over!”

12:7 Nathan said to David, “You are that man! This is what the Lord God of Israel says: ‘I chose you to be king over Israel and I rescued you from the hand of Saul.

12:8 I gave you your master’s house, and put your master’s wives into your arms. 16 I also gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all that somehow seems insignificant, I would have given you so much more as well!

12:9 Why have you shown contempt for the word of the Lord by doing evil in my sight? You have struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and you have taken his wife as your own! You have killed him with the sword of the Ammonites.

12:10 So now the sword will never depart from your house. For you have despised me by taking the wife of Uriah the Hittite as your own!’

12:11 This is what the Lord says: ‘I am about to bring disaster on you from inside your own household! Right before your eyes I will take your wives and hand them over to your companion. He will have sexual relations with your wives in broad daylight!

12:12 Although you have acted in secret, I will do this thing before all Israel, and in broad daylight.’”

12:13 Then David exclaimed to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord!” Nathan replied to David, “Yes, and the Lord has forgiven your sin. You are not going to die.

12:14 Nonetheless, because you have treated the Lord with such contempt in this matter, the son who has been born to you will certainly die.

12:15 Then Nathan went to his home. The Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife had borne to David, and the child became very ill.

12:16 Then David prayed to God for the child and fasted. He would even go and spend the night lying on the ground.

12:17 The elders of his house stood over him and tried to lift him from the ground, but he was unwilling, and refused to eat food with them.

12:18 On the seventh day the child died. But the servants of David were afraid to inform him that the child had died, for they said, “While the child was still alive he would not listen to us when we spoke to him. How can we tell him that the child is dead? He will do himself harm!”

12:19 When David saw that his servants were whispering to one another, he realized that the child was dead. So David asked his servants, “Is the child dead?” They replied, “Yes, he’s dead.

12:20 So David got up from the ground, bathed, put on oil, and changed his clothes. He went to the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then, when he entered his palace, he requested that food be brought to him, and he ate.

12:21 His servants said to him, “What is this that you have done? While the child was still alive, you fasted and wept. Once the child was dead you got up and ate food!”

12:22 He replied, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept because I thought, ‘Perhaps the Lord will show pity and the child will live.

12:23 But now he is dead. Why should I fast? Am I able to bring him back? I will go to him, but he cannot return to me!’”

12:24 So David comforted his wife Bathsheba. He went to her and had marital relations with her. She gave birth to a son, and David named him Solomon. Now the Lord loved the child

12:25 and sent word through Nathan the prophet that he should be named Jedidiah for the Lord’s sake.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.