Washington DC Message Boards

BLOGGER JIMBO IS RIGHT ABOUT SAM BROOKS

Blogger Jimbo wrote a commentary stating that the only people attracted to SAM BROOKS are the shallow minded members of the gay community because he is shallow minded and vain and the attraction was purely sexual but the majority of the gay community see through him and did not and will not vote for him and that is why 90% of the gay community that did vote last time round voted for Kwame Brown not Sweet Cheeks Brooks.

Who is blogger Jimbo? Provided a link.

Blogger Jimbo wrote a commentary stating that the only people attracted to SAM BROOKS are the shallow minded members of the gay community because he is shallow minded and vain and the attraction was purely sexual but the majority of the gay community see through him and did not and will not vote for him and that is why 90% of the gay community that did vote last time round voted for Kwame Brown not Sweet Cheeks Brooks.

Well, provide a link to anything you are talking about. Otherwise it is more and more evident that you just continue to blather on without any proof or evidence to back anything up.

B. Frank

JIMBO is not the only blogger who has attacked Sam Brooks as being a twink but also there are others who say that all of his contributors are GAY REPUBLICANS.

Do your own research Bfrank.

JIMBO is not the only blogger who has attacked Sam Brooks as being a twink but also there are others

I personally find it fascinating that the self-described anti-gay bigot displays an amazing facility for in-group slang, if you catch my meaning. It's in the first post in this thread, and several others. A familiarity with the nuanced languaged of the group that's unusual for this poster, who seems to have a limited capacity for both language and nuance, or any understanding of the mores of groups with whom he's unfamiliar.

This is because "homophobia" despite our pal's assertion to the contrary, doesn't indicate that someone is "against the gay community." It indicates, in psychological terms, that someone is so tormented by one's own latent homoerotic desires that he turns on openly homosexual people, on the very idea of homosexuality, in a vain attempt to eradicate them from oneself. It's fascinating to watch. The poster has long seemed to me to have a big, throbbing, obsessive, unrequited crush on a certain straight council candidate. Were I a psychologist, I'd go so far as to say that's the motivation behind all this.

But of course I am not.

Edited by truthseeker

Funny, this is what Jimbo actually said.

http://www.jimbo.info/weblog/archives/2005/10/index.html

October 19, 2005

cute candidates, drag queens, aquaman, gay cowboys, marines

I mentioned Sam Brooks before with hopes that he would be running for mayor of DC, but I'll have to settle for the preppy cutie for DC City Council Ward 3 (Georgetown area) representative instead. While the 25 year old dreamy DC native has a campaign website, it looks like he needs some design and content management help with it. I volunteer! It's actually the only way I could support him, since I'm a Ward 1 resident and voting for him would be moot.

Worldwide Dungeons and Dragons Day November 5. Geek out at your local select hobby and toy stores and maybe score some quality geek schwag. For a 24-hour period, enthusiasts are invited to participate in campaigns designed especially for the event.

October might as well be Gay Pride Month, or perhaps Tranny Pride as the drag race is next Tuesday (I might be running, more news at 11) and Saturday is the Miss Adams Morgan Pageant. I will be rooting for Miss Arizona.

Queer geeks are not to miss out on Thursday's episode of Smallville on the WB, featuring the debut of an unbelieveably hunky Aquaman (Props to Just Jared). And tonight is the season premiere of my favorite, Drawn Together on Comedy Central.

Or it could be this one http://www.jimbo.info/weblog/archives/2005...dex.html#003315 that is again doesn't say anything ear what you tried to say it did Rees, you psychotic bastard. You've really given crazy a new name Rees. You've taken it to a whole new level.

September 20, 2005

shallow gay dc voters demand cute mayoral candidates

As the DC mayoral race heats up between Mr. Orange, Mr. Blackberry and Mrs. Cropp (in the billiard room with a candlestick), I reminisce back to the last election for DC city council, where a dreamy, 24-year old Sam Brooks ran, but failed in his bid. Mr. Brooks, wouldn't this be an opportune time to run again? I'm not saying the other candidates are butt-ugly, but it would please me to see your sparkly smile out there again. 'swoon!'

An unrelated Scott Brooks is showing his artwork at Gallery Neptune through October 1. I'm no art critic, but I like it as his work reminds me of the droopy love child of Norman Rockwell and Tony DiTerlizzi.

You queens kill me... on a typical post about scruff, woof, etc. I'll get the usual suspects commenting on such things. But when I make a shout out for skin care tips or furniture advice, I get just as many, if not more, gay commenters coming out of the woodwork to share. Commenters who normally lurk around reading, who seem to by DYING to tell me how to decorate. I'm not doggessing, it just strikes me as funny. Anyhow, 9 out of 10 homos prefer Leksvik style furniture, but on the advice of one homo furniture advisor, I found this lovely mission-style cocktail table. Again, I agonize...this time it's Leksvik vs. Mission.

Posted by jimbo at 10:29 AM | Comments (16)

Thanks JustPassingThrough! Primary source material with a working link is always appreciated, as opposed to vague recollections and WHOLLY inaccurate characterizations. You rock.

Of course its fascinating how completely removed Jimbo's comments are from our capslock-challenged poster's summary of it. More notable, however, is the absence of the word "twink" . "Deep Throat" (ahem) seems intriguingly familiar with the lingo.

Not to mention with any of the literary devices, like self-parody, Jimbo employs...I think the OP really doesn't understand Jimbo's post at all. Read through some of the posts here, if you dare, and you'll find that humor, other than the most grotesque, juvenile sort, just goes right over his head.

I should also like to point out that there are no credible statistics available anywhere that support that completely ridiculous claim about how 90% of the gay community voted last time. Call the BOEE and ask them if the keep statistics on voting based on orientation. I have. They don't. Nor does any media outlet. It's another fabrication out of whole cloth. As always, I challenge the OP to provide any supporting link or documentation. And don't tell me to "do the research myself." I already have.

Edited by truthseeker