Washington DC Message Boards

Jonathan Rees' name

What was Jonathan Rees' name before he changed it?

According to this post on Rees' own Yahoo Group, he changed his name "upon immigrating to the USA." What was his name before he changed it to Rees? Why did he change it? And what country did Rees immigrate from?

(The post that Rees is referring to by John Capozzi was made on the e-newsletter, "themail," not "The Watch," as Rees said. You can view the current issue of themail at www.dcwatch.com.)

----------------------------------------------------

JOSEPH STALIN…DICTATOR or SOCIAL ENGINEER

For the record, I see myself as a middle of the road Democrat and of

recent as posted in "The Watch" John Capozzi questioned by comparing

our DC City Council to Joseph Stalin where below I questioned his

knowledge and why he left DC for the suburbs.

John Capozzi in a recent posting here on "The Watch" questioned my

knowledge of Joseph Stalin. While it might be a matter of

interpretation, Stalin has often been called the "Great Social

Engineer" in that he believed that human behavior could be

controlled by the State if certain laws and regulations were enacted

to that extent. Thus, Stalin believed that society would be better

off if the state decided how it should live. My comparing our

current City Council to Stalin might seem a bit heavy handed but the

shoe does fit as most of our council members are behaving like

Stalinists and not Democrats of the American persuasion as they

really don't go back to the voters for input before pushing

legislation but behave like we cannot be trusted to decide our own

future.

While Mr. Capozzi and I are of Italian decent although I changed my

name upon immigrating to the USA, if anyone grew up in Europe but

specifically Sicily, Italy or other parts of southern Europe, our

city council is following the behavioral pattern of that of the

Stalinist politicians who ultimately failed and had to accept a more

realistic way of doing things that were adopted from the Social

Democrats.

This current crop of council members are following a Stalinist

approach to legislating, engaging in social engineering more so than

any other council in DC history, they are driving businesses and

people out with their unfair and cold hearted policies against the

poor and if what they have done was fine and dandy, I must ask Mr.

Capozzi what drove him out of DC for the suburbs. Was it our city

council's Stalinist approach he no longer wanted to pay for?

Not everybody who happens to like Rees or takes up for him is him as you and others want to believe.

If you had ever taken the time to know Rees then you would have learned that he was born in Sicily, Italy as Giovanni Luchese, family immigrated to the USA, it was his parents who made the name change as part of the naturalization process, he grew up between New York City and San Juan, Puerto Rico as his father was the president of Bigelow-Sanford Carpets, he was educated in NYC but keeps most of his personal records sealed, came to DC in 1979 with a job offer with the World Bank to manage their housing facility know as the Concordia Apartments over on NH & M.

Some are deliberately blinded to the facts or just never really took the time to learn them.

I like him because he is the only candidate running SO FAR who is really out there every day no matter what popping the voters with his (on the cheap) literature and keeps pounding away. I respect that.

Maybe you need to start asking questions instead of being a jerk and confrontational as you might get somewhere.

It would be so much easier to take any of this seriously if people accurately represented who they were. "Pam", how is it that you can post from the same IP address that "NikkiDix" did on both January 19th (4:29 AM) and January 21st (10:12 AM) -- 65.99.196.*?

As you could see from Luke Wilbur's post, I am not fibbing when I am posting IP addresses.

http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=7493

How is it "NikkiDix" has posted from the same IP addresses as so many of the other fake aliases posted here? How is it that all of these "many" people are so well versed on the intracacies of Mr. Rees's life?

B. Frank

Maybe you need to start asking questions instead of being a jerk and confrontational as you might get somewhere.

It strikes me as very odd that "Pam" replied to my question about Jonathan Rees' name change, but Rees did not.

Who, then, is the Giovanni Luchese who's been posting from Italy (he says) about Jonathan Rees on various listserves, incuding Palisades and WoodleyFriends.

Not everybody who happens to like Rees or takes up for him is him as you and others want to believe.

If you had ever taken the time to know Rees then you would have learned that he was born in Sicily, Italy as Giovanni Luchese, family immigrated to the USA, it was his parents who made the name change as part of the naturalization process, he grew up between New York City and San Juan, Puerto Rico as his father was the president of Bigelow-Sanford Carpets, he was educated in NYC but keeps most of his personal records sealed, came to DC in 1979 with a job offer with the World Bank to manage their housing facility know as the Concordia Apartments over on NH & M.

Some are deliberately blinded to the facts or just never really took the time to learn them.

I like him because he is the only candidate running SO FAR who is really out there every day no matter what popping the voters with his (on the cheap) literature and keeps pounding away. I respect that.

Factchecker...Giovanni Luchese is Rees birth name.

Rees has twin daughters and both are in Europe. They are the ones who are messing with you not Rees himself. One works for BASF and the other is the computer whiz lady for American Express and oversees their network throughout Europe.

They have tons of friends here in the DC area and probably are the cast of characters engaging all of you.

It strikes me as very odd that \"Pam\" replied to my question about Jonathan Rees\' name change, but Rees did not.

Who, then, is the Giovanni Luchese who\'s been posting from Italy (he says) about Jonathan Rees on various listserves, incuding Palisades and WoodleyFriends.

Why hasn't Rees included biographical information on his website, rees-for-citycouncil.com? There's no mention on his website of Rees having immigrated to the United States, of being born in Italy, or anything like that.

What is your relationship to Jonathan Rees? You do seem to know an awful lot about Jonathan Rees.

Rees has twin daughters and both are in Europe. They are the ones who are messing with you not Rees himself. One works for BASF and the other is the computer whiz lady for American Express and oversees their network throughout Europe.

They have tons of friends here in the DC area and probably are the cast of characters engaging all of you.

Pam,

This is very interesting. You see, "Anita Rees" was posting on DCist during the Mayoral Forum in the fall:

http://www.dcist.com/archives/2005/11/08/w...s_in_ward_3.php

She claimed that she was the oldest Rees at 30, while her siblings were 25 and 16. This harkens back to another misnomer where Mr. Rees claimed to have three kids, two kids and was childless.

So, which is it?

B. Frank

I am taking over this fun stuff for my father who had to leave for the mayoral debate which Brooks was not given a ticket to.

Any of you lefties have anything intelligent to say?

Posted by: Anita Rees | November 9, 2005 07:54 PM

"Anita" -- are you related to "Gabriella Rees," who posted on DC Pages?

Posted by: Joe | November 9, 2005 08:34 PM

Gabriella is my sister. My brother is Jason. I am the oldest at 30.

Posted by: Anita Rees | November 9, 2005 08:40 PM

Are you guys going to appear on Family Feud anytime soon?

Posted by: DCeiver | November 9, 2005 08:45 PM

That is a good question as our ages are 30, 25 and 16. I win.

Posted by: Anita Rees | November 9, 2005 08:47 PM

Sam Brooks has his bio on his campaign's website, www.brooks2006.com. I don't know who the other declared candidates are, but I bet that they either do or will have their biographical material posted on their campaign websites.

But www.rees-for-citycouncil.com is a big zero. The only thing we know for sure about Rees is that he likes a band called "Collective Soul," which is featured on his website.

Why hasn't Rees included biographical information on his website, rees-for-citycouncil.com? There's no mention on his website of Rees having immigrated to the United States, of being born in Italy, or anything like that.

What is your relationship to Jonathan Rees? You do seem to know an awful lot about Jonathan Rees.

The other candidates do not have a bio.

Brooks bio clearly shows that he has nowhere near the experience as does his rivals.

I am sure that the Washington Post will once again declare Brooks not competent to run for public office or qualified for the job.

Sam Brooks has his bio on his campaign\'s website, www.brooks2006.com. I don\'t know who the other declared candidates are, but I bet that they either do or will have their biographical material posted on their campaign websites.

But www.rees-for-citycouncil.com is a big zero. The only thing we know for sure about Rees is that he likes a band called \"Collective Soul,\" which is featured on his website.

Those of us who can read English can see that Sam Brooks has biographical information on his website --where he went to school, where he's worked, and more-- but Rees' bio is virtually empty.

Why won't Jonathan Rees share his biographical information? Is there a big secret to where he went to school and where Rees has been employed?

The other candidates do not have a bio.

Brooks bio clearly shows that he has nowhere near the experience as does his rivals.

I am sure that the Washington Post will once again declare Brooks not competent to run for public office or qualified for the job.

I cannot answer why Rees and two other candidates are not placing a bio but maybe it is to keep azz holes like you from harassing their employers or flooding others with stupid inquiries.

Those of us who can read English can see that Sam Brooks has biographical information on his website --where he went to school, where he\'s worked, and more-- but Rees\' bio is virtually empty.

Why won\'t Jonathan Rees share his biographical information? Is there a big secret to where he went to school and where Rees has been employed?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.