Washington DC Message Boards

Jonathan Rees speak the truth about Bfrankdc

That is actually pretty funny, because I had just called DCBEE to find out of there was an "Angela Brennan" or a "Tammy Bresloff" and they had no records of either. Neither name shows up in DC Phone Books, nor does either name show up in a Google search. Even my toddlers show up in a Google search.

It reminds me of an episode of "Inside Herman's Head".

B. Frank

I just placed a called to the DC Board of Elections and Ethics and spoke with the office of Kathy Fairley who confirms that there is no B. Frank registered as a voter in Ward 3.

Watch, B. Frank will soon appear under another name Factchecker

That is a lie Bfrank.

It is DC BOEE not DC BEE. That shows you do not know what you are talking about.

I live here but I am a student. Thus I cannot vote.

That is actually pretty funny, because I had just called DCBEE to find out of there was an \"Angela Brennan\" or a \"Tammy Bresloff\" and they had no records of either. Neither name shows up in DC Phone Books, nor does either name show up in a Google search. Even my toddlers show up in a Google search.

It reminds me of an episode of \"Inside Herman\'s Head\".

B. Frank

Why do I not registered? Because I will move back home to New York City when I am finished schooling.

My interest here is that I have never seen so much hatred coming from a person like you that it makes me wonder if your hate is for reasons other than what it appears. Beyond that, I hope to get involved in New York State politics.

In my mind, Mr. Rees has done no harm to you and you just do not stop and I think it is more personal than it is professional or the desire to size up candidates.

I am glad that you are deciding to take such an interest in the local politics.

I have no hatred towards Mr. Rees. I am trying to find out about him, but he clearly doesn't want to share the kind of information one would want to know about a candidate.

I find it curious that he spends all day on message boards and posts behind a proxy IP address (as do many of his supporters including you).

I think a fair and honest political candidate is candid about their education and professional experience, and is willing to engage the public in a fair and honest way. Hiding behind a proxy IP address doesn't constitute such honesty, in my opinion.

I am not sure where you see hatred. I am simply trying to get the truth about a candidate who posted flyers all over the neighborhood last summer, and whose name appears again and again in the context of pissing of website owners and forum moderators.

Certainly if there is any hatred, it comes from Mr. Rees who has used vulgarity and obfiscation to fuel his campaign.

If this this too much, then maybe politics is beyond your realm? I mean look at what Senator Clinton has endured and will endure if she runs for President in 2008. There is a tough cookie!

You accused me of lying, and then you backtracked and admitted that you were not indeed registered to vote. Is that hatred on your part? Can you at least be honest and admit that I wasn't lying when I said that you and "Angela" were not registered at DCBOEE?

B. Frank

Why do I not registered? Because I will move back home to New York City when I am finished schooling.

My interest here is that I have never seen so much hatred coming from a person like you that it makes me wonder if your hate is for reasons other than what it appears. Beyond that, I hope to get involved in New York State politics.

In my mind, Mr. Rees has done no harm to you and you just do not stop and I think it is more personal than it is professional or the desire to size up candidates.

Edited by bfrankdc

Assuming the information you have received is accurate and true and not something fabricated by a detractor then you would have some valid points but I suspect they are not.

I have no relationship to any of the candidates and I believe that the media has been rife with facts about Mr. Rees all round and I can see why he gets frustrated having to repeat such over and over again.

I hide behind no proxy as I use a Verizon DSL.

I am glad that you are deciding to take such an interest in the local politics.

I have no hatred towards Mr. Rees. I am trying to find out about him, but he clearly doesn\'t want to share the kind of information one would want to know about a candidate.

I find it curious that he spends all day on message boards and posts behind a proxy IP address (as do many of his supporters including you).

I think a fair and honest political candidate is candid about their education and professional experience, and is willing to engage the public ina fair and honest way. hiding behind a proxy IP address doesn\'t constitute such honest, in my opinion.

I am not sure where you see hatred. I am simply trying to get the truth about a candidate who posted flyers all over the neighborhood last summer, and whose name appears again and again in the context of pissing of website owners and forum moderators.

Certainly if there is any hatred, it comes from Mr. Rees who has used vulgarity and obfiscation to fuel his campaign.

If this this too much, then maybe politics is beyond your realm? I mean look at what Senator Clinton has enduered and will endure if she runs for President in 2008. There is a tough cookie!

You accused me of lying, and then you backtracked and admitted that you were not indeed registered to vote. Is that hatred on your part?

B. Frank

Thats funny, I thought you were a student.

Mr. Rees on the other hand preportedly has a career as you just described.

Game Set and Match.

B. Frank

That is vague. Consultant in what field?

My background has been in management but mainly in the area of working in the legal and legislative offices of the food, government and health care indsutries.

I went back to school after my divorce.

I was previously an office manager for Glaxo...Pharmaceuticals in their legal and legislative division.

I doubt I ever held anything as good as Mr. Rees as my work was just in one section not an entire operation.

How old are you? I am 45.

Was that here in DC or New York?

I was previously an office manager for Glaxo...Pharmaceuticals in their legal and legislative division.

I doubt I ever held anything as good as Mr. Rees as my work was just in one section not an entire operation.

Was that here in DC or New York?

Was that at the HQ in Philly?

B. Frank

Mr. Rees was right. I worked for them in NYS as the office there had inhouse counsel and libbyists but often would turn to a lawfirm of Skadden Arps when I was there.

When I first started, it was called Smith Kline & French and it got bought up in time by Glaxo.

Mr

I was responding to Tammy about where she worked for Glaxo.

B. Frank

No. FDA regulates the pharmaceutical industry. States may obviously regulate Pharma companies as corporate entities -- and of course they administer Medicaid, which affects how they do business -- but FDA essentially preempts any regulation related to their business model.

Glaxo is HQ'd in Philadelphia.

Sad that a layman like me knows more about the industry than a professional. I challange you to show me where in the FDA or legal guidelines there is a requirement for drug approval at the state level. Indeed, that is the whole purpose of the FDA.

B. Frank

No, each state regulates the pharmaceutical industry and thus they must have some level of representation within each state as well as before the Feds.

Edited by bfrankdc

Bfrankdc,

Here is where you are wrong.

The FDA regulates and so does the states on varying issues: E.G. David Catania attempted to regulate pricing whereas the federal court struck that law down but for a vary narrow reason.

No state can create a law that overrides or lessen any Federal law but they are allowed to create laws that add to the federal law like they do with wages, labeling and other matters.

If this was no so, then many industries would not have lobbyists on the state level.

No. FDA regulates the pharmaceutical industry. States may obviously regulate Pharma companies as corporate entities -- and of course they administer Medicaid, which affects how they do business -- but FDA essentially preempts any regulation related to their business model.

Glaxo is HQ\'d in Philadelphia.

Sad that a layman like me knows more about the industry than a professional. I challange you to show me where in the FDA or legal guidelines there is a requirement for drug approval at the state level. Indeed, that is the whole purpose of the FDA.

B. Frank

Well,

My friend who is at the General Counsel's office at GlaxoSmithKline says they only deal with the FDA. They deal with states on Medicare issues, but otherwise, you are basically wrong.

Is there a reason you are now JRR rather than Jonathan R. Rees?

B. Frank

Bfrankdc,

Here is where you are wrong.

The FDA regulates and so does the states on varying issues: E.G. David Catania attempted to regulate pricing whereas the federal court struck that law down but for a vary narrow reason.

No state can create a law that overrides or lessen any Federal law but they are allowed to create laws that add to the federal law like they do with wages, labeling and other matters.

If this was no so, then many industries would not have lobbyists on the state level.

Edited by bfrankdc

I just changed my sign in name but I have never been gone.

Remember, I am suppose to be psychotic and have a multiple alias disorder according to you.

Well,

My friend who is at the General Counsel's office at GlaxoSmithKline says they only deal with the FDA. They deal with states on Medicare issues, but otherwise, you are basically wrong.

Is there a reason you are now JRR rather than Jonathan R. Rees?

B. Frank

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.