Washington DC Message Boards

A Message From Jonathan Rees To His Online Critics

This may be a generational mistake Jonathan. But, the term "mental retardation" is often misunderstood and not seen as derogatory. One of DCpages.com staff, Joe Knight, is learning disabled. You may have read his posts on these message boards from time to time. If you called Joe a "Retard" when he was young he would have been quite insulted and hurt. Over the years he gained wisdom that many people do not realize that calling him retarded is offensive and that there is something seriously wrong about making humor out of it. Something to think about.

A Message From Jonathan Rees To His Online Critics

post-3996-1156413940.jpg

Luke,

Read the fine print on the bottom of that picture.

Somebody did this and made it look like I did it.

On the bottom it says A Very Special Message From JRR's Shut The F Up Foundation.

I posted this as I think one of your readers did it!

This may be a generational mistake Jonathan. But, the term "mental retardation" is often misunderstood and not seen as derogatory. One of DCpages.com staff, Joe Knight, is learning disabled. You may have read his posts on these message boards from time to time. If you called Joe a "Retard" when he was young he would have been quite insulted and hurt. Over the years he gained wisdom that many people do not realize that calling him retarded is offensive and that there is something seriously wrong about making humor out of it. Something to think about.

Okay, this is too far, and you have lost my support.

To Bfrank, and your friends? "I will no longer try to get both of you to act civil with each other".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke,

On the bottom it says A Very Special Message From JRR's Shut The F Up Foundation.

Jonathan,

Can you tell me where you found the picture? Maybe we can get to the bottom of it.

I think when people called me retarded it made me mad because I am learning disabled. I made a huge inpact because I passed all my high school test and my teachers said I would not pass anything. They said I was retarded and that I was dumb and made me angry. I was detirmend to fight my way to the top in a big way and pass all test in school. I will do good in this demanding world too.

Luke,

<_< So, let me get this straight. You're now claiming that you posted that to show that someone else created an offensive graphic and attached your name to it? Not to taunt your "critics"? Pa-leeeez.

I'm with Luke. Prove it, then, by providing the link to the picture you found.

Just watch it everyone. He's probably creating a clearly fake website and adding that graphic right now.

The cover-up is what got Nixon, dude, not the crime. But be careful. You've already demonstrated you don't know enough about IT to get away with subterfuge of that magnitude. You'll leave a trail, and you won't even realize it.

You can't lie your way out of this one, sir. The fact that you're attempting to is almost as offensive as your original post.

Luke,

I do not know where that picture originated but I got an anonymous email saying did you create this and it was attached in a PDF file. Email me and I'll send to you what was sent to me.

<_< So, let me get this straight. You're now claiming that you posted that to show that someone else created an offensive graphic and attached your name to it? Not to taunt your "critics"? Pa-leeeez.

I'm with Luke. Prove it, then, by providing the link to the picture you found.

Just watch it everyone. He's probably creating a clearly fake website and adding that graphic right now.

The cover-up is what got Nixon, dude, not the crime. But be careful. You've already demonstrated you don't know enough about IT to get away with subterfuge of that magnitude. You'll leave a trail, and you won't even realize it.

You can't lie your way out of this one, sir. The fact that you're attempting to is almost as offensive as your original post.

Luke:

Please do email him since he offered.

But: make sure he sends you ALL the original headers and source codes for the "anonymous email." Otherwise, it's meaningless. I beg you, have someone who knows about this stuff look it over.

Anyone with a basic understanding of codes and IT in general will be able to show you whether that email was sent to him (probably BY him) AFTER he posted the image here. Which is what, if we know Rees, is exactly what he'll try to do.

Although now that I've posted this, it's a safe bet that he'll manufacture some excuse for NOT sending you the email (with codes). Wait and see.

This is not about just one email of course. This is but one of countless similar examples of Rees doing something awful, getting criticized for it, then blaming it on some mysterious third person. It goes to character. And even then, none of it would matter if he weren't running for office, or if he weren't constantly attempting to slander other, more decent, people's character in the process.

It's my hope that, at long last, you're beginning to see that the criticism of Rees isn't rooted in mean-spiritedness nor any political agenda, but out of a sincere and deep-felt sense of outrage over his actions as a self-proclaimed candidate for office.

Thank you.

Luke,

I do not know where that picture originated but I got an anonymous email saying did you create this and it was attached in a PDF file. Email me and I'll send to you what was sent to me.

I think when people called me retarded it made me mad because I am learning disabled. I made a huge inpact because I passed all my high school test and my teachers said I would not pass anything. They said I was retarded and that I was dumb and made me angry. I was detirmend to fight my way to the top in a big way and pass all test in school. I will do good in this demanding world too.

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us Joe. Most of us here appreciate it. Ignore the one who does not.

I have enjoyed your posts on the other DCPages forums. I like your enthusiasm. You seem to really enjoy your life! Your posts always remind me how important it is to appreciate even small joys and, especially, the people I love.

This is just one of the original sources where that picture could have come from.

http://home.nc.rr.com/inbedwithhomer/arguing_internet.jpg

Luke:

Did Rees ever send you the alleged "anonymous email?"

Any signs of doctoring?

Luke:

Did Rees ever send you the alleged "anonymous email?"

Any signs of doctoring?

No Mr. Rees did not. He stated that his computer crashed.

But, take a look at this index of photos. I did not want to open that zip file.

http://home.nc.rr.com/inbedwithhomer/

I would advise that you contact Road Runner.

13241 Woodland Park Rd.

Herndon, VA 20171

(703) 345-2500

:D

Ha! "my computer crashed." Good one.

See what we mean, Luke?

By the way, that original offensive Special Olympics image has been passed all over the internet for a couple of years now. Do a google image search and see for yourself.

So you can ignore his latest bogus "theory" about where it came from.

Luke,

A simple review of other places Rees is still able to post (there are not very many of them) will yield results that would contradict the concept that his computer crashed.

B. Frank

But, take a look at this index of photos. I did not want to open that zip file.

http://home.nc.rr.com/inbedwithhomer/

Luke,

I can bring to your office my computer that crashed and a receipt of the new one I just bought at Besty Buy to show you so these jerk can hear it from you.

Luke,

A simple review of other places Rees is still able to post (there are not very many of them) will yield results that would contradict the concept that his computer crashed.

B. Frank

Jonathan,

The only lesson learned here is that you should have put up an explanation when you put up any image. That way everyone would have known that you were not trying to make a joke about it. Otherwise, people can only interpret what they see.

Human,

Exactly how am I the bad guy here? Rees posts a completely inappropriate and offensive image, and you buy the concept that somehow his detractors created it and he posted it without an explanation?

He has been doing this for months. Strike that. It has been over a year now, and when you include the completely offensive and racist images presented on the Columbia Heights Yahoo groups as was posted in this forum from 2001, it is a long and sick pattern.

B. Frank

I understood what Rees was saying perfectly well.

The picture However was out of line.

In politics you run into "usually on a daily basis" people like bfrank, and others.

Just use mental ignore, and THAT's IT.

Bfrank,Bfrank,Bfrank!!!! Ya know, I use to be a democrat once “a long, long, long time ago".

But here is the rub of it all, When I was a democrat; I was taught to go after the truth "I learned that a

little bit too well".

I got to see FIRST hand in how the democrats pit one democrat group against each other, then come in

and act as the savior, when in fact they "the democrats" were/or where pulling the strings".

Also as a latino myself I got to see again "first hand" what they thought of my group as well “That was not a pretty picture either".

Now what does this have to do with your post???

NOTHING. I'm not a democrat anymore. I don't play the democrat game.

Ya know; this is the ONLY message board that I have actually been HONEST ON.

Wow. That was really somethin' Human.

The quotation marks alone are worth the price of admission! Not to mention the logical legerdemain. Rare indeed.

Thanks for sharing!

Bfrank,Bfrank,Bfrank!!!! Ya know, I use to be a democrat once “a long, long, long time ago".

But here is the rub of it all, When I was a democrat; I was taught to go after the truth "I learned that a

little bit too well".

I got to see FIRST hand in how the democrats pit one democrat group against each other, then come in

and act as the savior, when in fact they "the democrats" were/or where pulling the strings".

Also as a latino myself I got to see again "first hand" what they thought of my group as well “That was not a pretty picture either".

Now what does this have to do with your post???

NOTHING. I'm not a democrat anymore. I don't play the democrat game.

Ya know; this is the ONLY message board that I have actually been HONEST ON.

Bfrank, I think you did it as you have been so full of dirty tricks since the first day I came across your dishonest and evil self.

Human,

Exactly how am I the bad guy here? Rees posts a completely inappropriate and offensive image, and you buy the concept that somehow his detractors created it and he posted it without an explanation?

He has been doing this for months. Strike that. It has been over a year now, and when you include the completely offensive and racist images presented on the Columbia Heights Yahoo groups as was posted in this forum from 2001, it is a long and sick pattern.

B. Frank

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.