Washington DC Message Boards

Friends of the Earth Ward 3 Forum

August 10th - WARD 3 Council Candidates FORUM

DATE: Thursday, August 10, 2006

PARTICIPANTS SO FAR: Bill Rice, Jonathan Rees, Eric Goulet, Sam Brooks, Paul Strauss, Catherine Wiss

TIME: 12 TO 1:30 PM

PLACE: FRIENDS OF THE EARTH, 1717 Massachusetts Avenue NW #600 (Dupont Circle Metro - South Exit)

Where did you get that silly notion?

Rees never does forums!

PARTICIPANTS SO FAR: Bill Rice, Jonathan Rees, Eric Goulet, Sam Brooks, Paul Strauss, Catherine Wiss

PLACE: FRIENDS OF THE EARTH, 1717 Massachusetts Avenue NW #600 (Dupont Circle Metro - South Exit)

If I were a betting person, I'd bet that Rees does not show up. He can't risk having to answer some very difficult questions about his resume, about his attacks on other candidates, about his contradictory statements all over the Internet.

While Rees can try to deflect the truth using his numerous aliases on the Internet, it's another thing entirely to have to answer tough questions in person.

Of course Rees is not going to show up as he campaigns on the note that he does not seek contributions, endorsements or ratings from special interest groups.

Your assumption that Rees will be a no show is a no-brainer!

If I were a betting person, I'd bet that Rees does not show up. He can't risk having to answer some very difficult questions about his resume, about his attacks on other candidates, about his contradictory statements all over the Internet.

While Rees can try to deflect the truth using his numerous aliases on the Internet, it's another thing entirely to have to answer tough questions in person.

So why did you respond that you were going to attend? You lied to these folks only to stiff them? Why not just tell them you are not going to attend? It is an insult to the voters for you to avoid answering the questions of the voters and the questions of the folks sponsoring the forum which you have apparently indicated you would attend.

See, you are a liar and do not care about voters and residents you claim to want to represent. This is part of what makes you unfit for office.

B. Frank

Of course Rees is not going to show up as he campaigns on the note that he does not seek contributions, endorsements or ratings from special interest groups.

Your assumption that Rees will be a no show is a no-brainer!

From the WardThreeDC blog comments section.

Jonathan R. Rees said...

WTOP contacted me about this debate, and I did not agree to participate so any representation that I would is false.

To the contrary, I will not be participating as I see debates as being worthless tools of modern day politics as 99% of the voters do too.

http://wardthreedc.blogspot.com/2006/07/wa...ates-forum.html

There are two differernt debates/forum here.

One is the environmental forum which, according to their website/email blast, Rees responded affirmatively that he will attend. That is what I posted above. If he isn't, but told them he was (just like he did in March), then it simply makes him look for foolish than he already is.

http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=8250

http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=8262

It also shows major disrespect to the sponsoring organizations and the voters.

The other event is a radio forum. If he doesn't want to go, that is his choice. It is the WREN one however, where they have advertised his presense which is an issue.

B. Frank

From the WardThreeDC blog comments section.

Jonathan R. Rees said...

WTOP contacted me about this debate, and I did not agree to participate so any representation that I would is false.

To the contrary, I will not be participating as I see debates as being worthless tools of modern day politics as 99% of the voters do too.

http://wardthreedc.blogspot.com/2006/07/wa...ates-forum.html

I told both sponsors long before they announced their event that I would not participate.

There was no disrespect on my part but an error on their's to represent contrary as because I faxed them a big NO and I kept these faxes to show when I said NO and it was long before they alleged I agreed.

There are two differernt debates/forum here.

One is the environmental forum which, according to their website/email blast, Rees responded affirmatively that he will attend. That is what I posted above. If he isn't, but told them he was (just like he did in March), then it simply makes him look for foolish than he already is.

http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=8250

http://www.dcmessageboards.com/index.php?showtopic=8262

It also shows major disrespect to the sponsoring organizations and the voters.

The other event is a radio forum. If he doesn't want to go, that is his choice. It is the WREN one however, where they have advertised his presense which is an issue.

B. Frank

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.