Washington DC Message Boards

Last Night's Ward 3 Debates

Last night, 28,900 of ward 3's, 29,000 Democrats did not attend the candidates' debate, had no interest in doing so nor care what happened.

While my rivals were appealing to 100 voters at best, my team distributed in the Palisades 2,000 fliers to the homes of Democrats and spoke to around 170 people face to face.

Again, each candidate has their own style of selling themselves and there is no right or wrong way just a platform of what they want to do for voters that voters will ultimately decide upon.

Last night, 28,900 of ward 3's, 29,000 Democrats did not attend the candidates' debate, had no interest in doing so nor care what happened.

While my rivals were appealing to 100 voters at best, my team distributed in the Palisades 2,000 fliers to the homes of Democrats and spoke to around 170 people face to face.

Again, each candidate has their own style of selling themselves and there is no right or wrong way just a platform of what they want to do for voters that voters will ultimately decide upon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Today begins the challenge period at the DC Board of Elections and Ethics (DCBOE) for petition signatures submitted by candidates for the September primary. The challenge period lasts 10 days. Ward candidates need to submit 250 valid signatures of registered voters. If you're running as a Democrat, the signatures must be of registered Democrats.

Does anyone know how many signatures Rees submitted? Maybe we should take a look at his petition signatures and if we're lucky, we'll be able to kick him off the ballot. He then can spend his free time chasing Ramon and Dr. Michael Griffiths, DDS to blow them again for more money.

The DCBOE is located on the second floor at One Judiciary. It might be worth a try!!!

Guest Guest

Nothing's too underhanded or immoral for that creep. I'll betcha half the signatures are his own, if he's gotten any.

The other half? Let's look for the names Alex Biddy, Tammy Shaw, Angela Brannon, Nikki Dixon, Thelma Roque..... :P

Today begins the challenge period at the DC Board of Elections and Ethics (DCBOE) for petition signatures submitted by candidates for the September primary. The challenge period lasts 10 days. Ward candidates need to submit 250 valid signatures of registered voters. If you're running as a Democrat, the signatures must be of registered Democrats.

Does anyone know how many signatures Rees submitted? Maybe we should take a look at his petition signatures and if we're lucky, we'll be able to kick him off the ballot. He then can spend his free time chasing Ramon and Dr. Michael Griffiths, DDS to blow them again for more money.

The DCBOE is located on the second floor at One Judiciary. It might be worth a try!!!

Guest human_*

How do you think you did, and not just with the people you talked with?

Are you getting good feed back from canvassing the area?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Jonathan R. Rees

I submitted twice as many signatures that were required by the DC BOEE to get my name on the ballot.

I checked each signature at the DC BOEE against their own records for accuracy twice a week.

None of the names you think are on my signature petition will be found there.

Feel free to check everything and make a fool of yourself.

First you have to go in, fill out a form giving you name, address and phone number, show valid DC ID and pay $20 to get that list. When you do, I will have that information and you will no longer be anonymous.

Next you have to do your own research on the DC BOEE computers as I did to check signature validity.

Then, if you find error, you have to submit a letter challenging each questionable signature, you have to inform me as the DC BOEE will do and finally, you and I get to sit down together at the DCBOEE and look again at the records.

So please feel free to challenge me, because then I will get to know who you are.

Guest Jonathan R. Rees

Guest Human,

Most people in Ward 3 still are not sure who is running, many think Kathy Patterson is running to seek re-election not for the Council Chair and some feel that the candidates to chose from are not the cream.

I think the turn out might not be as high as the last time we voted for mayor.

How do you think you did, and not just with the people you talked with?

Are you getting good feed back from canvassing the area?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Ramon Rivera

At least Rees can be proud of the fact that he is not a FAG! Nothing is lower than being a FAG!

Nothing's too underhanded or immoral for that creep. I'll betcha half the signatures are his own, if he's gotten any.

The other half? Let's look for the names Alex Biddy, Tammy Shaw, Angela Brannon, Nikki Dixon, Thelma Roque..... :P

Guest Guest

At least Rees can be proud of the fact that he is not a FAG!

That's not why -I've- heard!!

The Bard's "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." comes to mind.

Guest Ramon Rivera

Team Rees has found 164 residents of Ward 3 who are obviously schizophrenic because they just cannot make up their mind who to vote for.

By this, I mean, 164 residents of Ward 3 have 3 or 4 yard signs for 3 or 4 ward 3 candidates in front of their house. See http://dc2006.net/confused_voter.jpg

Most yard signs are to be found in the Palisades where 50% of the registered voters are Republicans, and the Palisades historically make up 4% of the votes cast in the past four primaries.

Team Rees is running two shifts a day, of 4 distributors per shift, and this morning, we completed the Palisades in eight hours.

The candidates with the most yard signs ward wide are:

Mary Cheh

Kathy Wiss

Paul Strauss

Robert Gordon

Bill Rice

Sam Brooks

Eric Gaull, Eric Goulet and Paul Strauss have the most posters on telephone poles throughout the ward.

This is going to be a very close race…………………………………………………………..

confused_voter.jpg

Team Rees has found 164 residents of Ward 3 who are obviously schizophrenic because they just cannot make up their mind who to vote for.

By this, I mean, 164 residents of Ward 3 have 3 or 4 yard signs for 3 or 4 ward 3 candidates in front of their house. See http://dc2006.net/confused_voter.jpg

Most yard signs are to be found in the Palisades where 50% of the registered voters are Republicans, and the Palisades historically make up 4% of the votes cast in the past four primaries.

Team Rees is running two shifts a day, of 4 distributors per shift, and this morning, we completed the Palisades in eight hours.

The candidates with the most yard signs ward wide are:

Mary Cheh

Kathy Wiss

Paul Strauss

Robert Gordon

Bill Rice

Sam Brooks

Eric Gaull, Eric Goulet and Paul Strauss have the most posters on telephone poles throughout the ward.

This is going to be a very close race…………………………………………………………..

confused_voter.jpg

Guest Guest

So who is the undercover brother? Rees or Rivera?

quote name='Guest' date='Jul 9 2006, 06:30 PM' post='18942']

Rees/Ramon is an undercover brother.

I know a guy he let ---- him!

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Thelma Roque, Tom Knott thinks her endorsement is very important!

http://washtimes.com/metro/20060809-110536-9744r.htm

B. Frank

Thelma Roque is a real person, She works in DC but lives in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

She is not listed nor a voter as she is not a US Citizen.

Excellent! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.