Washington DC Message Boards

Comcast Slams Senior Citizen

Luke_Wilbur

Verizon Service Request ID 411193602

Mrs. Allgood from Verizon Natural Return department. This department is focused on bringing back old customers that have changed to another carrier. In addition, Verizon Natural Return helps people that want to switch carriers. Verizon Natural Return department gets email orders of work that they need to do to switch the customer.

On June 8, the Verizon Natural Return department received an email order from Verizon Customer Service that Carmen Wilbur's phone number was activated with Comcast. Allgood, stated that Carmen Wilbur had been slammed by Comcast. This is noted on the Customer Service ticket. The Verizon Natural Return Department researched and found that currently Carmen Wilbur's phone line is inactive.

Verizon Customer Service recieved an order from Comcast to switch the number on May 30, 2006 from National Marketing Center. (NMC) Based in Tucson, Arizona, the National Marketing Center is a wholesale customer lead generator that works on behalf of Verizon and Comcast. The NMC is responsible for end-to-end service delivery for all Verizon Wholesale Local products.

The National Marketing Center is 1-800-684-9012.

Comcast Customer Care.

Mrs. Allgood's telephone number is 804-235-5597

Guest Guest

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:41 PM

Subject: Telephone Woes

June 12 @2:15p.m.

I phoned the National Marketing Center in Arizona and was told that I need a CCNA and Credit Information before I could be connected to an agent.

I conveyed this information to Mrs. Allgood at Verizon and she told me to call COMCAST. I talked with [Comcast] Ronald (no last name on x-7307) and Anthony [Comcast] (no last name on x-7322). Both told me that there was no listing and nothing on [Comcast's] billing system.

Mrs. Allgood [Verizon] had given me an Order # D6NH69484 but Comcast had no listing [order].

Mrs. Allgood did some research and asked that I call COMCAST on 1-800-266-2278 and put in a "troubled ticket" with Comcast and was without a dial tone since May 30,2006. I talked with Francis [Comcast] (no last name on x-7018) and he had information on hand with Ticket #64132960. He said a technician would come to the house to restore service. However, he will call beforehand to make an appointment.

I telephoned Mrs. Allgood and gave her the foregoing information and to say that Verizon too was at fault for not giving me the complete information until today.

Now my telephone service will be restored until June 26.

Thanks for your help. Mom

Guest Guest

June 16, 2006 At 9:05am I called Detrrick at Comcast (x-7018) and was told that Detrrick had left the message "Working with Verizon" I tried to reach Detrrick again but, at 2:45p.m. he had not called back.

At 9:45 a.m. June 16 I telephoned the Sales Dept at Comcast (301-424-4400) and was told that Laura, Sales Rep, had hancled my account at Comcast.

I telephoned Mrs. Allgood at Verizon and gave her the foregoing information. She said that Verizon needed a release order from Comcast to have my service reactivated.

My son, Luke Wilbur, talked with Clinton (no last name on x-2280) at Comcast and gave him an overview of the situation requesting an e-mail from Clinton, or a supervisor) on an immediate basis. (From Carmen Wilbur)

Dedrick of Comcast of customer service (1-800-266-2278 option 1 [English], option 1 [trouble], option 3 [home telephone service] ) stated that Comcast by accident gave Carmen Wilbur's number to another customer. They are trying to contact this customer to give the line back to Mrs. Wilbur.

Here are the two emails I received today from Comcast.

From: White, Dedrick [mailto:Dedrick_White@CABLE.COMCAST.com]

Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 11:55 AM

To: luke@dcpages.com

Subject:

Mr. Wilbur, per our conversation earlier today I’m working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Once this problem has been resolved I will call Ms. Wilbur back and let her know the status. At this time we are currently working to resolve this problem and again I will call back Ms. Wilbur as soon as this issue has been fixed. I do apologize for the inconvenience and I thank you for your patience in this matter.

Online Tier 1 Support

Thank you

Here is the second message that was sent today

-----Original Message-----

From: White, Dedrick [mailto:Dedrick_White@CABLE.COMCAST.com]

Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 1:36 PM

To: luke@dcpages.com

Subject: Issue resolved

Mr. Wilbur it appears the issue has been resolved, however I’m unable to reach you. I tried calling, but I can only go through your customer service lines. Is there anyway that Ms. Wilbur can call in so we can get the rest of this problem fixed. There is 1 more thing that needs to be done. Thank you again for response in this matter.

Online Tier 1 Support