DC Message Boards
Luke_Wilbur

My puppy is constantly licking problems

Luke_Wilbur    5

My puppy has been licking the side of her front paw and then rubbing her head non-stop.

I see no sign of any wounds. I also felt her legs and it seems to be fine.

But, when I call her she only goes a few feet and then plops and starts licking.

She is a Husky / Shepard mix breed.

This is completely not like her to be so stationary. I usually have to control her from being to wild. I am worried.

Luke_Wilbur    5

Dr. Page of

Animal Clinic of Capitol Hill

1240 Pennsylvania Ave SE (202) 543-2288

Washington, DC 20003

told me to give my dog 40 milligrams of benadryl. My wife found a small red spot where

she has been scratching.

We plan to take Denali to the vet tomorrow.

Guest human_*   
Guest human_*

hmmmmm?? it's a pitty that there is no checkbook for "who is the best vet for our area".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Page of

Animal Clinic of Capitol Hill

1240 Pennsylvania Ave SE (202) 543-2288

Washington, DC 20003

told me to give my dog 40 milligrams of benadryl. My wife found a small red spot where

she has been scratching.

We plan to take Denali to the vet tomorrow.

Guest married_lady   
Guest married_lady

She has allergies trust me I have more dogs,cats,birds,horses,squirrels,chickens,and etc... you can think of. My pug has the same annoying issues give your dog some benadryl and get some ointment for her there are some that you can find at a feed store its an ointment also used on horses and cats its thick and does the trick.Or you can call you vet and get some prescribed, if your not careful licking will turn into chewing and you husky will start losing her hair and have horrible scabs if her allergies aren't taken care of early.Signs of allergies are constant licking,chewing and scratching in a certain region,you may see redness,splotches,or blood.If this is occurring more and more take action.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.