Washington DC Message Boards

A POLITICAL TSUNAMI IS COMING DC.......!!!!

A POLITICAL TSUNAMI IS COMING

http://www.dc2006.net

As the District of Columbia draws closer to the September 12, 2006, primary vote, the voters are bracing themselves for a tsunami of campaigning of the likes not seen in years.

In Ward 3 which is my stomping grounds, the voters are soon to get hit with campaigning and campaign literature by over 25 different candidates running for mayor, council chair, council at large, ward 3 and ANC commissioners.

Many believe that saving yourself as a political candidate for the last sixty (60) days to get the word out is the smart thing to do but more and more political analysts think not, but believe that if you wait until the last sixty (60) days to unload, your message will get drowned out, ignored and have little or no impact as you will be competing with so many other candidates that the sheer number of people seeking to get elected will have the voters running from all candidates like the poor souls running from the bulls at Pamplona in the San Fermin Festival of Pamplona, Spain but in our case, it will be a mad dash by DC voters to get away from the bull throwers.

So what is the trend in American politics? Some brave souls have dared to announce their candidacy like I did months before it is normal to do and many political analysts think this approach has tremendous benefits and they are: 1. Such a candidate will get to have her/his name before voters undividedly; 2. Voters are more likely to study what a candidate has to say when the candidate is not facing any immediate competition and voters are actually feeling more relaxed and not overwhelmed as they are the last sixty (60) days before the big vote; and 3. Once a candidate has imprinted her/his name on voters it is harder for others to come along and erase its affect s short of some famous person like Clint Eastwood jumping into your race.

Candidates like Bolden, Fenty and I entered our races using the newer approach in campaign tactics in order to imprint our names in the minds of voters, to get that undivided attention and our message across and to avoid the inevitable Bull Run we see June through September every election cycle.

Get ready people as the political dam is about to burst!

A POLITICAL TSUNAMI IS COMING

http://www.dc2006.net

As the District of Columbia draws closer to the September 12, 2006, primary vote, the voters are bracing themselves for a tsunami of campaigning of the likes not seen in years.

In Ward 3 which is my stomping grounds, the voters are soon to get hit with campaigning and campaign literature by over 25 different candidates running for mayor, council chair, council at large, ward 3 and ANC commissioners.

Many believe that saving yourself as a political candidate for the last sixty (60) days to get the word out is the smart thing to do but more and more political analysts think not, but believe that if you wait until the last sixty (60) days to unload, your message will get drowned out, ignored and have little or no impact as you will be competing with so many other candidates that the sheer number of people seeking to get elected will have the voters running from all candidates like the poor souls running from the bulls at Pamplona in the San Fermin Festival of Pamplona, Spain but in our case, it will be a mad dash by DC voters to get away from the bull throwers.

So what is the trend in American politics? Some brave souls have dared to announce their candidacy like I did months before it is normal to do and many political analysts think this approach has tremendous benefits and they are: 1. Such a candidate will get to have her/his name before voters undividedly; 2. Voters are more likely to study what a candidate has to say when the candidate is not facing any immediate competition and voters are actually feeling more relaxed and not overwhelmed as they are the last sixty (60) days before the big vote; and 3. Once a candidate has imprinted her/his name on voters it is harder for others to come along and erase its affect s short of some famous person like Clint Eastwood jumping into your race.

Candidates like Bolden, Fenty and I entered our races using the newer approach in campaign tactics in order to imprint our names in the minds of voters, to get that undivided attention and our message across and to avoid the inevitable Bull Run we see June through September every election cycle.

Get ready people as the political dam is about to burst!

Rees; considering that D.C. is the nation’s capitol what is your vision for D.C. 5 years from now?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I often have these attacks of intelligence that I cannot control.

My vision is one of greater economic prosperity resulting from lower taxes, better management of our local government, an expanding tax base and where more businesses and people move into the District to make it possible for us to achieve much of what we want but eludes us because of those obstacles we speak of so much.

Check out my website to know those things I want to do.

Rees; considering that D.C. is the nation’s capitol what is your vision for D.C. 5 years from now?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.