Washington DC Message Boards

QUESTION FOR NELSON JACOBSEN

Aren't you a resident of Glover Park?

Then why are you the moderator of the Spring Valley list server if you do not live there?

Nelson Jacobsen posted in the Spring Valley list server what we see below.

Also two of my friends says that Jacobsen does moderate one of the Glover Park list servers as he has bounced them off it.

PROOF:

Just to let everyone know that I recently removed a member after asking them to only reply with commercial solicitations directly to the member seeking services that this member offers.

While we do not have too many rules on these here fang-dangled listservs posting your businesses offerings over and over and over again seem too much. As well I sent an email directly to the member asking them not too and they did again.

Tips on getting messages they way you want them. If you would like to have the way you get your emails from these groups changed please visit the group page and edit you membership.

The choices are:

1. Individual Emails, which means you get emails as they come in.

2. Daily Digest, which gives you each days post once a day.

3. Special Notices, which only delivers emails that are important and very rarely used.

4. No Email, which means that you would not have them coming to your in box and you would have to read them on the group's page. A great choice for vacation periods.

If you are having problems with making this work for you please send me an email stating your request and I will make them for you. NelsonJacobsen@yahoo.com

We do have a number of events coming up in and around the city which will be posted on the listservs and you should post your events and thoughts.

Here to Serve,

Nelson

Dear SCOOPER,

I am not a resident of Glover Park, I have not ever been the moderator of the Glover Park. As to the Spring Valley list I started it because there was not one there for it.

As to your friends they need to put down the French cigarettes and ask the moderator of the Glover Park list who started it.

Since I have only said I have noting to do with it three times and you are unable to comprehend that message I do not know else I could do.

As to your proof, that was about a home improvement contractor that is spamming the lists I moderate see the message below.

Date: Mon May 8, 2006 9:15am(PDT)

Subject: Excellent Landscaping/Home Improvement service offerred

I'm a General Contractor with a team having more than 30 years of experience. We offer reasonable prices and excellent workmanship. We look forward to working with you on your home renovation/improvement

needs. Among other things we specialize in includes: Landcsaping/sodding, Fences, Brick/stone/cement patios, walk/driveways, tile, paint, etc.

As to your friends being bounced off perhaps you could give me their names and I will post here when and why I have removed very few people, If I really did.

As for "SCOOPER" or what ever you are hinding behind these days, You have removed yourself from several of the list I moderate and not me removing you; Which many people have asked me to do.

So your "Friends" which you claim I have removed leaves only one person I know on the Spring Valley list that would be interested in posting the message you have. Now that said I am not running for public office, nor am I a public figure, so you are better off steering clear of trying to bring my name up which you have done-- not the other way around.

I none the less find you amusing, factually challenged, but a total hoot to read. Keep up the what ever it is your are doing. I have been showing people all over the country these threads and might even put up a website.

Now focus on people that are actually running for office and not get sidelined with the spectors.

Nelson

Nelson Jacobsen is a good man. He has been a positive force in our online community.

Let's talk about what the hell is going on with the stadium. I personally want to know

timeline of completion. I have been hearing gunshots on several occassions at night

in zip code 20002. Except for the Library of Congress, Smithsonian, and other non profits there

is no decent Libraries in my neighborhood. The DC Veterans memorial on the National

Mall is dirty and falling apart. Is Linda Crop going to be our mayor? Lets stop doggessin

and start acting like we care about the District.

Since there are no hot button issues, I think voter turn out will be lower than expected.

Nelson Jacobsen is a good man. He has been a positive force in our online community.

Let\'s talk about what the hell is going on with the stadium. I personally want to know

timeline of completion. I have been hearing gunshots on several occassions at night

in zip code 20002. Except for the Library of Congress, Smithsonian, and other non profits there

is no decent Libraries in my neighborhood. The DC Veterans memorial on the National

Mall is dirty and falling apart. Is Linda Crop going to be our mayor? Lets stop doggessin

and start acting like we care about the District.

By this Republican here is a shameless plug for ANYONE "regardless of political affiliation" getting an education, or thinking of getting an education. Use the links well.

http://www.lib.msu.edu/harris23/grants/3specpop.htm

www.grants.gov

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Libraries and Schools should be top issues. Children are the future. With everything becoming so competitive we need to give our kids the best opportunity our government can buy.

Luke,

I tend to agree with your sentiment. The one thing holding DC back is the fact that many percieve the city's public education system as being 'not viable'. As a result, families with young kids are often seen flocking to the near suburbs as their children near school age. Retaining and attracting new families such as these should be a lynchpin to Mayor William 100,000 new residents initiative.

The library system is simply a shambles, from the MLK proposals downtown to the branches throught they city. There is no reason why DCPL is in bad shape other than simple mismanagement over the course of 40 years.

There are a lot of issues, and the candidates are only now beginning to distinguesh themselves. It should be an interesting summer.

B. Frank

I think Libraries and Schools should be top issues. Children are the future. With everything becoming so competitive we need to give our kids the best opportunity our government can buy.

Luke,

Did you see today on NBC that segment about companies out-sourcing jobs to India?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.