Washington DC Message Boards

What are you going to do?

After reading all of these nasty postings about Jonathan Rees whether true or not, what are all of you to do if by chance Jonathan Rees actually pulls it off and wins?

I mean, I fail to see out there on the campaign trail any of the others with the exception of a few yard signs where on that score, Mary Cheh and Cathy Wiss has all of the others beat in the numbers.

For a person like Jonathan Rees whom all of you think is a joke, I think he is doing a far better job of reaching people than any of the others and by the mere fact he has hit the ward with his papers like a Tsuami, I think that gives him a slight leg up.

I fail to see any of the other candidates matching Jonathan Rees in advertising and that is crucial often in winning elections.

After reading all of these nasty postings about Jonathan Rees whether true or not, what are all of you to do if by chance Jonathan Rees actually pulls it off and wins?

I mean, I fail to see out there on the campaign trail any of the others with the exception of a few yard signs where on that score, Mary Cheh and Cathy Wiss has all of the others beat in the numbers.

For a person like Jonathan Rees whom all of you think is a joke, I think he is doing a far better job of reaching people than any of the others and by the mere fact he has hit the ward with his papers like a Tsuami, I think that gives him a slight leg up.

I fail to see any of the other candidates matching Jonathan Rees in advertising and that is crucial often in winning elections.

Better you should ask what will we do when flying robots people the earth, which is the more likely scenario. Vague and childish handbills do not equal genuine campaigning.

Advertising 101: "Reaching voters" isn't enough. "Advertising" isn't about sheer quantity. There's effective advertising, and ineffective advertising. Having a coherent, well-articulated message is paramount.

But in the end having a good product is the most important thing of all. In this case, a rational, capable, trustworthy, humane, intelligent, experienced candidate who believes in doing what's right. Who doesn't condone seedy shadowy on-line libel, hate speech, disinformation and spam. No amount of "advertising" can make people want a defective product.

I think Jonathan Rees does have a coherent message but on the issue of decency I cannot say but I can say posting attacks on him here and there will not deter him or impact on his campaign as who is reading it that counts? I doubt enough people.

What I have read makes you come across as not quite right yourself when you state that anybody who post a message here has to be none other than Jonathan Rees and that makes people like me wonder if you have all your faculties.

Better you should ask what will we do when flying robots people the earth, which is the more likely scenario. Vague and childish handbills do not equal genuine campaigning.

Again, \"reaching voters\" isn\'t enough - having a coherent message and a demonstrated sense of decency is. Handbills alone aren\'t going to help you undo the months of self-sabotage with which you\'ve been busying yourself.

What I have read makes you come across as not quite right yourself when you state that anybody who post a message here has to be none other than Jonathan Rees and that makes people like me wonder if you have all your faculties.

I'll try not to lose sleep over this.

As a matter of fact, I have looked at each of the websites of candidates and none of them have any real message.

They are boring at best although they may look nice, they are not saying anything new or that which would excite a voter to vote for any of them.

Just the same old stuff just packaged differently.

None of these candidates are really coming across well.

I\'ll try not to lose sleep over this.

As a matter of fact, I have looked at each of the websites of candidates and none of them have any real message.

They are boring at best although they may look nice, they are not saying anything new or that which would excite a voter to vote for any of them.

I\'ll try not to lose sleep over this.

• 3 weeks later...

They would all crap on themselves if I pulled it off and move to San Francisco.

It's worth noting how Rees' fantasies and lies have been escalating. Take this statement, posted on the Washington Post's blog (and similarly elsewhere):

"Back in 1990, I together with the US Dept. of Justice locked horns with a Ward 3 property management company called Daro Realty, Inc. who owns a good number of properties along Connecticut and Wisconsin Avenues, NW.

"Daro Realty, Inc. made it a pattern and practice of instructing their managers not to rent apartments to African Americans, Gays and Hispanic people.

"I was the person who rallied up the angry residents managers, took all the evidence to the US Department of Justice and the evidence was so good that the US DOJ only took three days to decide and filed a civil rights -fair housing action suit under federal law and incorporated DC on top of it."

But if you look at the court record, you find something dramatically different. Rees actually filed three cases against Daro Reality -- by himself and not with the US Department of Justice. In the first case, Rees sued Daro for $500 million. The case was dismissed. Rees next two cases against Daro were dismissed with prejudice. Those are the facts.

Here are the citations, just for the record:

190cv01360 REES v. DARO REALTY, INC. filed 06/11/90

190cv02150 REES v. DARO REALTY, INC., et al filed 08/31/90

191cv00334 REES v. DARO REALTY, INC., et al filed 02/14/91

Factchecker I did not lie about me role in the USA v Daro case and I would have no problem in the news media investigating that case and reporting what it finds as it would find what I have said to be true.

Unlike you who is a pice of horse crap and sissie coward who hides behind a phony name, I do not and will always come forward and meet your challenge sissie.

It\'s worth noting how Rees\' fantasies and lies have been escalating. Take this statement, posted on the Washington Post\'s blog (and similarly elsewhere):

\"Back in 1990, I together with the US Dept. of Justice locked horns with a Ward 3 property management company called Daro Realty, Inc. who owns a good number of properties along Connecticut and Wisconsin Avenues, NW.

\"Daro Realty, Inc. made it a pattern and practice of instructing their managers not to rent apartments to African Americans, Gays and Hispanic people.

\"I was the person who rallied up the angry residents managers, took all the evidence to the US Department of Justice and the evidence was so good that the US DOJ only took three days to decide and filed a civil rights -fair housing action suit under federal law and incorporated DC on top of it.\"

But if you look at the court record, you find something dramatically different. Rees actually filed three cases against Daro Reality -- by himself and not with the US Department of Justice. In the first case, Rees sued Daro for $500 million. The case was dismissed. Rees next two cases against Daro were dismissed with prejudice. Those are the facts.

Factchecker I did not lie about me role in the USA v Daro case and I would have no problem in the news media investigating that case and reporting what it finds as it would find what I have said to be true.

Unlike you who is a pice of horse crap and sissie coward who hides behind a phony name, I do not and will always come forward and meet your challenge sissie.

It\'s worth noting how Rees\' fantasies and lies have been escalating. Take this statement, posted on the Washington Post\'s blog (and similarly elsewhere):

\"Back in 1990, I together with the US Dept. of Justice locked horns with a Ward 3 property management company called Daro Realty, Inc. who owns a good number of properties along Connecticut and Wisconsin Avenues, NW.

\"Daro Realty, Inc. made it a pattern and practice of instructing their managers not to rent apartments to African Americans, Gays and Hispanic people.

\"I was the person who rallied up the angry residents managers, took all the evidence to the US Department of Justice and the evidence was so good that the US DOJ only took three days to decide and filed a civil rights -fair housing action suit under federal law and incorporated DC on top of it.\"

• 2 weeks later...

"Unlike you who is a pice of horse crap and sissie coward who hides behind a phony name, I do not and will always come forward and meet your challenge sissie."

Rees: Why would anyone vote for you? Read what you just wrote to one of your potential voters... "pice of horse crap and sissie coward".. is that really becoming of anyone who wants to be elected to the council?

The real question is what will you do in November after the elections are held and you're NOT elected? Will you simply vanish? What's your plan B Rees?

• 4 weeks later...

There are 8 candidate which means there will be 1 winner and 7 losers.

It will be an interesting election but one thing is sure, you're already a loser and you are not running.

"Unlike you who is a pice of horse crap and sissie coward who hides behind a phony name, I do not and will always come forward and meet your challenge sissie."

Rees: Why would anyone vote for you? Read what you just wrote to one of your potential voters... "pice of horse crap and sissie coward".. is that really becoming of anyone who wants to be elected to the council?

The real question is what will you do in November after the elections are held and you're NOT elected? Will you simply vanish? What's your plan B Rees?

There are 8 candidate which means there will be 1 winner and 7 losers.

It will be an interesting election but one thing is sure, you're already a loser and you are not running.

It appears that someone's first-grader just discovered how to make the font REALLY BIG.

IT IS CALLED GRANDSTANDING

It appears that someone's first-grader just discovered how to make the font REALLY BIG.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.