DC Message Boards
sandybeach

Tours For Elderly Vets

sandybeach    0

Does anyone know of any visitor tours that specialized in taking elderly veterans to the malls and memorials? I have a father who is a vet. He can walk around, but does so slowly and would need assistance.

sandybeach

Guest Kathleen Rand Reed   
Guest Kathleen Rand Reed

Dear Sandybeach:

To my knowledge there are no tours for the elderly vets. I am an applied anthropologist and I may bring my skill set of conducting "cultural audits" to the District of Columbia government. One of the aspects under the Department of Aging, would be to develop a series of tours for various constituent and visting groups. Senior citizens, whether veterans, ethnics, women, scientists or any other group--the tours would be geared for them and their comfort. Please send me an e-mail to let me know if you are still interested or interested in supporting this type of effort for other elderly veterans. Your interest could prove valuable in establishing a need for such cultural and social enhancements... Thank you so much!

Kathleen

Guest Kim Wolf   
Guest Kim Wolf

I am very interesting in helping to organize tours for elderly vets. I have a lot of experience working with this constituency, and I'm currently a graduate student studying gerontology. I work and live in Washington, DC, so I'm eager to jump in and help! Please let me know if this is still somethng you're pursuing. Thanks!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.