Washington DC Message Boards

Rees the political Heretic

Mr. Rees has portrayed his campaign as a maverick form to distinguish himself from traditional politics. The problem is that Mr. Rees completly ignores the lies, impersonations and other odd behavior which dot his campaign strategy. It is this erratic behavior which draws the ire of the internet consuming public. He thinks the ire (and subsequent posts by the likes of people like me) is because he thinks "his rivals" feel threatened by his political presence. No Mr. Rees, it is because you lie, distort and cannot be honest about anything you say or with anyone you associate.

For example, via an alias, Mr. Rees proclaimed his campigns support from several health related organizations:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tenleytown/message/3331

X-Originating-IP: 66.94.237.50

X-Yahoo-Post-IP: 4.248.218.108

However, one member of the public investigated Rees's claims and found them to be inaccurate to entirely flase:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tenleytown/message/3657

Mr. C. Jay Brown, Executive Director of the DC Dental Society writes on Nov.

17, "The DC Dental Society has not endorsed anyone. If someone has indicated

such they are misrepresenting the fact."

Tonya Vidal Kinlow, Vice President for Government Relations, District of

Columbia Hospital Association, wrote on Nov. 17, "The Association has not

endorsed any 2006 DC candidate."

K. Edward Shanbacker, Executive Vice President, Medical Society of the

District of Columbia, writes on Nov. 17, "The Medical Society is a

non-profit assn. (sic) and does not endorse candidates for public office. "

He goes on to say that they have a PAC, but it will not begin the

endorsement process until closer to the election.

This is but one of too many concrete examples where there are inconsistencies or outright lies. The digital trails of statements made by Rees (and his aliases/surrogates) are too many and too blatent. Much of it has occurred in this forum, on Yahoo, DCist, etc. for anyone to research and digest.

Greetings BFrank,

As an employee of Georgetown University Hospital, the DC Hospital Association never endorses ward candidates just a candidate for mayor so on this score Mr Rees could never be endorsed.

On the other hand, the DC Hospital Association does issue a Score Card which most employees of the hospitals get to based their voting decision on.

On the Score Card we received recently, Mr Rees did get one of the highest scores so maybe Mr Rees takes that fact as an endorsement.

As for Mr Rees and the DC Dental Society, the DCDS also uses the score card system and Mr Rees got a perfect score but that is easy to believe when his boss is the head of the DCDS PAC.

P.S. The healthcare industry is very cautious not to openly endorse candidates out of fear that the trial lawyers will field a candidate to prevent any tort reform. Thus score cards, endorsements and the like are kept among workers in this area and not released to the general public.

Greetings BFrank,

As an employee of Georgetown University Hospital, the DC Hospital Association never endorses ward candidates just a candidate for mayor so on this score Mr Rees could never be endorsed.

On the other hand, the DC Hospital Association does issue a Score Card which most employees of the hospitals get to based their voting decision on.

On the Score Card we received recently, Mr Rees did get one of the highest scores so maybe Mr Rees takes that fact as an endorsement.

As for Mr Rees and the DC Dental Society, the DCDS also uses the score card system and Mr Rees got a perfect score but that is easy to believe when his boss is the head of the DCDS PAC.

P.S. The healthcare industry is very cautious not to openly endorse candidates out of fear that the trial lawyers will field a candidate to prevent any tort reform. Thus score cards, endorsements and the like are kept among workers in this area and not released to the general public.

Another Rees lie:

In this post, the poster identifies themselves as "Dr. Michael Griffiths" (eventhough the IP address is consistent with Rees numerous other aliases:

In this post, the poster (again, "Dr. Griffiths") claims that Mr. Rees is not in his employ:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tenleytown/message/3341

X-Originating-IP: 66.94.237.40

X-Yahoo-Post-IP: 4.249.114.108

Rees has claimed to work for Institutional Dental Care (IDC Inc.). If you research Dr. Griffiths and IDCinc, you will see it is obvious that the company is indeed owned and operated by Dr. Griffiths.

B. Frank

Greetings BFrank,

Both Dr. Griffiths and IDC are listed at 3100 20th Street NE.

Mr Rees does work for IDC and this Thursday thru Saturday Mr Rees will be attending the 2006 DC Dental Society Convention at the new Convention Center as the official representative for IDC where Mr Rees will be lobbying all dental workers on his campaign.

You might want to go and see it yourselves.

Another Rees lie:

In this post, the poster identifies themselves as "Dr. Michael Griffiths" (eventhough the IP address is consistent with Rees numerous other aliases:

In this post, the poster (again, "Dr. Griffiths") claims that Mr. Rees is not in his employ:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tenleytown/message/3341

X-Originating-IP: 66.94.237.40

X-Yahoo-Post-IP: 4.249.114.108

Rees has claimed to work for Institutional Dental Care (IDC Inc.). If you research Dr. Griffiths and IDCinc, you will see it is obvious that the company is indeed owned and operated by Dr. Griffiths.

B. Frank

Don't bother, B. He isn't capable of nuanced thought, let alone any talk of ethics,so your analysis is completely over his head. It's all "Me Am The Greatest. Me Crush Other Man." (imagine him thumping his chest like a pint-sized Kong. ) That's the only sort of discourse he's equipped to understand. You're going to have to lower the rhetorical bar for his sake. Consider using more color photographs or cartoons in the future ;-)

Would you like to translate that into English?

Don\'t bother, B. He isn\'t capable of nuaced thought, let alone any talk of ethics,so your analysis is completely over his head. It\'s all \"Me Am The Greatest. Me Crush Other Man.\" (imagine him thumping his chest like a pint-sized Kong. ) That\'s the only sort of discourse he\'s equipped to understand. You\'re going to have to lower the rhetorical bar for his sake. Consider using more color photographs or cartoons in the future ;-)

Truthseeker I understood what you said but what I was asking for was an opinion that was not coming across so full of bias and more objectively said.

It seems that you and others present facts that are so false or out of touch and that does not help us in drawing accurate conclusions and acting on them.

I fail to see any of Mr Rees opponents offering anything better and I wonder if they are capable of doing so.

This is not to say that Mr Rees is the best choice but nobody is offering better.

Is this to say we have a bunch of bores to chose from?

By which, I presume, you mean \\\"third grade English.\\\"

Nah. If the grownup world puzzles you, go play quietly in your room, Junior.

(Thanks for reinforcing my point, by the way.)

LOL,

What better facts than the candidates own words with lijnks and screen shots? What kind of proof has Rees and his "TEAM" provided on anything they have ever posted?

What a joke.

B. Brank

It seems that you and others present facts that are so false or out of touch and that does not help us in drawing accurate conclusions and acting on them.

I checked with a couple of the organizations you cited, and suffice it to say (with no surprise) most of what you posted is simply false. Indeed, the organizations indicated that they will be taking no action, and in the cases of a "score card", they are waiting to see who is actually on the ballot, much less announced. Thus it is premature for any such proclaimations of "perfect scores" on any surveys.

Any other News Flashses?

B. Frank

Greetings BFrank,

Truthseeker I understood what you said but what I was asking for was an opinion that was not coming across so full of bias and more objectively said.

I fail to see any of Mr Rees opponents offering anything better and I wonder if they are capable of doing so.

This is not to say that Mr Rees is the best choice but nobody is offering better.

Is this to say we have a bunch of bores to chose from?

I think the best part about Rees' posts by his team of aliases is the little qualifiers he always trys to inject... the one in this message is "This is not to say that Mr Rees is the best choice but nobody is offering better.".... there's always a line like that. Every time Rees puts that line down (his "finishing touch") he pats himself on the back for being a genius and smiles by knowing that he's now fooled all of us.

Rees: (talking to himself),"How could this be a Rees alias if he writes something off-setting like that?" "MUHAHAHAHAHA I AM A GENIUS!"

comic genius maybe...Rees, you're my little court jester, here's another dime...now dance for us will ya?

I think the best part about Rees' posts by his team of aliases is the little qualifiers he always trys to inject... the one in this message is "This is not to say that Mr Rees is the best choice but nobody is offering better.".... there's always a line like that. Every time Rees puts that line down (his "finishing touch") he pats himself on the back for being a genius and smiles by knowing that he's now fooled all of us.

Rees: (talking to himself),"How could this be a Rees alias if he writes something off-setting like that?" "MUHAHAHAHAHA I AM A GENIUS!"

comic genius maybe...Rees, you're my little court jester, here's another dime...now dance for us will ya?

I noticed that too! He really thinks we're all saying "Wait...what? How can this be? I'm confused!! Rees/Rivera himself would never say such a thing. Perhaps we're all wrong!! Oh Dear Lord, what have we done?!!! May God have mercy on our souls."

;-)

I'm kicking in another dime. I'm hoping he'll do the Humpty Dance next.

The only link if you want to call it that Team Rees has ever done is the fact that his campaign literature is the only stuff anybody can see when you travel around the ward. Nobody else has really been out there.

Would you call that a link sort of say?

LOL,

What better facts than the candidates own words with lijnks and screen shots? What kind of proof has Rees and his "TEAM" provided on anything they have ever posted?

What a joke.

B. Brank

The only link if you want to call it that Team Rees has ever done is the fact that his campaign literature is the only stuff anybody can see when you travel around the ward. Nobody else has really been out there.

Would you call that a link sort of say?

No.

A link to a website or posting other than the candidate's own. Something that provides independent documentation.

PS: "Sort of say". HA!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.