Washington DC Message Boards

Great Programs at the Koshland Science Museum - Chocolate Tasting, Beer Brewing, etc.

Guest Museum Junkie

Guest Museum Junkie

I have been lucky enough to discover a great hidden gem in this city of large museums. The Koshland Science Museum, located at the corner of E and 6th Streets is a great, small museum that exhibits the findings of the National Academies of Science reports. Aside from the interactive exhibits that could keep anyone busy for hours, the museum offers a series of public programs.

Last month I attended a public program that included a science comedian. Hillarious. Who would have thought science was funny?

Later this month the museum is hosting a program on beer - I think Rock Bottom is sponsoring the event. In April, they are hosting a Science of Chocolate event that includes a presentation by the chief scientist from Mars (yes, the company that makes the beloved M&M) and a chocolate tasting with take home treats for attendees. The museum also hosts family friendly events such as family day. I think they also have themed oragami days for the kids.

I highly recommend this museum for anyone who has a genuine interest in science - fun science - and is looking for something different than what the Smithsonians have to offer.

I love this museum! I always take out of town guests here. Everyone has been to the Smithsonians (and of course there is a reason!) but I am always really excited to add a new place to our visitor agenda.

I didn't know they had programs though. Are they on the weekend or during the week? That sounds like something worth getting a baby sitter for!

Guest human_*

Is it wheelchair accessible?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is an event I would like to go. What is the price to attend? How do I get there?

Guest Museum Junkie

That is an event I would like to go. What is the price to attend? How do I get there?

The Science of Chocolate event is $10. You also get a goodie bag of chocolates! You can reserve a spot by calling 202.334.1201

The Museum is located at the corner of 6th and E Streets, NW in downtown Washington, DC. There is a map located on the bottom of this page (see link) http://www.koshland-science.com/events/upc...vent.jsp?id=204

The Beer event which is Thursday night is $25.

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.